Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 3 Thread Oct. 3

What a great game tonight. The ump was squeezing both starting pitchers all night, and the would-be strike three splitter against Jeter in the 9th was just brutal. Oh well, it didn't cost us in the end. Lets end the series tomorrow. Need at least 6 innings out of Ricky and we can ride the bullpen to the ALCS, go Tigers!!!!!

Great win for the Tigers!!

One to go, like 06, and its buh-bye Yanks.
Hope that's how it turns out, we need to avoid a.game 5 in NY.

Edit: Couldn't watch the remainder of the game and post in the thread @ home on my PC, b/c my eventual ex-spouse and I don't get along @ all anymore, and due to my fixed income I just can't leave her, yet...but I caught the rest of it on the radio in my truck. Making me miss a part of the Tigers' postseason is just adding a lot more fuel to the fire, but revenge is a dish best served cold.

Go Tigers!!

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Ron, give me a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

In my best Ric Flair impersonation;
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, that was a sick fucking game. JV was insane. Got totally squeezed, but persevered and won.

JV showed the whole world how sick he is tonight. Close it out tomorrow.

I think I lost my voice and I have a presentation to give at work tomorrow.

Delmon Young did Not hit a homerun to rightfield during the regular season, now he has two in the ALDS.

He gives 2 in the 7th, comes back in the 8th and goes 120 pitches. Awesome.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Delmon Young did Not hit a homerun to rightfield during the regular season, now he has two in the ALDS.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spockmaster said:
i despise ESPN, their ENTIRE game recap is about the yankees losing.

Spock, don't let them ruin our Tigers win for you. It is what they do best, just like last wednesday how the redsox lost instead of how the orioles beat them. espn = eastern seabord personal network.
you can't expect anything else from pigs but grunts.
Tigers win.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
Spockmaster said:
i despise ESPN, their ENTIRE game recap is about the yankees losing.

Spock, don't let them ruin our Tigers win for you. It is what they do best, just like last wednesday how the redsox lost instead of how the orioles beat them. espn = eastern seabord personal network.
you can't expect anything else from pigs but grunts.
Tigers win.
yep, im reading the mlb.com recap now. much better.

Porcello v. Burnett tomorrow to close it out. Hopefully the August/September version of Burnett shows up...Porcello probably gives up his share of runs but Burnett is garbage. The Tigers will be hanging all over him like a weeks wash.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Valverde gets swisher to foul out to Inge,

posposada 3 and 2, f a walk,

throw f'ing strikes, or get a double play,

pinch runner nunez,

martin flys to the warning track and Kelly has it,

1 more f'n out,

none of that letting the runner steal second on indifference either,

f'n gardner, f'n prick nunez steals on a close play at second, 2 and 0 to ff, come on Valverde, f'n squeezed ball 2 and ball 3 from gameday again this f'n ump, another f'n walk,

f'n jeter now, get a ground ball to short, that works fouled back, Coke warming up, fastball strike call, oh geezus mercy Avila saved a wild pitch and it almost drilled jeter, Fuck you ump, FU, gameday showed a strike, ump blows dead goats, gets him swinging,

Tigers win 5 - 4,
Verlander wins,
Valverde saves,
TigersVictoryCigar after some oxygen.

Maybe your best update ever

What a great game. That stadium was absolutely electric... Then the game started and just like that the Tigers were down 2 and you could here a pin drop. Perked up quite a bit as the game went on as you could just feel that the Tigers were gonna get to CC sooner or later. Hopefully we see the good Porcello tonight, gonna need it, that lineup is tough.

Today it might be high scoring and then again they'll probably surprise us and pitch to a 1-0 game. Porcello with the win :)

Back