Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Worst thing about being 6-0

not so fast my friend
500x_custom_1277935556721_leecorso.jpg

Michigan is guaranteed 13 games at this point.

wow, a rare instance of M&B completely ruining someone.

nice use of Corso there too.

Bowl games are exhibitions. There are 12 games on the schedule until M is given and accepts a Bowl bid. Invariably, this will be the case but for all the months and anticipation for the season, it's now (quickly) half over.....

Better than being 2-4 of course!

Well, I look at the football season, and I think most Michigan fans would agree, as being from that first saturday in September until January 1st...You can say all of the bowl games are exhibition games except the NC if you want to, but you could also say that all games are exhibitions...

TheVictors03 said:
Bowl games are exhibitions. There are 12 games on the schedule until M is given and accepts a Bowl bid. Invariably, this will be the case but for all the months and anticipation for the season, it's now (quickly) half over.....

Better than being 2-4 of course!

I do not agree. As commonly used, the term "season" denotes the entire regular schedule and the bowl game. If you said "we had a great season" it would be understood to include the Bowl game.

You should revise the OP to specify "...the regular season is half way over."

I snickered the other day when I looked at the ohio* schedule and the B1G championship game IS on their schedule. Yeah... Not so much.

No. The season is a 12-game season with 12 scheduled games. If a team is good enough and invited, they may play a 13th game (in Michigan's case, because schedules vary) in a Bowl. The season is half way over, with half of all scheduled games having been played.

When the baseball All-Star break rolls around in July you don't say there are 81 games left, plus another 19 possibly, therefore there are 100 games to go! No, you don't.

And no, the regular season schedule for college football is hardly 'an exhibition' -- all the games count for this magical, possible 13th game as well as conference standing and ranking.

In hindsight, after a season is completed, you clealry include the Bowl game (if applicable) in an analysis or evaluation.

At this point, however, with six games in the books, the season is sadly half over. From a calendar standpoint, and assuming a January bowl game, the season isn't half over until the end of October. Of course that's nonsense because you'd have played 8-9 games of the 12 or 13.

TheVictors03 said:
No. The season is a 12-game season with 12 scheduled games. If a team is good enough and invited, they may play a 13th game (in Michigan's case, because schedules vary) in a Bowl. The season is half way over, with half of all scheduled games having been played.

When the baseball All-Star break rolls around in July you don't say there are 81 games left, plus another 19 possibly, therefore there are 100 games to go! No, you don't.

And no, the regular season schedule for college football is hardly 'an exhibition' -- all the games count for this magical, possible 13th game as well as conference standing and ranking.

In hindsight, after a season is completed, you clealry include the Bowl game (if applicable) in an analysis or evaluation.

At this point, however, with six games in the books, the season is sadly half over. From a calendar standpoint, and assuming a January bowl game, the season isn't half over until the end of October. Of course that's nonsense because you'd have played 8-9 games of the 12 or 13.

The all-star game rarely falls directly after the 81st game in major league baseball.

I think the worst thing about being 6-0 is that it won't continue. At some point this team will lose and I'll be damn disappointed.

Seriously can't believe you guys are argueing over this.

But id count a bowl game as part of the season. Would you say that oregon went undefeated last season? I wouldn't.

Michigan is guaranteed to go to a bowl game at this point, so they are guaranteed a 13th game.

To date, they have play 6 of their their 13 games.

Therefore, the season isn't half way over.

Just admit you were wrong, or continue to argue otherwise and make a fool of yourself. I'm fine with either option.

Yep clearly halftime of the MSU game the season is half over. Big difference. The season is only46.675% over

Jever4321 said:
Yep clearly halftime of the MSU game the season is half over. Big difference. The season is only46.675% over

What if UM goes into overtime?

I don't know how we will figure this, I may not sleep till Sunday worrying about this! ;)

lostleader said:
Jever4321 said:

What if UM goes into overtime?

I don't know how we will figure this, I may not sleep till Sunday worrying about this! ;)
Good point. Hmmmm.

Michigan is NOT "guaranteed" a Bowl game at all ....winning six games gets you 'Bowl eligible' and you can say that with 6 wins Michigan is extremely likely to get a Bowl, but that's irrelevant to the point. Good God people, only MC had a decent reply ---- to amend the OP to say 'Regular' season. In that Lawyer-ly way he is right.

But there is no guaranteed '13th game' at the outset of the season or at this point for that matter.

Frankly, I was expecting someone to post something like, "No ....the season isn't half over, it's got a full half to go!!"

That's a reply I would have respected and expected .... Because LITERALLY, at this point, the season is half over and that makes me sad ....it's the worst part of being 6-0, by far!

TheVictors03 said:
Michigan is NOT "guaranteed" a Bowl game at all ....winning six games gets you 'Bowl eligible' and you can say that with 6 wins Michigan is extremely likely to get a Bowl, but that's irrelevant to the point. Good God people, only MC had a decent reply ---- to amend the OP to say 'Regular' season. In that Lawyer-ly way he is right.

But there is no guaranteed '13th game' at the outset of the season or at this point for that matter.

Frankly, I was expecting someone to post something like, "No ....the season isn't half over, it's got a full half to go!!"

That's a reply I would have respected and expected .... Because LITERALLY, at this point, the season is half over and that makes me sad ....it's the worst part of being 6-0, by far!
I'm sorry we didn't give you the reply you were looking for. We'll try to do better in the future...

Maize&Cheese304 said:
So you would say oregon had an undefeated season last year?

When they were 6-0 after beating New Mexico, Tennessee, Portland State, ASU, Stanford & Wazzou they sure were. And the team's season was, at that time, half way over.

Just like Michigan's is now ...

Jever4321 said:
TheVictors03 said:

I'm sorry we didn't give you the reply you were looking for. We'll try to do better in the future...

You know it's me, TheVictors03 posting now as dH2dRob ....

So serious, some of you --

Back