Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Justin Verlander Wins the 2011 AL MVP

Justin Verlander Wins the AL MVP

Wow, who was the stuffy guy to Verlanders left, the whole speech the guy sat there looking like he was waiting for a delayed flight to announce boarding.

Also, I think he forgot to remove the hanger from his Tux before he put it on.

MI_Thumb said:
Wow, who was the stuffy guy to Verlanders left, the whole speech the guy sat there looking like he was waiting for a delayed flight to announce boarding.

Also, I think he forgot to remove the hanger from his Tux before he put it on.

bobby valentine.

Do you mean the guy to Verlander's right (our left)? Bobby seemed somewhat animated, whereas the other guy kept looking around like he was at a bus stop waiting for the next one to arrive. It also seems he forgot to remove the shoulder pads from his tux. Don't know who the guy is though...

newton83 said:
Do you mean the guy to Verlander's right (our left)? Bobby seemed somewhat animated, whereas the other guy kept looking around like he was at a bus stop waiting for the next one to arrive. It also seems he forgot to remove the shoulder pads from his tux. Don't know who the guy is though...

No, I meant what I said, the guy on Verlanders LEFT, the guy on the right side of our screens.

I know right from left, I can even tie my own shoes now.

MI_Thumb said:
newton83 said:

No, I meant what I said, the guy on Verlanders LEFT, the guy on the right side of our screens.

The gray haired guy with the bowtie..right? It's bobby valentine. just kept looking straight ahead and not at JV. right Thumb?

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":6fsdyzw9]

The gray haired guy with the bowtie..right? It's bobby valentine. just kept looking straight ahead and not at JV. right Thumb?[/quote:6fsdyzw9]

Correct, thanks for naming him btw, I didn't know his face.

MI_Thumb said:
newton83 said:

lol alright. The other guy looks pretty silly too, if you ask me.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2012/02/justin-verlander-mlb-2k12-video-game/1
New Webvideo Justin Verlander featured in MLB 2K12 teaser video.
from USA Today

That was funny. Too bad he didn't do a spot for the better MLB: The Show..

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120....ran s-hospitals
Sweet! Justin Verlander cereal benefits veterans' hospitals.
from the detnews

http://www.mlive.com/business/index.ssf/...._adds_just.html
Justin Verlander's Fastball Flakes added to Meijer's cereal lineup.
from Mlive

The cereal is available exclusively at Meijer stores in the Detroit, Lansing, Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids areas and online at www.plbsports.com.
http://www.plbsports.com/verlander.html
Fastball Flakes cereal is the latest athlete-endorsed food product from PLB Sports.

verlander is one cool cat. i always knew he had greatness in him.

Verlander has no problem staying focused and that is what makes a good pitcher, i think he can win the MVP once again

Back