Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Culture Thread: Libtards and Republitards are Killing the US

Yeah...and how has the US forcing regime change in 3rd world nations worked out since WWII? How do you propose adding more jobs @ "min wage" in South and Central America, esp when NAFTA was and is being blamed for MAGA job losses HERE? tRump did little to neuter NAFTA other than a lame attempt to change its name and take credit where none was due.

How has NOT overthrowing dictatorships worked out? Especially ones that are violently oppressing their citizens by killing them by the thousands or millions? I'm not understanding how Liberals are ok with the death of millions of innocent people, yet are all up in arms about the Death Penalty that kills criminals and unfortunately a much smaller number of innocent people. THAT gets Liberals all worked up...but hey, if you want to be a Dictator and kill a few million people, we're good!

As for the wages, I may need to reclarify my earlier comment when I said at minimum a Living Wage. I can see where that may have been interpreted as me saying "minimum wage" but I was trying to say they should start at a Living Wage, from which they should have the opportunity to increase their pay over time. I am not in favor of saying just work those citizens in sweat shop environments at the smallest possible wage.

1) 2) This sounds a whole helluva lot easier said than done. Pretty sure Nike, Boeing, Caterpillar, GM and Ford - just off the top of my head - might have something to say about this.

Few impactful and important changes are easy, unfortunately.

If those companies were provided tax breaks for building factories in those nations and were levied heavy fines for staying in China to the point where the economics are unfavorable to stay in China, they might reconsider. While I would be against it, a compromise might be something like, "Keep your current China plants and production with current setup if you build a manufacturing facility in these other countries as well...and if you do not, THEN you will be levied additional fees."

I'm just personally against anything being made in China these days (yes, VERY tall order to change THAT unforutnately). Anywhere BUT China is my preference...and if it would help the people in these nations feel they do not need to seek refuge and a better life in the US because they can have a good life in their home country, that is what significantly reduces their desire to come to the US. We still have immigrants from European nations, but at a far lower rate because the quality of life in Europe is acceptable to most of its citizens. So does it not make sense that the best option for all involved would be to improve the quality of life in those nations? If the Dictator was willing to stop killing and actually try to improve the quality of life, then by all means they can stay in power. Someone actively engaged in killing many thousands if not millions...well, I'm sorry that the UN is too big of a pussy organization to force a stop to those actions and it requires US intervention, but the UN fails to do its duty in these situations and it is left upon the US to clean up the mess. If the UN were to actually do something other than "negotiate" and continue to allow such Dictators to do as they wish, this would not be an issue. The UN is only slightly better than the League of Nations...but not by much. Still full of a bunch of pacifists who never act on behalf of millions who end up being killed by Dictators and terrorists. And a big part of the reason for that is the UN is populated by too many nations with leaders doing those things so they all just sit back and allow each other to continue committing those levels of atrocities. The US is far from perfect, but we are not murdering millions of our own people (at the moment anyway). The world is little better off today than it was between WWI and WWII because the UN is full of leaders who support maximum authoritarianism.

How has NOT overthrowing dictatorships worked out? Especially ones that are violently oppressing their citizens by killing them by the thousands or millions? I'm not understanding how Liberals are ok with the death of millions of innocent people, yet are all up in arms about the Death Penalty that kills criminals and unfortunately a much smaller number of innocent people. THAT gets Liberals all worked up...but hey, if you want to be a Dictator and kill a few million people, we're good!

As for the wages, I may need to reclarify my earlier comment when I said at minimum a Living Wage. I can see where that may have been interpreted as me saying "minimum wage" but I was trying to say they should start at a Living Wage, from which they should have the opportunity to increase their pay over time. I am not in favor of saying just work those citizens in sweat shop environments at the smallest possible wage.

What are you talking about?

There are LOTS of dictators we haven?t overthrown. If all we did was overthrow dictators, that?s all we would ever be doing, which unfortunately has kind of been the case more than it should have been; and we would never run out of dictators to overthrow, because there would always be a new dictator to overthrow in place of the last dictator we just overthrew.

I would have kinda thought we might have pretty much learnt that by now.

That said, if we?re going to pursue a strategy of overthrowing dictators because NOT overthrowing them has never worked out, who do we start with? Xi Jinping, or Putin?

That said, if we?re going to pursue a strategy of overthrowing dictators because NOT overthrowing them has never worked out, who do we start with? Xi Jinping, or Putin?

China is the bigger threat to things I think we should care about, but I think Xi's more replaceable than Putin.

Last edited:

"worked out"...???

we overthrew Saddam Hussein because he was supposedly a bad guy (okay...) and threatening us (not credibly, but...), had WMD (not true), and "ties to" Al Qaeda (completely false).

after we got rid of him, we essentially destroyed Iraq in the process, leasing to tens of thousands of deaths directly by American weapons, hundreds of thousands by civil war, disease, exposure to the elements, etc.

And WE ALSO tortured and murdered innocent Iraqis... while we were doing all that.

and Iraq is still a mess.

And we did the same thing on a smaller scale to Libya. and covertly to Syria.

hard to say there was any benefit to any of these actions, save the profit to the defense industry, and a handful of oil contracts which may or may not eventually pay out.

and in doing so, we tarnished our national reputation, violated our own constitution by waging wars outside congressional approval, and have destroyed the lives of people that exposed official lies, who were some of teh only Americans involved in any of this that displayed anything like courage or moral judgment.

All star game moved to Denver

MLB in their infamous wisdom was so appalled by Georgia's election laws that they moved the all star game to Colorado. Does MLB know that Colorado's election laws are stricter than Georgia's. You can't make this up.

MLB in their infamous wisdom was so appalled by Georgia's election laws that they moved the all star game to Colorado. Does MLB know that Colorado's election laws are stricter than Georgia's. You can't make this up.

The league, using talking points from Stacy Abrams characterized the law as a “voter suppression” bill. However, analysis by Heritage action and the Washington Post found that the law “actually preserves or expands ballot access in several important ways.” President Joe Biden was given four pinocchio’s by the Washington Post after he attacked the bill.​

That the Post acknowledges that Biden is falsifying the intent of the bill is telling.

And you need a picture ID to pick up an All-Star ticket at Will Call.

Bill Volckmann, Finance Director for Cobb County believes that the county may lose up to $190 million. The 800 hotel rooms that were under contract will now be empty and the boost to recover from COVID business leaders were hoping for is now gone.​

I wonder if Biden knows that Cobb County voted for him by a 14-point margin. What a way to reward your supporters! But, in all honesty, Biden cares nothing for them, or us.

Last edited:
The league, using talking points from Stacy Abrams characterized the law as a ?voter suppression? bill. However, analysis by Heritage action and the Washington Post found that the law ?actually preserves or expands ballot access in several important ways.? President Joe Biden was given four pinocchio?s by the Washington Post after he attacked the bill.​
That the Post acknowledges that Biden is falsifying the intent of the bill is telling.

And you need a picture ID to pick up an All-Star ticket at Will Call.
Bill Volckmann, Finance Director for Cobb County believes that the county may lose up to $190 million. The 800 hotel rooms that were under contract will now be empty and the boost to recover from COVID business leaders were hoping for is now gone.​
I wonder if Biden knows that Cobb County voted for him by a 14-point margin. What a way to reward your supporters! But, in all honesty, Biden cares nothing for them, or us.

Did they say how it expands or preserves voting access in important ways?

While I'm skeptical this bill is as bad as corporate America is making it out to be, I'm also skeptical of that claim.

Did they say how it expands or preserves voting access in important ways?

While I'm skeptical this bill is as bad as corporate America is making it out to be, I'm also skeptical of that claim.

I?m skeptical of most everything these days, so I?d have to read the bill to offer an informed answer, and I?m not going to do that.

There are other differences

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/07/9848...ting-laws-differ-despite-conservatives-claims

Every registered voter gets a mail in ballot in Colorado. Automatically - without requesting it, with 1 drop box per 9,400 voters as opposed to Georgia's 1 box per 100,000 cap. And while they require ID, they accept 16 forms of ID including Medicare and Medicaid cards, college IDs, utility bills, bank statements and paychecks.

Manfred is a member of the Augusta National Golf Club, and MLB just signed a huge streaming deal with TenCent, a Chinese company.

I don?t see him renouncing his membership or cancelling this deal. So, I question his integrity in moving the ASG from Atlanta to Denver. I think he thinks it?s the least ?offensive? NL venue to stage it. Or he just went with the NL venue that has the longest span of not hosting it.

And I expect that he was ?encouraged? to move the game.

Manfred is a member of the Augusta National Golf Club, and MLB just signed a huge streaming deal with TenCent, a Chinese company.

I don?t see him renouncing his membership or cancelling this deal. So, I question his integrity in moving the ASG from Atlanta to Denver. I think he thinks it?s the least ?offensive? NL venue to stage it. Or he just went with the NL venue that has the longest span of not hosting it.

And I expect that he was ?encouraged? to move the game.

It's all PR. But it says -something- that they think this is the messaging that is a good business decision. Assuming they've got data and analysts informing their decisions, I haven't made my mind up yet on what this might suggest.

Tencent is one of the big 7 in AI. Bigger player than Apple in that space.

Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Baidu, Alibaba, and Tencent

It's all PR. But it says -something- that they think this is the messaging that is a good business decision. Assuming they've got data and analysts informing their decisions, I haven't made my mind up yet on what this might suggest.

I think it?s simply a ?make it happen? ?ex-post facto? cancelling out of fear of reprisal. Or it was simply ordered ? ?or else.? Ironically, Denver is 9% African American; Atlanta is 51% African-American. The hit to the Atlanta area economically will be substantial. High tens of millions. Since ?data? was mentioned.

Last edited:
I don?t know, but MLB is highly selective on which organizations or policies it punishes.

Like Karl Marx said... capitalism knows no borders.

Don't expect any corporation to put "America first" (even Trump, Inc.) when there's easy money to suck into the greed funnel somewhere

Strange culture war when big parts of culture are businesses and are tied up in the politics.

Back