Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Culture Thread: Libtards and Republitards are Killing the US

China is buying our pork production and therefore our hotdogs. Baseball is a lost cause. We'd better circle the wagons around apple pie.

Smart decision. You would just be brainwashed into becoming both Chinese, AND communist.

I never watch the All Star game. Not since I was a little kid in the 70s.

I tuned in on the radio yesterday to parts of the Tigers, Angels and Dodgers games.

I?ll tune into the Tigers and Dodgers today (Angels are off; traveling to Toronto).

I?ll probably do this most days all the until October.

The All Star game?

Who gives a shit?

It doesn?t count.

There really shouldn?t even be one this year.

Like Karl Marx said... capitalism knows no borders.

Don't expect any corporation to put "America first" (even Trump, Inc.) when there's easy money to suck into the greed funnel somewhere

Well that greed funnel diverts its profits from somewhere else, including its own.

I never watch the All Star game. Not since I was a little kid in the 70s.

That?s when the players actually cared whether or not they won.

Steve Carlton, Tom Seaver, Sam McDowell, Tony Oliva, Bill Melton, Rusty Staub were a few of the players who DNP in the 1971 ASG.

That would be funny if MLB decided to troll the Alex Jones' crowd by having the All Star game played by a bunch of random Chinese players, and featured advertising of TenCent, ali baba, Quaawei, etc. in Chinese.

Imagine how those guys would lose their shit? It would be like Orson Welles' radio broadcast of War of the Worlds.

That would be funny if MLB decided to troll the Alex Jones' crowd by having the All Star game played by a bunch of random Chinese players, and featured advertising of TenCent, ali baba, Quaawei, etc. in Chinese.

Imagine how those guys would lose their shit? It would be like Orson Welles' radio broadcast of War of the Worlds.

Or just put Chinese condiments on hotdogs to suggest new ownership.

That?s when the players actually cared whether or not they won.

Steve Carlton, Tom Seaver, Sam McDowell, Tony Oliva, Bill Melton, Rusty Staub were a few of the players who DNP in the 1971 ASG.

I did watch that one.

I think Norm Cash K?d twice.

Yes. And so did Kaline (once). But he also got a hit and scored. I was there, as some may know.

My neighbor buddy was there too.

I thought I remembered Kaline getting a hit.

6 HRs, five were to right field stands, right?

There was the monumental shot Reggie Jackson hit into the light tower; Roberto Clemente went opposite field.

The wind was blowing in from left and out to right.

Harmon Killebrew was the only went yard to left.

Don?t remember the others; maybe Frank Robinson?

Maybe Yazstrenski?

I could look it up, but what would be the fun of that?

My neighbor buddy was there too.

I thought I remembered Kaline getting a hit.

Single up the middle against Don Wilson.

6 HRs, five were to right field stands, right?
Yes

There was the monumental shot Reggie Jackson hit into the light tower; Roberto Clemente went opposite field.

The wind was blowing in from left and out to right.

Harmon Killebrew was the only went yard to left.

Don?t remember the others; maybe Frank Robinson?

Maybe Yazstrenski?

I could look it up, but what would be the fun of that?

AL: Jackson, F. Robinson, Killebrew
NL: Bench, Aaron, Clemente

Aaron?s and Bench?s were in deep R-CF Upper Deck. Clemente?s was also R-CF Upper Deck over the 415 mark, but not as deep.

Robinson?s was lower deck RF.

Another post on the topic.

Single up the middle against Don Wilson.

Yes

AL: Jackson, F. Robinson, Killebrew
NL: Bench, Aaron, Clemente

Aaron?s and Bench?s were in deep R-CF Upper Deck. Clemente?s was also R-CF Upper Deck over the 415 mark, but not as deep.

Robinson?s was lower deck RF.

Another post on the topic.

Okay.

Half a century later, I remembered there were six, five to right, I remembered only Killebrew went to left, and I named three of the five who went to right; I remember that Reggie Jackson?s was spectacular.

I was more confident about Robinson than Yaz; like 99%.

Not too shabby, if I may say so for myself.

Back