Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

When can we be upset about Ebron?

Call it an exaggeration then if you want. No need to sound so incredulous with half your posts by the way. I didn't think it was a great throw, and maybe Fuller still should have caught it regardless. He's not Calvin Johnson though that's for sure.

Incredulous???? It's what i do. Thanks for your concern though....means a lot :^/

Incredulous???? It's what i do. Thanks for your concern though....means a lot :^/

I've noticed and you're welcome haha :)

We can nitpick one throw all day. Bottom line is Matt did not play like an elite quarterback yesterday. He was fine for some stretches, and not so good in others. We've all been asking for consistency with Stafford. That's all we want, because this up and down stuff leads to trouble. It could have lead to trouble yesterday but the rest of the team stepped up huge. With Tulloch going down now, and the secondary still a huge issue, we need Matt to be consistent more than ever going forward.

Secondary playing well. Not a huge issue at all this year, in fact a strength. How many games before people stop banging that drum?

Secondary may end up like the 2013 Oline play.

We can nitpick one throw all day. Bottom line is Matt did not play like an elite quarterback yesterday. He was fine for some stretches, and not so good in others. We've all been asking for consistency with Stafford. That's all we want, because this up and down stuff leads to trouble. It could have lead to trouble yesterday but the rest of the team stepped up huge. With Tulloch going down now, and the secondary still a huge issue, we need Matt to be consistent more than ever going forward.

That's because he's not elite. Why do we keeping using that term.

The only circus catch I saw was Davon House. Good overthrown but ridiculous catch. Worked out. You take that shot on 3rd and 10 to Calvin.

That ball was right to House...over the shoulder and he fell to the ground. Easier catch than the ball thrown to Fuller.

Secondary playing well. Not a huge issue at all this year, in fact a strength. How many games before people stop banging that drum?

Haha, that's a good one. I needed a laugh.

Our secondary is down to the bottom of the barrel in terms of bodies available to actually play. If one of Mathis or Slay gets hurt (which is quite possible) then where are we? That is an issue that we need to be thinking about.

The issue isn't so much how they have performed so far as I agree they have done better than I thought they would....it's what they could potentially look like in the future, and that potential is not so bright. We'll see how they can hold up.

Haha, that's a good one. I needed a laugh.

You must be blind then. Secondary is playing very well. Slay, Mathis, Quin have the talent. IAQ great depth stepping up.

Nickel concerns with 3 injuries.

I agree. He was terrible in some spurts, but played better as the game went on. Threw well on 3rd downs and led us into scoring position. Still needs to step up his game....i won't argue that.

Our secondary is down to the bottom of the barrel in terms of bodies available to actually play. If one of Mathis or Slay gets hurt (which is quite possible) then where are we? That is an issue that we need to be thinking about.

The issue isn't so much how they have performed so far as I agree they have done better than I thought they would....it's what they could potentially look like in the future, and that potential is not so bright. We'll see how they can hold up.

Agreed if Slay or Mathis get hurt things could change. Since all the backups are hurt. But many didn't like Vaughn and Lawson as backups to begin with and know Bentley can't play outside.

Maybe Seisay is the next Byron Maxwell though. Who knows. That could happen too.

Let's just hope they stay healthy. If Sherman gets hurt, Seattle is toast too.

4 good drives (including last 3 all in second half), one meh (fuller pick after 2 first downs) and 3 bad for Stafford (first two drives and second pick). He can play better but he did positive big things for us moving the chains. Got us into scoring position plenty. I'm happy he is finally getting some support. Defense this time.

He played well enough to win and we won.

And against Carolina I had 11 not his fault, 10 his fault for incompletes/picks

this week, 7 not his fault(throwaways,tips,drops etc) and 5 his fault.

Dropped the his fault total in half this week. 14 less attempts too.

You must be blind then. Secondary is playing very well. Slay, Mathis, Quin have the talent. IAQ great depth stepping up.

Nickel concerns with 3 injuries.

They had one good game. Carolina, nope. NYG, it was Eli who's more like my dumb brother playing QB these days.

The problem LKP is we are paying him ELITE qb money and he is not playing that way. Big chunk of the cap is going to Stafford and he is not playing up to those numbers. Our D hold the Packers to 7 points and he "played good enough to win" With all his weapons including a new top 10 pick we expect more from him than 7 points last week and 10 against the packers

They had one good game. Carolina, nope. NYG, it was Eli who's more like my dumb brother playing QB these days.

Eli just played a very good game vs a top notch D. Eli did nothing against us. Remeber that. But why would you?

Eli just played a very good game vs a top notch D. Eli did nothing against us. Remeber that. But why would you?

Anymore that is Eli regardless of who he is playing. One week he will look like his brother Peyton and the next he looks like his brother Cooper. No consistency with him over the past few years!

The problem LKP is we are paying him ELITE qb money and he is not playing that way. Big chunk of the cap is going to Stafford and he is not playing up to those numbers. Our D hold the Packers to 7 points and he "played good enough to win" With all his weapons including a new top 10 pick we expect more from him than 7 points last week and 10 against the packers

Still partially do to old CBA and needing cap space. The new money portion of the cap hit is pretty cheap.

Plus we paid him what we had too. it's a little less than the current going rate for any QB worth anything.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/matthew-stafford/

8.2 of the 15.8 million this year is old money not new deal money.

Who gives a crap. He's even more inconsistent than Matt these days.

Back