Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Report: Lions and Suh NOT close to a deal

I never said he sucked. I said we already have to TEs on the roster than can get 65 yards. Pettigrew and Fauria can easily combine for that per game if Stafford didn't suck like he did the last 8 games of last year.

Not to mention a month ago you said ebron would be a 600 yard WR....so that's like 40 yards a game. Then you jumped to 1000. Now youre back down to 750 within 2 posts. gratz lkp...youre officially an idiot.

Pettigrew and Fauria do not get 65 yards. They get 40. And they don't get 13 YPC. Ebron was much needed.

1,000 was the extrapolation but pre-season. So 750 is a very good number for a rookie explosive TE.

Stafford does not suck. Good comp % to Pettigrew/Burleson/Bush/Bell/Calvin. Durham and the other backups sucked.

Yeah we'll need those extra 15 yards a game from our TEs to offset Suh stomping on someone's nuts. Mayhew = Genius

Yeah we'll need those extra 15 yards a game from our TEs to offset Suh stomping on someone's nuts. Mayhew = Genius

Won't happen this year. Olinemen getting away with hands to the face all game on Suh won't happen anymore. A calmer nicer Suh.

Won't happen this year. Olinemen getting away with hands to the face all game on Suh won't happen anymore. A calmer nicer Suh.

Dang...considering whatever lkp says the opposite ALWAYS happens....suhs in for a real personal foul happy year. Good job anti nostradomus.

Dang...considering whatever lkp says the opposite ALWAYS happens....suhs in for a real personal foul happy year. Good job anti nostradomus.

I'm never wrong. My predictions overall are always the most accurate. A few injuries and bad refs won't stop me this year.

Watt got $100 mil. That's Suh's floor.

He is not going to get Watt money. Best DT in the leauge but no way he will get paid as the best D player. He will test the market and someone will over pay. Just hope it is not the lions

He is not going to get Watt money. Best DT in the leauge but no way he will get paid as the best D player. He will test the market and someone will over pay. Just hope it is not the lions

I'll make you a friendly bet Suh gets 100 mil or the Watt equivalent which is like $16 per.

I'll make you a friendly bet Suh gets 100 mil or the Watt equivalent which is like $16 per.

I'm not one to shy away from a wager...but I won't take that bet because I agree with you, especially because I think Suh's poised for a "contract year" performance. :cheers:

Reasoning: FA Defensive players tend to make bank when they hit the market Haynesworth and Williams each pushed $100 mil. Even guys well past their prime can get decent deals Allen and Peppers both got $30 mil. Weak DT class got weaker with BJ Raji injury and I think someone may see Suh as a 3-4 end which may increase the size of his suitors. Cap may go up to $160 mil in 2016 and already went up $10 mil this year. And finally Watt signed an extension and probably could have got even more if he hit the open market and didn't mind playing for a perrenial loser like the Jags or Raiders or someone.

Reasoning: FA Defensive players tend to make bank when they hit the market Haynesworth and Williams each pushed $100 mil. Even guys well past their prime can get decent deals Allen and Peppers both got $30 mil. Weak DT class got weaker with BJ Raji injury and I think someone may see Suh as a 3-4 end which may increase the size of his suitors. Cap may go up to $160 mil in 2016 and already went up $10 mil this year. And finally Watt signed an extension and probably could have got even more if he hit the open market and didn't mind playing for a perrenial loser like the Jags or Raiders or someone.

Not like the Texans are anything special. Actually, they're a joke.

I'm not sure Suh gets 100MIL. I see him getting around 80+. Rumor has it that teams are still weery of the guy. He's an enigma, a strange bird. He's one of those guys that seek attention. Even when everybody in the room is already looking at you. Idk....i hope he stays, but i have already said goodbye in my head. Someone will overpay, but i don't see Watt money falling his way.

He's the type of guy that will just walk away from the game in his prime. I get that type of feeling from him and i don't even know the man. Imagine what other teams feel?

Last edited:
For some reason, I think he is going to end up back with us when all is said and done. 15-16 per, especially if we win the division. If we don't win the division, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
And ironically enough, that "joke" has won two playoff games since 2011, something that takes the Lions 50 years to do.

Anyone listening to 97.1 the ticket? Suh's interview is hilarious.

(regarding the stomp)
"I made a huge mistake, I was overly emotional."
"What mistake was that?"
"Being too emotional."

He still can't admit he stomped on the dude. Just man up and say you did it.

(regarding the stomp)
"What mistake was that?"
"Being too emotional."

atleast pass the balme to your crazy coach that's no longer there and starts post game fights!

(regarding the stomp)
"What mistake was that?"
"Being too emotional."

Admit it?? So, you and Mike Valenti can sleep better at night? Who gives a shit if he admits it or not? The media is a clownshow anyways. "What mistake was that?" He's not giving in, so let it go...

Guy has not taken personal responsibility EVER in his time in a Lions uniform. You even said yourself that he is one of those weird personalities that could up and retire in a month. Why are you taking his side now? This isn't some new thought process, I've never liked the guy. He didn't admit it after, he said he f'ing tripped on the guy.

It's news because he did a big interview last night, and basically just reinforced that he's above it all.

Last edited:
When did I say they were a juggernaut? I just find it funny you talk about how shitty the Texans are, and yet they have had more success than the Detroit Lions in the 12 years of their existence.

Guy has not taken personal responsibility EVER in his time in a Lions uniform. You even said yourself that he is one of those weird personalities that could up and retire in a month. Why are you taking his side now? This isn't some new thought process, I've never liked the guy. He didn't admit it after, he said he f'ing tripped on the guy.

It's news because he did a big interview last night, and basically just reinforced that he's above it all.

Exactly!! He's a weirdo. He's not giving in to the media. Especially some tard like Valenti who won't let it go. He has this obsession with Suh "just admitting" that he stomped the guy...lol. It's pathetic the way 97.1 handles it.
How am I taking his side??? All I'm saying is people need to let it go now. It's over, it's been over for a long time. But let's keep bringing it up over and over and over again when the guy (Suh) doesn't want to talk about it anymore. lol. No wonder the guy wants out of this shithole city...

Back