Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Urban Meyer finally stops lying to everyone

On-air boofs like these Herbie and Ilk just need some hot coach nuts to gobble and they are not particularly particular about how low they hang. It's an insatiable appetite kind of thing.

Heh, I'm seeing some Suckeye fans not happy with the decision to bring him on. They're rare, but they're out there. One on ESPNU on FB even said "He is a very overrated coach. No one wanted him that's why he is on tv. The bucks made bad decision. He will get them lots of violations just another pete carroll"

I know quite a few Ohio* fans who don't want him, don't think he's some great coach and would prefer someone less egocentric.

TheVictors03 said:
I know quite a few Ohio* fans who don't want him, don't think he's some great coach and would prefer someone less egocentric.
you could also say that this way: "I know quite a few of the more intelligent ohio* fans."

silverbullet97 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]0-3 vs Michigan and zero recruiting ties in the state of Ohio. Sure we'll take all of you're pro style players. You can take the slot ninjas and Fl boys you want.. This sounds familiar...
Zero recruiting ties to the State of Ohio?

Urban Meyer and Ohio:
Grew up in Ohio
Played DB at Cincinatti
Coached a season at St. X in Cincy (High School)
Assistant for two seasons at Ohio State
Head Coach two years at Bowling Green

He was also an assistant for four seasons at Notre Dame which has historically recruited the Cincy area.

Plus it appears Fickell, who was a primary recruiter under Tressel, will remain on staff in some capacity. I don't think Ohio ties are going to be a problem which is funny because Urban Meyer was not my first choice.

He hasn't recruited Ohio in almost 10 years. Thats more of what I was going for. Hoke has a better relationship at this point with Ohio HS coaches than Urban.

I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I wouldn't love to have Urban Meyer at Michigan when they needed a coach. Sure I'm hoping he'll fail miserably but you can't tell me you honestly think he won't get kids and win. he may not bring the 5 championships that OSU fans seem to be chalking up but he can make them a consistent threat for one imo.

The thing that I hate is that in ALL of his contracts in no order Michigan, Notre Dame and Ohio* were in it. At least that's what it said in his book "Urban's Way" by Buddy Ryan which I read. He told his wife Florida was his last stop unless these schools came calling. Trying to say Ohio* is his "dream job" Fuck em.

Beez said:
I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I wouldn't love to have Urban Meyer at Michigan when they needed a coach. Sure I'm hoping he'll fail miserably but you can't tell me you honestly think he won't get kids and win. he may not bring the 5 championships that OSU fans seem to be chalking up but he can make them a consistent threat for one imo.

I think he'll be John L smith part III or RIchRod part II

His offense wont work in the cold, his DC is at Michigan, he'll be recruiting spread guys while michigan is recruiting power guys, and there's no way he'll do better than Tressell* did.

I really hope he's RichRod 2.0. That would make me giddy with excitement. Bwhahahaha.

silverbullet97 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]0-3 vs Michigan and zero recruiting ties in the state of Ohio. Sure we'll take all of you're pro style players. You can take the slot ninjas and Fl boys you want.. This sounds familiar...

Urban Meyer and Ohio:
Grew up in Ohio
Played DB at Cincinatti

He was also an assistant for four seasons at Notre Dame which has historically recruited the Cincy area.

Plus it appears Fickell, who was a primary recruiter under Tressel, will remain on staff in some capacity. I don't think Ohio ties are going to be a problem which is funny because Urban Meyer was not my first choice.

I like how you puffed out your chest LOL.

Press conference is at five I believe I'm just watching to see if he says anything about Michigan.

Well the guy from Upper Arlington who told me two weeks ago Meyer was a done deal for 7yrs @ $35-$40M was right.

And he sent me a text right after the game, congratulating M.

Hungry said:
Beez said:

I think he'll be John L smith part III or RIchRod part II

His offense wont work in the cold, his DC is at Michigan, he'll be recruiting spread guys while michigan is recruiting power guys, and there's no way he'll do better than Tressell* did.

Quite possible but I'm definitely not going to pretend I'm happy he's coaching there because it means UM success. I'll just wait n see on this one.

" It is a great hire for two reasons... the best talent in the country wants to play for him and the wall around ohio just went back up good luck Hoke"

Dumbasses. Hoke isn't scared and neither are our guys.

damn, yeah, I forgot he coached w/Mattison at Florida.

Wonder if he's going to try to hire him away again at some point?

josh200612 said:
silverbullet97 said:

Urban Meyer and Ohio:
Grew up in Ohio
Played DB at Cincinatti

Well guess how many recruits he's pulled from ohio since Bowling Green.... ZEEEEERO

Now he has to go back and shake HS coach's hands and kiss ugly Ohio babies to regain his "stomping ground"... It's Hoke land now.

josh200612 said:
silverbullet97 said:

Urban Meyer and Ohio:
Grew up in Ohio
Played DB at Cincinatti

Puffed out my chest? I refuted a statement and presented a case consisting of easily verifiable facts as to why I think someone is incorrect. care to explain how I puffed out my chest? Heck I even admitted that Urban was never my first choice.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
silverbullet97 said:

Urban Meyer and Ohio:
Grew up in Ohio
Played DB at Cincinatti

He hasn't recruited Ohio in almost 10 years. Thats more of what I was going for. Hoke has a better relationship at this point with Ohio HS coaches than Urban.
Possibly, but it looks like Luke is staying on the staff which means we still have coaching ties with all of the Ohio programs.

Edit: Meyer just confirmed that Luke is staying on.

TheVictors03 said:
My reservations are centered around longevity issues.

I doubt Meyer will be a long term hire and that makes me nervous about who will be next. A lot will depend on who his assistants will be. I am also leery of all the arrested players at Florida.

Back