Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Washington loses to Colorado to Get ][V][ into the Playoffs Game Thread

Again I feel if Clemson losses we get in.. Pretty sure our 10-2 is better then Clemson's. Plus that NC state game too..

I wonder if this year's final four teams will get better ratings then last years?

Yeah he was terrible in that game but after the 10-0 lead I just hated the play calling at times in that game. That said he hits 1 of the 3 deep balls he missed we are in.
But jim has to call better 4th quarter games. Yeah it sucks can't let refs be a factor..That is our fault sadly.
I feel like some of the play calling is due to who we have at QB. Chesson was barely a part of our offense this year. Makes no sense. How can Butt go with only one TD in the big ten? We were riding our defense and hoping our QB didn't fuck it up.

He fucked it up anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, VT is even more of a long shot to beat Clemson than CU was to beat Washington.

Not sure about a Clemson loss doing the job or not. Colorado getting throttled doesn't exactly help Michigan's strength of schedule.

Looking at Colorado's schedule and I'm not quite sure how they ever got that high of a ranking. Losing to the only 2(now 3) good teams that you've played shouldn't help you that much. Seriously, their best win is 4 loss Washington St or 4 loss Utah? Pretty meh

Don't forget about how much this committee flipping loves Michigan. Clemson drops and they'll get in.

Don't see it happening but who knows.

Don't forget about how much this committee flipping loves Michigan. Clemson drops and they'll get in.

Don't see it happening but who knows.

Agreed, as long as there's a human element to this process then $$$$ will play a role. Michigan being in boosts ratings period. If there is a crack in the door to get them in, it'll happen.

I agree with the money theory after the dismal ratings last year for semifinals games.. if Clemson losses Washington slides to 3 and Michigan will be in at 4. Not sure the ratings between clemson verses Alabama last year (was that the game ?).

Last edited:
I agree with the money theory after the dismal ratings last year for semifinals games.. if Clemson losses Washington slides to 3 and Michigan will be in at 4. Not sure the ratings between clemson verses Alabama last year (was that the game ?).

As I recall Alabama crushed Michigan State.
Go time 909 has a point there was virtually nobody outside of East Lansing in the country who gave a shit about watching Michigan State in the playoffs last year.

If I was on the committee I would do everything I could to get the great and popular university of Michigan into the playoffs.

Looking at Colorado's schedule and I'm not quite sure how they ever got that high of a ranking. Losing to the only 2(now 3) good teams that you've played shouldn't help you that much. Seriously, their best win is 4 loss Washington St or 4 loss Utah? Pretty meh

They're better than state.

This season Pioneer high school it was better than state.

True.

And it always makes me laugh when people watch one game and then assess an entire conference or program.

Like last year when folks watched (or apparently didn't watch) state and Bama and concluded, "see, the BigTen sucks!"

Then Iowa went out and reinforced that view in the Rose Bowl

True.

And it always makes me laugh when people watch one game and then assess an entire conference or program.

Like last year when folks watched (or apparently didn't watch) state and Bama and concluded, "see, the BigTen sucks!"

Then Iowa went out and reinforced that view in the Rose Bowl

Alabama is Alabama ..Msu had to play a perfect game and cook was banged up . After Iowa lost Msu in big ten title game and did not make final four it is so hard to get up for a bowl game with nothing but bragging rights on the line. Need to make all the big bowls worth something in a better playoff system.

Alabama is Alabama ..Msu had to play a perfect game and cook was banged up . After Iowa lost Msu in big ten title game and did not make final four it is so hard to get up for a bowl game with nothing but bragging rights on the line. Need to make all the big bowls worth something in a better playoff system.

Hard for who to get up for a bowl game? A team or fans?

They keep showing these bowl games on TV so somebody must be watching.

And degenerate gamblers who would bet on anything love the bowls.

I'm confused.

Either that agrees with my statement -- that one game does not a season make -- or it's just sour grapes.

All the CU fans I know are bummed but expecting Alamo or Holiday Bowl and pretty happy about that.

You mean to tell me if M draws the Orange Bowl vs ...Florida State, that our team and fans wouldn't get up for it?

Last edited:
I'm confused.

Either that agrees with my statement -- that one game does not a season make -- or it's just sour grapes.

All the CU fans I know are bummed but expecting Alamo or Holiday Bowl and pretty happy about that.

You mean to tell me if M draws the Orange Bowl vs ...Florida State, that our team and fans wouldn't get up for it?

I don't see why it's much different than not making the national championship game but at least getting into the Rose Bowl or the Orange Bowl or the Sugar Bowl in the BCS era...

Well iowa looked pretty flat last year in the Rose bowl. Maybe the fans and gamblers were happy and I'm sure the kids on the team had a fun time out west but you can't tell the players were not going through the motions in that game. The system is just boring now with games meaning nothing. Time to adapt and get a real playoff in place. 4 team playoff is boring and the fans didn't watch on tv last year. How fun would it be to give a team like wmu a shot at the big boys in a playoff. .

Last edited:
Back