Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander traded to Houston, TJ Surgery, Wins 2 WS, Wins 3rd Cy Young Now a Met

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2023/04/16/monday-musings-63/
MONDAY MUSINGS.
Totally Tigers

Throughout the week, there are so many smaller stories hitting the media. They may be bite-size, but often they are just as important as the headline-grabbing news. Sometimes, even more.

And that?s what brings me to today. A way to bring them out in the open and invite conversation about some of these subjects.

And that?s the plan for Mondays. Keeping track of these mighty little bits that hit my radar throughout the week and sharing them with you today because I know one or more will also resonate with you. So, let?s kick off this week?s musings?

According to Anthony DiComo, Justin Verlander is on track to make his Mets debut on May 3rd against the Detroit Tigers.

As much as I like JV and Max, I really want them both to fail as Mets. Nothing against them, but I want both of those contracts to bite the Mets in the ass!

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2023/05/21/monday-musings-68/
MONDAY MUSINGS.
Totally Tigers

Throughout the week, there are so many smaller stories hitting the media. They may be bite-size, but often they are just as important as the headline-grabbing news. Sometimes, even more.

And that?s what brings me to today. A way to bring them out in the open and invite conversation about some of these subjects.

And that?s the plan for Mondays. Keeping track of these mighty little bits that hit my radar throughout the week and sharing them with you today because I know one or more will also resonate with you. So, let?s kick off this week?s musings?

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2023/07/07/saturday-survey-85/
SATURDAY SURVEY.
Totally Tigers

The NY Mets have imploded this year, sitting in 4th place, 5 games under .500 and 17.5 games out of 1st place (through Thursday). All with a record payroll of approximately $363 million and scores of players under performing.

Needless to say, owner Steve Cohen is not happy and told the media that changes would be coming. It is being reported that the Mets will be sellers this summer, trying to unload more than a couple players to other teams. It is said that the Mets are willing to absorb a large chunk of their salaries in order to move them.

Two of those player rumored to be on the trading block are former Tigers ? Max Scherzer and Justin Verlander. Both are making identical salaries of $43 mill for each of the next 2 years. Both have full no-trade clauses unless they specifically sign off on a potential trade.

Scherzer burned his bridges in his last year as a Tiger with the Ilitch family. It is unlikely that the Tigers would want him back, even at a vastly reduced salary.

However, JV remains beloved in this town. And he still loves the Tigers.

And lest we forget, A. J. Hinch is his former manager.

Justin is 40 years old and currently has a 3-4 record with 3.66 ERA. He was on the IL for a short period this year with a minor injury.

The Tigers have been running short on starting pitching again this year. And it?s expected that they will lose their best pitcher, Eduardo Rodriquez, this month. They have already lost Matthew Boyd for the rest of this year.

If the Mets assumed the majority of his salary, should the Tigers acquire him as long as promising prospects aren?t dealt?

Would JV help the staff as well as returning to his former role of mentoring young starting pitchers?

Could Chris Fetter help him regain some of his former greatness and keep him pitching successfully?
Would you like to see him finish his career in Detroit?

If the Mets picked up most of his salary, would you like to see Justin Verlander return to pitch in Detroit?

1. Yes, bring him back.

2. No, it's not a good idea.

VOTE

Bring him back if the price is right ! No high level prospects ! I?m sure the Mets won?t go for giving them Maton Lol and some other kids not named Keith, meadows or Malloy !

Last edited:
Does anybody who isn?t me thinking that Verlander and Scherzer WON?T end up pitching together on every MLB roster in the league(

Last edited:
Back