Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALCS Game Thread 3 Oct. 16

I was waiting on the ump to call Delmon safe at 2nd so that he would then give the Yankee's another reason to bitch and complain that they would have won this game IF.... lmao

Tigers hitting 5th inning,

Berry fastball outside, fastball fouled back, curve in the dirt, Berry waits and now steps out, fastball fouled back, all 88-89, groudner to third and can't glove it E5,

Cabrera throw to first, again, Berry off and running pitch low and Berry steals second, fastball swings and misses, fastball low, fastball fouled back, line drive to center and it's over granderson's head and it's to the wall for an rbi double Berry scores,

Tigers lead 2 - 0,

Wow,

phelps gone and new pitcher rapada,

Fielder sidearm strike call, swings and misses, fouled back, check swing ump says no, grounder to short,

1 out,

Young gets an IBB,

Dirks grounder up the middle diving stop and flip to second for a force Cabrera to third,

2 outs,

new pitcher rapada out new pitcher eppley,

Peralta fastball inside, fly to shallow center,

2 lob risp 1 for 7,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

According to Sportscenter

"Miguel Cabrera's 2B extended his League Championship Series hitting streak to 16 games. Elias says that's the longest LCS streak ever."

According to Sportscenter

"Miguel Cabrera's 2B extended his League Championship Series hitting streak to 16 games. Elias says that's the longest LCS streak ever."

I think the kid has a good future in this league.

Verlander pitching 6th inning,

granderson fastball outside? outside again, guess it's squeeze time, fastball high, fastball strike call, fastball popped up to Cabrera foul ground wind swirling and Miggy has it,

nunez fastball fouled back off Avila's mask, ground foul, changeup inside, fastball grounder to Fielder runs to first,

gardner fastball low, fastball strike call, curve inside, back to JV gloves and drops it picks it up and fires to Prince,

Verlander with 81 pitches,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

Yankee spirits have to be just crushed. Down 2 games to none, losing 2-0, only managing 1 slap single against Verlander.

Mentally they have already been swept.

just got back from the bar....craziest moment of the game....pitching to fielder and intentionally walking delmon....lol.

I really don't know what scares me more the extension were going to be signing Verlander to or the one Cabrera will get with us lmao.

Last edited:
just got back from the bar....craziest moment of the game....pitching to fielder and intentionally walking delmon....lol.

cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif

I really don't know what scares me more the extension were going to be signing Verlander to or the one Cabrera will get with us lmao.

They're going to be big with a 200 million guy already on the team it'll be hard to ask for a discount.

You just can't pitch to the greatest post season player in Tiger history...you're tempting your fate. :)

They're going to be big with a 200 million guy already on the team it'll be hard to ask for a discount.

I shouldn't say this because this is what dumb fans think right before the guy signs elsewhere...but I can't see either guy leaving for another team.

Back