Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trey Burke announcement Sunday

wheels002

I think we all know he is leaving. In 2 years he gave us a B10 championship, Final 4, and almost a National Championship. As a fan I wish he woudl stay but I understand why he will be leaving. I just hope the rest stay. Give us one more year Mitch and GR3.

It'll be sad to see him go, he's brought this program back to heights I think I would never see again in my lifetime.

28484564.jpg

It'll be sad to see him go, he's brought this program back to heights I think I would never see again in my lifetime.

I'm a little sad now that I didn't go to the Wooden ceremony last night.

But I only got the invite from the local Alumni Club the day before (along with the invitation, of course, to pay a buck and a half to attend, and another buck and a half for my wife to go too; there was a meal involved I guess, although banquet food is usually shit) and I just decided I really didn't wanna screw with juggling my schedule and my wife's schedule at the last minute, and mess with the godawful traffic across the Valley, through Hollywood and into downtown on a Friday at rush hour.

Anyway, we had already planned on a weekend getaway to San Diego before I got the invite.

Besides that he's leaving.

So fuck him and his god damned Wooden Trophy.

All I know is I will be anxious till all this is done and we know. I would hate to see our team gutted just as we get good. I do think it would be better for their long term careers for players to stay, A 1st rd NBA contract is only guaranteed for 2 years. After that the team has the option. I just think kids leave to early and their game isnt developed enough to handle the league. Add to that the fact that unless you are a top 10 pick you dont really make much after you pay taxes and your agent.

ML is right. Assessments are received on Monday. The players have until the end of April 16 to withdraw from the NBA draft if they want to stay in college. They can still declare for the draft up until the end of April 28.

yahoo says "burke to go pro soucres say". mind blowing news lol. why dont they just wait for the announcement instead of posting speculation that everyone already knows?

yahoo says "burke to go pro soucres say". mind blowing news lol. why dont they just wait for the announcement instead of posting speculation that everyone already knows?

I agree but this happens all the time. Recruits decisions are known in advance as is retirements and such. It sucks because they should let the player have his moment but its the day we live in. I wish Trey well and really have respect what he did for us.

Didn't you guys think Lewan was going pro too ? Kind of see some similarities here. Lewan held his own conference, just like Burke is. Maybe he is staying. Probably not, but hell, you never know. Haven't heard a word on anyone else, Spartan or wolverine. Any word on the others ? WOuld like to see all of them come back. We would both, for sure UM, be pre season top 5 if that happens. Cross fingers.

I think it was clear he was 90% gone last year and we got lucky his family finally knocked some sense into him to stay. So this year he had an even better year and almost won the whole thing. I think he could benefit from coming back but that can be said for every kid that declares early.

of course we would love for him to come back but given this year, i think he goes

however, he has deflected the questions saying he wanted to talk to family and coaches so there is this like 2% chance of his staying

I would love for him to stay one more year as that would truly help our chances of a repeat Final Four run, but to do what is best for him is probably going pro. The odds of his stock increasing after another year of college are small, and honestly it leaves the chances of the NBA finding more flaws in his game.

Good luck Trey. Wish he would stay, but I am sure he is gone, but you never know until the announcement. I hope he will have a great NBA career. The others, need more time to develop their game.

Trey Burke needs to go to the NBA and he is. His stock won't be higher, and we will be OK without him. Kids seeing Trey Burke get drafted in the lottery to the NBA will be good for our program. Walton will be able to fill in, and Irvin looks pretty good too.

Back