Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 NFC Playoff Thread

We just don't own a tie break against anyone in front of us. And 10-6 will be the worst wild card playoff record in the NFC this year.

Our only change is if Atlanta loses it's last 2 games against the Saints and Carolina and finished 9-7 and Seattle loses 3 of it's last 4 against the Jags, Rams, Cowboys and Cardinals. I don't think Seattle loses 3 of those games.

Our only change is if Atlanta loses it's last 2 games against the Saints and Carolina and finished 9-7 and Seattle loses 3 of it's last 4 against the Jags, Rams, Cowboys and Cardinals. I don't think Seattle loses 3 of those games.

Divisional tiebreak rule works in favor of the Lions, need to tie with both South teams to get in.

Lions should hold the tiebreak over the Seahawks in a win-out scenario.

Divisional tiebreak rule works in favor of the Lions, need to tie with both South teams to get in.

Lions should hold the tiebreak over the Seahawks in a win-out scenario.

yeah I just checked that against the seahawks. Right now we are 3-1 against common opponents and the seahawks are 2-2 with another game against the cardinals remaining.

don't forget about the 2 teams that are tied with the Lions as well. There could be tiebreakers with them.

Even IF they win out...it's still a longshot.

don't forget about the 2 teams that are tied with the Lions as well. There could be tiebreakers with them.

Cowboys-Seahawks will probably sort things out

If the Lions can't beat the Packers, then they're done anyway.

We own the tie break over GB and Dallas right now.

Wins tie break over Dallas based on best win percentage in common games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Green Bay (Detroit wins tie break over Green Bay based on head-to-head win percentage).
Wins tie break over Green Bay based on head-to-head win percentage.

Rodgers probably comes back next week. They have @Carolina, Minnesota and @ Detroit. He'll make sure we finish 9-7.

Phi not allowed to win this game... wentz injured. Not allowed to win games if people get injured.

Seattle, sitting in the 7 seed, controls it's own destiny to win the NFC West if they beat the Rams at home next week.

Really? I thought that's not what we wanted?

Well if we are going to end up 10-6 I want them in the playoffs. Lions will screw up any draft pick anyway .. might as well be in the playoffs .. which I doubt will happen.

Back