Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Report: Lions and Suh NOT close to a deal

cap hit once and trade for a high pick

or

28 mil cap and tag suh for 1 year then do the same thing all over again next year

or

somehow convince him to sign long term here which will cost you 12+ mil salary and bonuses which will be about 16 mil cap hit every year.

Mayhew has certainly placed Suh in the driver's seat on this one....and that is the last place you want him!

Last edited:
Real Inside Suh Info...

I'm from Portland, the same place Suh is from. Do I know Suh personally, No. But Portland is small and word spreads quick. With what I heard this offseason, if I'm the Lions, I'm not giving him his asking price either.

A good source told me a little about Suh and what he was doing before training camp. It wasn't illegal or anything that the Lions can be upset about but it's the difference that separates the great from the elite.

Before training camp, Jay Z was touring. Mr. Suh decided to follow. He was in NY, Chi and Vegas with Jay. Suh had his entourage with him and I know a family member of one of those people.

I couldn't tell you if he brought a personal trainier, or was working out during his "Jay Z tour adventure". What I can tell you is he was out touring w Jay the week before training camp. Suh was in Vegas the Friday night before reporting to training camp on Sunday. It wasn't just one show that he attended, but was actually touring w Jay.

Everybody has to live their lives and enjoy their money. I can't fault Suh. But at the same time, elite(HOF) players are thinking football 24/7.

Real Inside Suh Info...

I'm from Portland, the same place Suh is from. Do I know Suh personally, No. But Portland is small and word spreads quick. With what I heard this offseason, if I'm the Lions, I'm not giving him his asking price either.

A good source told me a little about Suh and what he was doing before training camp. It wasn't illegal or anything that the Lions can be upset about but it's the difference that separates the great from the elite.

Before training camp, Jay Z was touring. Mr. Suh decided to follow. He was in NY, Chi and Vegas with Jay. Suh had his entourage with him and I know a family member of one of those people.

I couldn't tell you if he brought a personal trainier, or was working out during his "Jay Z tour adventure". What I can tell you is he was out touring w Jay the week before training camp. Suh was in Vegas the Friday night before reporting to training camp on Sunday. It wasn't just one show that he attended, but was actually touring w Jay.

Everybody has to live their lives and enjoy their money. I can't fault Suh. But at the same time, elite(HOF) players are thinking football 24/7.

Not calling you a liar, but Suh came into camp in tiptop shape. The best he's ever been...

Real Inside Suh Info...

Interesting info. I guess we pretty much come to the same conclusion except for the very last part, there are plenty of guys in the HOF that did plenty outside of football (LT) hell Barry Sanders admitted he didn't even like football outside of college. Like Tony said he looks like he is in great shape and as long as he's a wrecking ball his off season diversions are nobody's business but his. I think if anything it gives insight on how likely he'll be back with the Lions if he is choosing Jay Z concerts over OTAs with a new coach, I don't think he particularly bleeds Honolulu blue and is putting himself first. Unless we over pay Suh love for Detroit isn't keeping him.

I know this was already a talking point, but I really wish Suh trained with the team instead of going off to Fiji and doing his own personal routine. When you are the captain, you need to be absorbing everything Detroit Lions. The Reggie Bush quote still cracks me up, when he just breathes heavy and says "I don't know" when they asked him what Suh is up to and why he's not with the team.

It's not really a mystery that he does not want to be a Detroit Lion. Let's just hope he plays well this season, gives us fans something to cheer for, and then goes to wherever he desires.

I know this was already a talking point, but I really wish Suh trained with the team instead of going off to Fiji and doing his own personal routine. When you are the captain, you need to be absorbing everything Detroit Lions. The Reggie Bush quote still cracks me up, when he just breathes heavy and says "I don't know" when they asked him what Suh is up to and why he's not with the team.

It's not really a mystery that he does not want to be a Detroit Lion. Let's just hope he plays well this season, gives us fans something to cheer for, and then goes to wherever he desires.

I'm sure he's not the only one who doesn't want to be a Detroit Lion. The others just show it better..

A lot of "super stars" choose to train on their own. Been happening forever...

Looking to trade Suh, Arizona. Dockett is fk'd up..bam. That's right :nod:

Maybe at the deadline if someone is thinking they are Super Bowl bound and we are in the tank. More of a baseball move but the trade ain't going to happen until then at the earliest - who are we going to play at DT? Mosley and Fairley look doodoo and we need all the pressure we can get. Suh literally is our whole dline until Ansah is healthy and the stats show he was just Suh's clean up man in his rookie season.

Maybe at the deadline if someone is thinking they are Super Bowl bound and we are in the tank. More of a baseball move but the trade ain't going to happen until then at the earliest - who are we going to play at DT? Mosley and Fairley look doodoo and we need all the pressure we can get. Suh literally is our whole dline until Ansah is healthy and the stats show he was just Suh's clean up man in his rookie season.

He's very talented but we ain't getting shit for him elsewise..maybe a 3rd comp. They don't usually have do baseball like trades. It's rare.

He's very talented but we ain't getting shit for him elsewise..maybe a 3rd comp. They don't usually have do baseball like trades. It's rare.

There has been some action at the deadline recently. Before the NFL was the No Trades League but now the deadline has some meaning. No one is going to sign a guy for more than a third with no contract extension, wanna talk rare how bout and NFL sign and trade NBA style.

Last edited:
There has been some action at the deadline recently. Before the NFL was the No Trades League but now the deadline has some meaning. No one is going to sign a guy for more than a third with no contract extension, wanna talk rare how bout and NFL sign and trade NBA style.

Can a sign and trade work in the nfl. Wouldnt the Lions be on the hook for the guaranteed money?

A sign and trade the guarantee is on the new team I assume but I don't see many sign and trades to know for sure but it would make no sense to trade a guy like that just to get hit with guarantee money..we just have to worry about the cap hit..

Can a sign and trade work in the nfl. Wouldnt the Lions be on the hook for the guaranteed money?

I believe it'd be a trade and sign, not a sign and trade. And then the player could always change his mind about the signing part, but I think that would be unlikely as the two sides would probably come to a mutual agreement before the trade happens.

Yes trade then he would sign with new team.

And it may not be possible. Depending on how much base salary counts toward the Lions before the trade (depening on how many games he plays with us), his cap number could be the 19 million dead money plus up to 6 million base salary (if traded before right before the deadline after Week 8). So that would put us over the cap and therefore impossible. You pretty much have until Week 4. And the Lions aren't going to trade him that early.

$784,375 base salary per game should count toward us once he plays that game.

If the entire base salary gets wiped clean, then it would only be 19 million in dead money but I think the portion of the base counts once he plays the game

Last edited:
Back