Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALCS Game Thread Oct. 14

Tigers pitching continues to amaze - w/ 7IP/0ER from Sanchez (3H, 3BB/7K), Tiger's starters have given up just 5ER in 48IP this postseason.

Tigers can set a post season record for scoreless innings by the starters if JV has a clean 1st inning Tuesday. 74 A's went 30 and 1/3...we're at 29 2/3.

Best comment ever to Girardi in the postgame presser. After Girardi was talking about the Infante being safe play. Someone said....."I understand your frustration with the call and I think you are right, But you didn't score any runs..."

That's pretty much what Eckersley's been saying for the past 15 minutes. You didn't score, so it doesn't matter.

Tigers starters have not allowed an earned run since the 5th inning of game 3 vs. Oakland.

29 2/3 innings....the postseason record is 30 1/3 by the 1974 A's.

with JV going tomorrow, i really like our chances to win this in 4 or 5. fatass is starting 4 so that game is iffy imo.

482968_519774648051039_1686485456_n.jpg

Some things will NEVER change. All of this post game coverage. All about what is wrong with the Yankees and not about what Det is doing right.

Just a great win! I knew Coke would have o step up this series, surprised he did though.

Love the whining from the Yanks it takes their focus off what they need to improve.

Go Tigers!!!!

Verlander at home since 2009 including playoffs:

43-10 Record
2.07 ERA
0.97 WHIP
492/127 k/BB Ratio

I really hope we destroy the Yankees on Tuesday by a score of around 12-0

If only to shut Yankee fans up about the umps

Some things will NEVER change. All of this post game coverage. All about what is wrong with the Yankees and not about what Det is doing right.

it was like that during the 04 finals with the pistons/lakers as well. Detroit isn't on the map like LA/NY despite it being a great sports town...only in hindsight have people looked back at the 04 pistons as a reference point for what great team chemistry and amazing defense can do to trump the lack of star power.

Back