Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Colin Cowherd : Stafford vs Rodgers

It's nice that we have players that can be good for a few games a year. Lol.

Lions have a great building blocks. Will finish the defense and Oline this offseason

Pass rush helps secondary
Oline helps Stafford and run game. And Abdullah and Riddick back

How about a secondary that can help secondary? Get a good secondary and not worry about another group helping them out. I hope our GM doesn't have that philosophy.

It's so ironic. People were praising how well Zenner was running and it looked like the Lions found a really good diamond in the rough. And now he's a bum.

Flip, flop.

Lions have a good secondary. They have no pass rush

Isn't the "good" secondary suppose to help the pass rush? You're so full of shit. Lol.

You keep telling yourself so many half truths and innuendos I think you forgot what's reality and what isn't.

Isn't the "good" secondary suppose to help the pass rush? You're so full of shit. Lol.

You keep telling yourself so many half truths and innuendos I think you forgot what's reality and what isn't.

The secondary does help the pass rush. Slay, Lawson, Quin, Wilson, Killebrew all play well. Safeties 2nd in the league in ints. Many tackles short of sticks by Lions secondary this year. Lawson low YAC. Slay a shut down CB. Quin a very good safety.

A lot of the coverage issues was LBs not secondary. A lot of that had to do with injury. But Levy can get healthy and Whitehead can play better. Or add a young athletic LB.

The pass rush was bad. No secondary could withstand that lack of pass rush

Huh? Lol.

The secondary held long. The pass rush was helped. The pass rush couldn't get it done still.

Coverage issues were caused by
1) pass rush issues
2) LB coverage
3) Slay and Diggs injuries
4) some scheme allowing underneath stuff

The secondary held long. The pass rush was helped. The pass rush couldn't get it done still.

Coverage issues were caused by
1) pass rush issues
2) LB coverage
3) Slay and Diggs injuries
4) some scheme allowing underneath stuff

So basically we stink? It's okay you can admit it. Just click your shoes together and say it "'we stink' 'we stink' 'we stink'"

Last edited:
So basically we stink? It's okay you can admit it. Just click your shoes together and say it 'we stink' 'we stink' 'we stink'"

2 of the 4 Dline stunk. 2 starters (DE,NT) and 2 backups (Hyder and Robinson) are good.

LBs had injury problems (and DT /closed end in front of them problems). CB had injury problems late.

No we don't stink. Injuries, multiple at LB and CB. But they do need to upgrade one DT and closed end.

Add JPP and Kawan Short and win the next 3 Super Bowls or more.

Slay, Levy, Ansah, Stafford, Abdullah, Riddick, Swanson, Reiff. That tops any team EVER

You do know Matt still played, like others of those listed. Unlike AP, Watt, and a ton more.

Levy again, lol.

You do know Matt still played, like others of those listed. Unlike AP, Watt, and a ton more.

Levy again, lol.

Stafford playing hurtwas bigger than Watt missing the entire year. Peterson was garbage early and so was the Vikings oline.

Stafford hurt the last five games was bigger than Watt and Peterson combined really. Bigger than Shields(other DBs some) and Lacy for Green Bay combined. Bigger than all the Cowboys and Giants and Seahawks and Falcons injuries combined.

LKP is right about one thing...the Lions running game sucks. AR would be the Lions leading rusher in 2016 with 367 yards.

Stafford playing hurtwas bigger than Watt missing the entire year. Peterson was garbage early and so was the Vikings oline.

Stafford hurt the last five games was bigger than Watt and Peterson combined really. Bigger than Shields(other DBs some) and Lacy for Green Bay combined. Bigger than all the Cowboys and Giants and Seahawks and Falcons injuries combined.

Please, I beg you, take the blue pill.

This must be the dumbest thing I've heard you say. Granted you have a lot of close seconds.

Please, I beg you, take the blue pill.

This must be the dumbest thing I've heard you say. Granted you have a lot of close seconds.

It's not dumb. It's the truth. QBs trumps all in this league. And the Lions had many other injuries too.

2/5ths of Oline at most important time. Top two backs. Slay in 3 key road games. Ansah in 3 losses early in the season and most of year. Levy I'll say all year as he wasn't fully recovered from the knee injury. Huge huge injuries.

Just getting Stafford heatlhy and Ansah healthy and Abdullah/Riddick back and the Lions could go on a Super Bowl run.

Just because you don't agree with it, it doesn't make it dumb. I have ample evidence.

Back