Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump wins, but...

Stop being so blind to the Gop obstruction of Obama and they even did it in 2009-10. But even if what you said is true and it was 'Carte Blanche' wtf excuse does the Gop have from 2010-16. Time and time again they obstructed obama and the evidence is clear on this. THE Gop has the keys now. They can appoint any racist piece if crap they want to help President Ryan as he pulls the puppet strings of Trump. A jobs bill will get passed first something the Gop has obstructed for years. Heck some rebulicans like Scott Walker and others want to do away with the filibusters. I don't think most rebulicans will go for it but who knows. He did not have carte Blanche as you say , and don't act like the Gop didn't obstruct. The funny thing is the Gop never gets punished for obstructing and I find that werid.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07...a-supreme-court-nominee-trump-convention.html

http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/republicans-unprecedented-obstructionism-by-numbers

http://cjonline.com/blog-post/lucin...-did-not-control-congress-his-first-two-years

https://ourfuture.org/20140923/the-cost-to-our-economy-from-republican-obstruction-and-sabotage

http://swampland.time.com/2012/08/23/the-party-of-no-new-details-on-the-gop-plot-to-obstruct-obama/

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2010/03/02/republican-obstruction-at-work-record-number-of-filibusters/

You keep bringing this up but in 2009 the Democrats controlled the House and Senate for two years. So now the 'Pubs get 2 years of control. Why is that any different than what Pres. Obama had?

Maybe he's counting all the illegals who voted, lets say 3 million, which would change the popular vote totals..

And we all know if they went by popular vote and the candidates knew this - they would just go to states like CALIFORNIA, NY, and other big states. No more Vermont, or NH etc. So the popular vote could be different.

The old saying, rub some dirt on it.

Between California, Texas, New York, and Florida those 4 are about 1/3 the American population. Trump didn't campaign in New York or California much (if at all) I highly doubt Clinton went to Texas. So by the popular vote these are the 4 states that would stand to elect the President every 4 years.

Honestly I think the popular vote system may hurt more than it would help. Basically we have a popular vote system now, its just contained to each state. You can make a argument either way, but those so called Dead Fucks seemed to create a country out of nothing and its worked out for the most part.

And for the record I don't comment on the political boards much because you all have a tendency to get intense and stuff seems to go haywire and spiral down hill, so I like to read and laugh, especially Tinsel (you fucking crack me up). I don't claim party affiliation, although I seem to line up with more conservative views however have voted liberal on multiple occasions including this year. (I have never voted straight ticket one way or the other)
For those who want a popular vote system I know it sounds good, and maybe it would be, but be careful what you wish for. I think we have other issues to cover first.

Last edited:
...its worked out for the most part.

It has? In the last 16 years, the candidate that had the second most votes has become president twice. I don't call that working. I call it broken. And I'll repeat myself again, I don't care who wins the popular vote. That person should be president - even if it's a Republican every year.

And, yes, I understand changing it would be difficult. That shouldn't stop the conversation.

And for the record, I'm 100% against these protesters that are causing so many problems. Trump is president. Get over it. Should have voted for Hillary if you didn't want him to win. I'm glad your conscience is clear, though, and you voted for Stein/Johnson.

You keep bringing this up but in 2009 the Democrats controlled the House and Senate for two years. So now the 'Pubs get 2 years of control. Why is that any different than what Pres. Obama had?

obama had to get 60 votes to get anything pased back in 2009. So it's a myth t
That Republicans like to use all the time and still dosent explain the next year's of that party of no. Those good old boys hated obama the moment he was elected twice, and now they are being so disrespectful towards him it's not even funny. But again Gop obstruction never seems to hurt them. They have a unqualified liarthey can control and really start to do damage to ordinary people. Real control was about 4 months after Obama was elected so I disagree that he it took 60 votes to get obamacare passed.... whatever gop gets their win. Big tax breaks coming to start the trickle down theory that never works alol...

Last edited:
obama had to get 60 votes to get anything pased back in 2009. So it's a myth t
That Republicans like to use all the time and still dosent explain the next year's of that party of no. Those good old boys hated obama the moment he was elected twice, and now they are being so disrespectful towards him it's not even funny. But again Gop obstruction never seems to hurt them. They have a unqualified liarthey can control and really start to do damage to ordinary people. Real control was about 4 months after Obama was elected so I disagree that he it took 60 votes to get obamacare passed.... whatever gop gets their win. Big tax breaks coming to start the trickle down theory that never works alol...

4 months they had 60. One guy got sick and died and but right now the Repub. don't have 60 so what's your beef?

It has? In the last 16 years, the candidate that had the second most votes has become president. I don't call that working. I call it broken. And I'll repeat myself again, I don't care who wins the popular vote. That person should be president - even if it's a Republican every year.

And, yes, I understand changing it would be difficult. That shouldn't stop the conversation.

No.

It shouldn't stop the conversation at all.

We are an eternally evolving democratic rebublic.

We have achieved fascinating and unimaginable accomplishments in our short history.

It has? In the last 16 years, the candidate that had the second most votes has become president twice. I don't call that working. I call it broken. And I'll repeat myself again, I don't care who wins the popular vote. That person should be president - even if it's a Republican every year.

But you can use this election result and complain about the popular vote. The campaigning from all parties would be different if the election was based solely on the popular vote and not the electoral vote. The outcome may very well be the same, of course it may not.

I think you can agree with that. And I can agree that I don't feel like my vote ever counts for any national or even state election. Local elections it may but no one ever missed my vote for president, senator, or anything else. Maybe if it was a popular vote I would feel different.

Clinton's vote lead increases to 2.3 million lol.. man what a system we have here lol..

Clinton's vote lead increases to 2.3 million lol.. man what a system we have here lol..

Well, as was pointed out in the "Trump: I won the popular vote" thread...that entire margin and more is from California alone, which had by far the most representation in the electoral college - 55 electoral votes.

I had grave misgivings about both candidates as people, but I also have a deep respect for the office of POTUS. The USA has survived many situations, some I would even call worse than what we have now, but I am pretty damn sure the US (merca for all you libtards) will survive this too, just as they would have had HRC won. I had resigned myself to a Clinton presidency as most of the punditry did, and was putting together my "survival" plan already.

NOTE:
"Survival" as in how to flourish, not becoming a survivalist, for anyone that didn't understand how I was using the term.

Very poignant, KAWDUP.

It's about 5 AM EST January 20, 2017; seven hours before the President Elect assumes the Office of the Presidency under the provisions of the Constitution.

I'm about to watch the last half of The Hateful Eight that I started yesterday; I don't feel like going to sleep right now.

I had intended to get up like a normal human being at a normal human hour and watch the inauguration as I almost always do; but I just DVR'd it just in case I decide to sleep through it.

Those days of sleeping late will be coming to an end though.

Just today, I received a communication from a Department of the Federal Government that contained an Oath of Allegiance that I need to sign in the presence of a notary public and return to come out of my quasi-retirement and accept a research position within the Federal Government (not unlike Omarosa Manigault, I too have been in the employ of the Federal Government previously, and will be returning to public service, just like her).

So, ironically and auspiciously, tomorrow I will be swearing my Allegiance to the United States in the capacity of what my services to it are going to be - exactly in the same way that the next president is going to be doing on the same day.

Last edited:
Very poignant, KAWDUP.

It's about 5 AM EST January 20, 2017; seven hours before the President Elect assumes the Office of the Presidency under the provisions of the Constitution.

I'm about to watch the last half of The Hateful Eight that I started yesterday; I don't feel like going to sleep right now.

I had intended to get up like a normal human being at a normal human hour and watch the inauguration as I almost always do; but I just DVR'd it just in case I decide to sleep through it.

Those days of sleeping late will be coming to an end though.

Just today, I received a communication from a Department of the Federal Government that contained an Oath of Allegiance that I need to sign in the presence of a notary public and return to come out of my quasi-retirement and accept a research position within the Federal Government (not unlike Omarosa Manigault, I too have been in the employ of the Federal Government previously, and will be returning to public service, just like her).

So, ironically and auspiciously, tomorrow I will be swearing my Allegiance to the United States in the capacity of what my services to it are going to be - exactly in the same way that the next president is going to be doing on the same day.

I would rather watch you get sworn in...can you put it on Skype or something?

at least his wife and daughter are hot. Better than looking at HRC and her ugly ass daughter!

Back