Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What a stupid call on 4th and 1 inch

I still can't believe what I saw. 4th and a motherfucking inch, and he has his quarterback take the snap and turn his back to the line. Its a hanging offense.

That play cost us the game. They should of challenge the spot of the ball on the catch on 3rd down.

icepick1982 said:
That play cost us the game. They should of challenge the spot of the ball on the catch on 3rd down.

Agree! They had the challenge why not use it?

icepick1982 said:

Yes. I do think Roundtree caught the ball in front of the first down marker and was knocked backward and that it was a bad spot

that being said, sneak the QB and get the first down.

Looked like Gallon had the first. All DR had to do there was sneak the ball. Toussiant would also have made the yardage. I anticipate the explanation from Hoke or Borges of that play call.

smayschmouthfootball said:
Looked like Gallon had the first. All DR had to do there was sneak the ball. Toussiant would also have made the yardage. I anticipate the explanation from Hoke or Borges of that play call.

I guess i don't know who the receiver was...I thought it was Roundtree...other than that, I agree. MSU was bringing it from the outside on 4th and an inch...any inside run play would've gotten the first down. What play do you normally run on 4th and an inch? An inside run play. Instead they get all cutesy. The D gave them the ball with the oppurtunity to tie it and have the wind for the rest of the game...that one o playcall, ruined the entire fucking game.

Denard does not have the presence of mind in the pocket to be put in that position.

Plus he doesn't have Desmond Howard to hurl the ball downfield to.

Al Borges really surprised me this game. How do you not burn the D on all those blitz'? And how does Denard and the O-Line get so easily rattled? Toughness was lacking in this game. And that Hungry is why I said I hate Rich Rodriguez. He started this fukking tailspin against these losers.

The call was a bad one. MSU was blitzing the living shit out of Michigan and there looked to be a crease that DRob could have just leaned forward for to gain a 1st down. I also didn't understand the Gardner package minus DRob on field. Doing that keeps the defense's attention on Denard and especially since Michigan was throwing everytime Gardner was in, that's making it easy for MSU.

rumseyhouse77 said:
icepick1982 said:

They didn't use the challenge because Hoke doesn't wear a headset. So even if everyone with a view of a replay sees that the call on the field was wrong, they can't get the message down to the head coach.

Jever4321 said:
Hoke was wearing one today.

No he wasn't.

He puts one on at rare times when he needs to communicate up top. He doesn't "wear one" in the traditional sense that a head coach listens in on what's going on.

He didn't have one when MSU's lateral was called an incomplete pass (and screw that ruling that there wasn't an immediate recovery), he wasn't wearing one when a 3rd down completion was called short of a first down, and he wasn't wearing one as Borges consisently called the same shit over and over again.

Again, I love Brady Hoke. I love Greg Mattison. Al Borges is clearly the weak link, and Hoke needs to do more as a HC to make sure his OC doesn't continually shit himself as we saw today.

Jever4321 said:
If it went for a TD it would have been brilliant.

well, it didn't and I still would've siad that the dive is the right playcall there.

bamf16 said:
rumseyhouse77 said:

They didn't use the challenge because Hoke doesn't wear a headset. So even if everyone with a view of a replay sees that the call on the field was wrong, they can't get the message down to the head coach.

that's not true. There are people on the sideline with headsets, one just needs to get Hoke's attention.

Back