Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What a stupid call on 4th and 1 inch

Im an MSU fan, but you guys should have gone for the FG. I mean cmon you would have only been down 4 with at least another drive in you.

Hungry said:
Jever4321 said:
If it went for a TD it would have been brilliant.

well, it didn't and I still would've siad that the dive is the right playcall there.

definitely.

this was the bad call that cost us the game. state has a good defense, but they're a buncha thugs, and the PFs kept us in it.

get a 1st down there, score, and it's tied. No pick 6 after that.

suh said:
Im an MSU fan, but you guys should have gone for the FG. I mean cmon you would have only been down 4 with at least another drive in you.
Yeah but our kicker is fecal.. Another thing dickrod fucked us over on..

The O was a mystery to me today. What were they doing with putting Gardner in and taking DR out? I didn't get it. What was that about? And they kept doing it all game. Why? I'd really like to hear what the thinking was on that. If it was accomplishing something I could understand it, but it didn't seem to accomplish anything. Gardner is still playing like a freshman QB. I mean running across the line and then passing. Bonehead!

The D played pretty well in the second half. The D and sparty's stupid penalities kept us in the game. Still had a chance right up until that pic 6. I think this loss is on the O and the poor play calling.

rumseyhouse77 said:
The O was a mystery to me today. What were they doing with putting Gardner in and taking DR out? I didn't get it. What was that about? And they kept doing it all game. Why? I'd really like to hear what the thinking was on that. If it was accomplishing something I could understand it, but it didn't seem to accomplish anything. Gardner is still playing like a freshman QB. I mean running across the line and then passing. Bonehead!

The D played pretty well in the second half. The D and sparty's stupid penalities kept us in the game. Still had a chance right up until that pic 6. I think this loss is on the O and the poor play calling.

Maybe the idea was to give Devin Gardner the opportunity to get the two stupidest plays of his college career over and done with.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
rumseyhouse77 said:

Maybe the idea was to give Devin Gardner the opportunity to get the two stupidest plays of his college career over and done with.
LOL, yeah, let's hope so in the long range view.

agreed, terrible call. I get it and Urban Meyer explained it, but still that's not the right time to call that stuff. Fitz had the first down easily as would have dRob.

TheVictors03 said:
agreed, terrible call. I get it and Urban Meyer explained it, but still that's not the right time to call that stuff. Fitz had the first down easily as would have dRob.

Maybe the coaches were trying to replicate the historic fourth and short TD pass against the hated Irish that contributed to Desmond Howard's Heisman.

The thing is - D Rob is definitely electrifying - but he don't have (as my Merril MI kin would say) the presence of mind in the pocket as, say Elvis Grbac - a true NFL calibur (though farely short lived) passing QB.

And he don't have no Desmond Howard to throw to, neither.

Jever4321 said:
Deanrd throws ducks. IDK, Maybe that has something to do with it.

and Devin can't read defenses, he was throwing the wrong receiver every time he was asked to throw

switching qb's in and out was stupid!

Hungry said:
Jever4321 said:
Deanrd throws ducks. IDK, Maybe that has something to do with it.

and Devin can't read defenses, he was throwing the wrong receiver every time he was asked to throw

switching qb's in and out was stupid!
They are both getting a D- for their primary responsibility as QB.

Even if it went for a TD it was still a dip-shit call.. No other coordinator calls that with a struggling QB who runs better then he throws.. MSU splits were enough on that play he could have fallen forward and got the first down.. That play had fail written on it the moment Robinson snapped ball and still did not understand MSU was blitzing for the 1000th time...

Yep Bob.

Denard isn't really a quarterback.

He's an incredible athlete lined up in the QB position with really not much of an idea how to read the defense.

MSU's defense is better than UM's defense right now. Cousins struggled today as bad as Denard did.

So frustrating because it was the zillionth time in MSU territory for the day and just a flat out terrible call. Bo would have yelled at his offensive Coordinator for calling a play like that.. I am getting madder by the minute of this game...

Back