Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

WHEN we beat the buckeyes

I said the BCS is a mess, I just think it would be retarded if it went that way. The whole sport is run by opinions which makes it that way. I was just pointing out why I think it is garbage.

You have to be top 14 in the BCS to get an at large bid. If MSU loses in the B10 title game that would give them 3 loses and would drop them below that. Add to that fact we have a bigger name and fan base. Sparty will either play in the Rose Bowl or Cap 1 again.

alonzomoseley said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

You can't jinx a game until it starts. Proven fact. ;)
Scares the living crap out of me. Counting chickens and all.

just showing some optimism. i've been told that i've been pessimistic most of the year. not convinced that it's an easy game or that we'll even win, but I do like our chances.

The Big East doesn't deserve an auto bid in a bcs game.. At least next year they won't get one.. And I'll bet West Virginia doesn't make it. They're in a 4 place tie and will blow it against Pitt or USF.

LOL... The Loser of the Big Ten Championship game with have 3 losses... That team whoever it is is not going to a BCS game... Weird how people miss that... There will be so may better teams to pick from then a 9-3 Wisconsin or MSU team... weird system but this is what we get in thew Shitty BCS system.... Man I wish we had a playoff system..

Yeah and I agree... Nice jinx thread starter... Can we beat the Cheaters in Columbus first...

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]The Big East doesn't deserve an auto bid in a bcs game.. At least next year they won't get one.. And I'll bet West Virginia doesn't make it. They're in a 4 place tie and will blow it against Pitt or USF.

They beat louie and cinci so rutgers is the only problem. But they probably will fuck up.

JScottWriter said:
How would Michigan get a BCS bid? If 2 B1G teams went wouldn't it be MSU and the Wisc/Penn St. winner? I guess the loser of the B1G Championship game would have 3 losses, but how do you punish a team for playing in that game and rewarding a team that didn't play for it?

Simple.

Sparty sucks.

That's how.

A BCS Bowl Game?

Fucking seriously?

Michigan beats Ohio* and gets into a BCS Bowl Game?

Fucking really?

Seriously?

It's like...well....it's like...

It's like when fucking Lloyd was the Coach...some trippy, Twilight Zone Science Fiction shit like that.

Seriously.

Really.

Seriously.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Yeah and I agree... Nice jinx thread starter... Can we beat the Cheaters in Columbus first...

grin.png

i don't believe in jinxes before gameday.

Everyone still remembers Oklahoma going to the NC and losing after having lost the B12 Championship game, right? BCS...Bull Crap System where nothing is logical. If LSU loses the SEC Championship game, they'll probably still play in the NC...just cuz that's how screwed up it has always been and will continue to be until they finally have a true playoff system in place. That's where the conference restructuring has been leading in case no one has picked up on it yet. PAC, B1G, SEC, and a 4th yet to be determined. Hopefully I'll still be alive to see it happen someday as people are clamouring they don't want the B1G to increase in size anymore. Need to get to at least 16 teams per conference for the playoff system to potentially have a chance. Bring in Texas, Oklahoma, OK St, and Iowa St for a Western / Legends Division and move UM and MSU into Eastern / Leaders, with probable swap of Wisky and Northwestern to keep geography of divisions in place and have both Illinois schools in same division.

Oh, sorry, as for OP...give me Bama. I'd love to see us beat them in a bowl game this year and then again at the start of next year by an even greater margin to showcase how UM is back to being a top 5 program. Bama is vulnerable and feels ripe for the picking.

JScottWriter said:
How would Michigan get a BCS bid? If 2 B1G teams went wouldn't it be MSU and the Wisc/Penn St. winner? I guess the loser of the B1G Championship game would have 3 losses, but how do you punish a team for playing in that game and rewarding a team that didn't play for it?

When we beat OSU next week and if MSU loses to either Penn State in the Big Ten Championship or Northwestern, we would end up ranked higher and receive a BCS bid over MSU. No 3 loss team will earn a BCS bid over a 10-2 UM team.

bavarianinnman said:
Wouldnt mind seeing a va-tech vs um game if we got a bcs bid

If we beat Ohio next week, we would likely go to the sugar bowl. The sec is likely sending two teams to the championship, so the sugar bowl gets the first two at large choices. Michigan would be one, and the other would be likely Stanford or Oklahoma state if they lose to Oklahoma.

Back