Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Week 8 Score Prediction Thread vs. MSU

Michchamp

Saturday 10/26/24 @ 7:30 PM ET in Ann Arbor MI, MICHIGAN hosts MICHIGAN STATE.

Line: UM -5 o/u: 39
Sagarin predictor: 7 pt UM win

Every UM coach going back to Bo has lost his first game against MSU. That's six (Bo, Moeller, Carr, Rodriguez, Hoke, and Harbaugh). It took a spectacular reversal of fortune for Harbaugh to lose that game though.

However, we are 3-0 vs. MSU in games I've attended and I will be there, so we'll see.

doing this from my phone at the airport... so that's it from me. no pics or colors or shit this week.

So go ahead and make your picks, and post some analysis if you so choose, but as always leave the woofing and barking for other threads!

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, SportsLine’s monte carlo simulator has uofm covering 3.5 pts in over 70% of simulations (10,000 total).

Not sure why it’s using 3.5 - don’t think the line has moved that much.

Last edited:
Rumors coming from "sources inside the program" say Davis Warren is expected to start.

I don't know what to expect... but I'll say...

UM......17
MSU...13

maybe one of the ugliest games in the series. I could also see this as a big win for us, if our defense plays like they should. Or I could see MSU getting a comfortable win (but not a blowout).

31-10 MSU

After seeing how good Tuttle was last year and coming in vs Washington, my prediction of him saving the season was quickly shat on. Unless we run for 300+ yards, I dont see a win.

Back