Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 NFC Playoff Thread

Give the league a call, let them now they were really close to 10-2. Maybe we'll hang a banner.

I gave up them when I was 5 years old. When they win a playoff game, wake me up.

LOL. No you didn't give up on them

This many injuries is not the NFL. This is beyond normal. Entire Oline (and backups) and Dline sans Robinson but backups hurt is not normal. Davis 2 games. QB ankle and hand. Starting RB. Starting SS done. 3rd WR deep threat a lot of year injured, kick/punt returner, top power back a lot of year, punter first 6

It became too much the last two weeks. Then you have refs for Atlanta loss too.

Lions are ridiculously close to being 10-2 or 9-3. Let's see how they finish

You should not be giving up on them until they get that 7th loss if you look at the tiebreakers and other playoff contenders schedule

u r such a drama queen. The entire OL and their backups. :tup:

Trust me, I used to be incredibly passionate about this team.

And then when I became old enough to have solid reasoning, I stopped putting my emotions into them. I watch, I pay attention, I hope they become a reasonable franchise in the future. Until then, I'm apathetic.

They can bring me back someday. But they aren't worth my passion. They don't give a damn about us, so there's no reason to get all worked up about it.

u r such a drama queen. The entire OL and their backups. :tup:

Decker PUP missed, Swanson missed many games 4+. Wagner hurt a lot of year with ankle now out and could miss many crucial games. Lang missed multiple big games and now has toe injury.
Top backup tackle in Corey Robinson on PUP. Greg Robinson IR. Joe Dahl IR. Zach Kerin IR. Emmett Cleary missed games with injury. It's insane.

Glasgow only healthy player. And Mihalik healthy as backup

Ansah back, shoulder, ankle, knee injuries all year and missed time
C Washington shoulder injury now
Hyder and Ngata and Jordan Hill IR

So many Dline injuries.

Decker PUP missed, Swanson missed many games 4+. Wagner hurt a lot of year with ankle now out and could miss many crucial games. Lang missed multiple big games and now has toe injury.
Top backup tackle in Corey Robinson on PUP. Greg Robinson IR. Joe Dahl IR. Zach Kerin IR. Emmett Cleary missed games with injury. It's insane.

Glasgow only healthy player. And Mihalik healthy as backup

Ansah back, shoulder, ankle, knee injuries all year and missed time
C Washington shoulder injury now
Hyder and Ngata and Jordan Hill IR

So many Dline injuries.

typical for the NFL

Jags,Eagles ,Vikings , Saints, Rams, all were crappy last season and the Vikings and Packers are on back up qb's, and yet the Lions still managed to screw up the season and are on the brink of being left out of the playoffs yet again . From the owner down to the players just another year of failure for the same old lions. Embarrassing ..

SOL FOREVER!!!!

Jags,Eagles ,Vikings , Saints, Rams, all were crappy last season and the Vikings and Packers are on back up qb's, and yet the Lions still managed to screw up the season and are on the brink of being left out of the playoffs yet again . From the owner down to the players just another year of failure for the same old lions. Embarrassing ..

SOL FOREVER!!!!

The Lions lack of talent on the front seven destroyed this season. Not a solid starter throughout

The Lions lack of talent on the front seven destroyed this season. Not a solid starter throughout

Ansah, Hyder and Ngata are all good to solid. Robinson is good too but everyone around him is hurt. They have been hurt. Davis has talent but rookie problems in coverage. Whitehead is playing well. JRM was doing well then hurt. Worrliow was hurt. Davis missed two big games early against Falcons and Vikings.

Tons of injuries in the front 7 this year and the Oline

It's not lack of talent. It's lack of health. That being said, they will go heavy Dline in FA and the draft. Ngata and Hyder injuries tough to come back from and rely on. Ansah a FA and all depends on price

I wonder if there is a single player in the Lions front 7 that would start for MN.

Ansah, healthy Ngata and Robinson would be the starters. Hunter would be the LE

Also imagine if Griffen was hurt all year and playing hurt like Ansah, Vikings IR Linval Joseph Week 5 (Ngata) and Hunter goes on IR in preseason. And backup pass rushing DT Tom Johnson goes on IR in preseason like Jordan Hill. That is the equivalent to the Lions issues. Kendricks misses two games like Davis and WLB Ben Gedeon a few games (Worrilow/JRM)

Vikings would have no pass rush either

I'd be ok with the Lions 3rd string QB being magically better than the starter and backup too like Keenum is. Vikings lucky to find out Keenum can play.

And Lions made playoffs with Abdullah out all year so I'm ok with the Cooks injury

Last edited:
Ansah, healthy Ngata and Robinson would be the starters. Hunter would be the LE

I think all 3 LBs and both defensive ends. Not sure on Robinson and Ngata vs. the interior of the MN line.

So basically 5 of the 7 for sure and the other 2 could be a wash.

I think all 3 LBs and both defensive ends. Not sure on Robinson and Ngata vs. the interior of the MN line.

So basically 5 of the 7 for sure and the other 2 could be a wash.

Ansah healthy over Griffen. Ngata over Joseph. Robinson over Johnson. Hunter only Dline starter

Whitehead over Gedeon
Kendricks over Davis but could change
Barr over JRM or Worrilow

Slay over Rhodes
Quin and Smith are equal
Wilson or Killebrew over Sendejo
Waynes over Hayden/Lawson
Diggs over Alexander
Plus Tabor waiting in the wings could beat out Waynes eventually

Lions better Dline and secondary. Vikings better LBs at two spots but Davis could grow at Mike

Whatever. They are 10-2 and won the North. Don't give a shit about all these weird ass matchups.

Whatever. They are 10-2 and won the North. Don't give a shit about all these weird ass matchups.

They were healthier. Lions beat them in their house when having proper health. Vikings are lucky the Lions got injured and Rodgers got injured.

Proper health?

Yeah, other than Dalvin Cook's leg exploding, they were good.

Back