Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALCS Game Thread 3 Oct. 16

Jack Morris salutes Comerica Park crowd before throwing out 1st pitch to Tom Brookens.
At least they showed Morris.

Fans would be stupid to boo him. If he blows another game then go ahead and boo him but don't get even farther in his head then he already is. It's the playoffs now.

fans should give Valverde a good cheer. 3 years 110 saves out of 118 save opps = 93%
Whatever the reason for stinking up more non-save opps than not, maybe a head thing, idk.

I would think the post game webvideos would/should have Morris throwing out the first pitch. But probably not the Tigers player introductions.
Whatever is there I will post after the game.

craig sager must get his outfits from Flamer the Tulip haberdashery.

I hate that TBS leaves that pitch zone up all game. There's seems very inaccurate.

Verlander pitching 1st inning,

gardner shows bunt strike call, grounder to Infante,

ichiro fastball high, changeup swings and misses, fastball fouled back, fastball outside, swings and misses fastball up and in,

teixeria fastball strike call, fly to left and Berry has it,

Verlander with 8 pitches,

Nice first inning.

Tex, Cano, and Grandy are the only ones in this lineup that worry me, and Tex looked way overmatched.

Verlander 94-95 right from the start. He adjusted late in year, because hitters had adjusted to his get-me-over 91-92 early in games.
d.knobler

9 pitch opening inning for Verlander, who basically alternates fastballs and changeups to retire the top of the Yankees lineup in order.

Nice first inning.

Tex, Cano, and Grandy are the only ones in this lineup that worry me, and Tex looked way overmatched.

If Verlander keeps getting that low outside corner called against the lefties they won't be able to get to him.

Tigers hitting 1st inning,

Jackson first pitch swinging grounder to third,

look for righthanded Tigers batters get jammed,

Berry fastball strike call, another belt high fouled back, changeup low, high fastball is lined to center for a single, Berry made an adjustment on high fastball,

Cabrera 9 for 20 with 4 hr's fastball outside, slider low and away, fastball down the middle, throw to first, fly to right center,

Fielder waits throw to first, again, fastball inside, changeup low, fastball strike call, fouled back, slider down and in full count, Berry running slider inside walk,

Young slider low and away, fastball strike call on/off the corner, fly to right,

2 runners lob,

hughes 18 pitches,

With that first inning the Tigers starting rotation broke the postseason scoreless streak. Streak is at 30 2/3 innings now.

Last edited:
Verlander pitching 2nd inning,

cano fastball strike call, grounder to Peralta throws to Fielder,

ibanez fastball strike call, check swing 3rd base ump says no, fastball outside, changeup fouled back, fastball fouled back, changeup tapped foul, f'n ass, curve low full count, fastball grounde to Peralta throws to Fielder,

martin pop foul and Avila jumps into the camera well and has it, nice play Alex,

Verlander with 21 pitches,

Back