Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

When can we be upset about Ebron?

If the Lions have the #1 defense at the end of the season, they will be in the playoffs and the bandwagon will be bursting at the seams. You know this yet you ask your passive aggressive, sarcastic question.

3 =! 16

We're aware the defense has performed beyond expectation thus far. The question at hand is can they keep suffering injuries and keep up this pace. The safe bet is no, though we're all hoping they can keep up what they doing. T. Austin and his defense are the MVPs of this team after less than 1/5th of a season played. But that's not a huge sample size so forgive us "haters" for not blowing our load after a couple wins (and 1 loss).

Nobody told the "haters" to blow their loads. When does it end though? The Lions completely and i mean fucking completely "shut down" a top 5 offense and made one of the best QBS in the league look lost out there. Like some people say (and i agree), it's a small sample size and it's only week 3. But all i hear from the doom and gloomers is, "GB sucks", "We got lucky", "They have injuries", "Rodgers was awful though", blahblahblahblah. Maybe just maybe this could be a special defense and finally the right system is in place. Too early to tell, but shutting down a top flight offense is impressive no matter what. Injuries are piling up, but they're finding guys to plug and play.

A little early for this, but rookie (drafted) TEs so far

Ebron, Eric ...Pick 10, Round 1 (10)...Lions...3 rec, 38 yds

Seferian-Jenkins, Austin...Pick 6, Round 2 (38)...Buccaneers...1 rec, 26 yds (currently injured)

Amaro, Jace...Pick 17, Round 2 (49)...Jets...3 rec, 13 yds (playing tonight)

Niklas, Troy...Pick 20, Round 2 (52)...Cardinals...1 rec, 16 yds

Fiedorowicz, C.J...Pick 1, Round 3 (65)...Texans...nothing

Rodgers, Richard...Pick 34, Round 3 (98)...Packers...nothing

Gillmore, Crockett....Pick 35, Round 3 (99)...Ravens...nothing

Lynch, Arthur....Pick 15, Round 5 (155)...Dolphins...IR

Bolser, Ted...Pick 2, Round 7 (217)...Redskins...practice squad

Blanchflower, Rob...Pick 15, Round 7 (230)...Steelers...practice squad

So what you're saying is we could have drafted a TE in round 7 and we wouldn't be any worse off at TE?

:nod:

Nobody told the "haters" to blow their loads. When does it end though? The Lions completely and i mean fucking completely "shut down" a top 5 offense and made one of the best QBS in the league look lost out there. Like some people say (and i agree), it's a small sample size and it's only week 3. But all i hear from the doom and gloomers is, "GB sucks", "We got lucky", "They have injuries", "Rodgers was awful though", blahblahblahblah. Maybe just maybe this could be a special defense and finally the right system is in place. Too early to tell, but shutting down a top flight offense is impressive no matter what. Injuries are piling up, but they're finding guys to plug and play.

Many lion fans carry around a lot of pain and disappointment it's going to take a lot to wash it away, we've all been disappointed way too many times over the years to get too excited about much

I'm still trying to figure out why petidrop was resigned he hasn't really contributed much

Last edited:
But all i hear from the doom and gloomers is, "GB sucks", "We got lucky", "They have injuries", "Rodgers was awful though", blahblahblahblah.

This thread is 9 pages long and there have only been 2 comments that even come remotely close to what you just described. If you take the time read, you'll see that the majority of comments stated that they were impressed by the defense but concerned for its longevity.

So if that's all you hear from the "doom and gloomers", I guess there are only 2 of them. So why waste your time?

Meh to every comment on here. Why? Cuz the win over GB was in Detroit.

WHEN they win in Lambeau later this year, THEN that will be HUGE!!! ;)

Train to 19-0 still on track!!!!! Doesn't matter how they win, only that they do!

Ebron doesn't have to catch another pass or could even only get negative yards, doesn't matter when holding up the Lombardi Trophy. Am I right? Yes...yes I am!

This thread is 9 pages long and there have only been 2 comments that even come remotely close to what you just described. If you take the time read, you'll see that the majority of comments stated that they were impressed by the defense but concerned for its longevity.

So if that's all you hear from the "doom and gloomers", I guess there are only 2 of them. So why waste your time?

cause hes a homer that's has to argue anything remotely close to being something realistic?

I'm not wasting my time lol . It's all I fucking hear!! Maybe I should elaborate (my bad). I'm in a lot of football groups and it's the same old tired bullshit from everyone. The media, the radio guys and the fans saying all the same old shit. Even Valenti saying that GB handed us that game. This isn't the only board with naysayers lol

Last edited:
I'm not wasting my time lol . It's all I fucking hear!! Maybe I should elaborate (my bad). I'm in a lot of football groups and it's the same old tired bullshit from everyone. The media, the radio guys and the fans saying all the same old shit. Even Valenti saying that GB handed us that game. This isn't the only board with naysayers lol

Fair enough. I can understand that. :cheers:

I don't care who says GB handed us that game, championship teams learn to accept those gifts.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

I don't care who says GB handed us that game, championship teams learn to accept those gifts.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

We sure tried to give it back with the turnovers.

The defense and the commitment to the run really impressed me. The run game is like a fighter taking body blows early in a fight. It starts to pay off in the later rounds.

Lol it cracks me up. Lions don't get a pass when they give away games. Now that we take one its a fucking excuse. Also isn't giving away a game when a team outplays another one but has too many boneheaded plays like turnovers and stupid penalties? Green Bay didn't have too many of those so I truly don't get it. Nor did they outplay us.

Who said Green Bay outplayed us? I didn't even hint as such.

But to think Detroit didn't benefit by a pathetic Green Bay gameplan is blind. And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. It's not a bad think to acknowledge that. Happens every week in any game across every manner of sport. Detroit didn't just go in there and rip that game away. If they did, it would have been 35-7. It was a bleh performance by two teams that weren't able to pull away from each other.

And while it's always great winning, the fact that the offense didn't score a TD until the 4th quarter against a pretty bad defense is worrisome, no? If it was week 15 and this same result happened, I'd be totally fine with it. But it's early and we have time to be critical of what we see on the field because they aren't even a 4th of the way through the season. And if this team wants to make it far, they better correct a lot of what happened on Sunday.

Last edited:
I think GB game plan is a good discussion point. We certainly used it enough with Linehan over the years. If we can lose because of a bad game plan why can't we also win because of GB game plan?

all I know is we didn't play very well and we stomped gb. A win like that has both positives and negatives. Ive listed a lot of them.....but all the negative homers just like to point out the negatives :D

Back