Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!

Wtf? Didn't someone say our game tomorrow was at 245 est? My guide says 12 est. I'm glad I checked! That's 9am for me. Could have missed it.

Yes that was bdtay in post #174 of the OK State game thread...I corrected his error in post #179 of that same thread with a verifying link to the official NCAA website...

NEVER just believe anything any poster claims...

That is what I saw yesterday was 2:45. Good thing I looked again too or I would have missed . Sorry everyone!!!! I know I posted it somewhere.

Last edited:
What a bad play up three by purdue in my opinion.

Completely agree. Why the hell not throw it into Swanigan there. That was a pretty tough 3 put up by Matthias. And with 12 seconds left on the shot clock too. Though he seems very much a chucker anyway. And then to top it off after that he misses the front-end when he could have put the game away before Swanigan bails him out with the rebound.

But anyway, Purdue survives and moves on. 3 Big Ten teams still alive in the Midwest.

I can't believe Virginia only managed to score 39 points against Florida.

I can't believe Virginia only managed to score 39 points against Florida.

Bennettball is an absolute farce. You cannot win a damn thing of significance by scoring 60 a game. It's unwatchable and I was glad to see Florida clownstomp their gimmick team.

Admittedly, I don't know anything about Virginia and their style of play, so I'll take your word for it.

Admittedly, I don't know anything about Virginia and their style of play, so I'll take your word for it.

They play a painstakingly slow style using every second on the shot clock and limit as many possessions as possible. They've had some regular season success under this style but they seemingly gag every year in the tournament.

I wouldn't say Virginia is gimmicky. They play good defense. Good, solid aggressively man-to-man. Not some gimmicky zone like Syracuse. Not relying on the bailout charge like Duke teams in the past. But, agree you definitely need to be able to score better to win consistently. They were a pretty efficient offensive team the past couple of years, even at a slow pace, but don't have guys like Justin Anderson or Malcolm Brogdon this year.

I dont think its a gimmick but it is a system that would seem to work better at a non power 5 school. It seems to leave you with a very small margin for error. And if you get behind or face a hot shooting team your sunk. Kind of like the triple option in football.

Back