Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 Playoffs - Astros electronic sign stealing - Now Astros fire Luhnow and Hinch

I couldn't watch because ATT is in a contract dispute with Fox and we don't get Fox until it's over.

I have att phones and Internet but shitty directtv. Didn't start watching until bottom of the ninth. It was all ticker up to then. Weird I can have it though.

Last edited:
Dodgers were 98-0 leading after eight innings this year and Gonzalez's homer off of a Jensen was a 0-2 pitch. First road tying homer in the ninth since 1975 Dwight Evans.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2017/10/26/justin-verlander-world-series/802630001/
World Series: Astros rally keeps Justin Verlander from history repeat.
Freep

According to Baseball-Reference.com, Verlander became the first starting pitcher in World Series history to allow three runs on two hits ? both home runs.
If the score would have held ? the Houston Astros came back to win, 7-6 ? Verlander would have become the first starting pitcher since Whitey Ford in 1963 to allow two or fewer hits and take the loss in a World Series game.
Ford?s opponent? The Los Angeles Dodgers.

The game featured eight home runs, which was not only a World Series record more than the total of all seven games in last season?s series between the Chicago Cubs and Cleveland Indians. There were five extra-inning home runs, also a record.

Darvish KTFO before he can finish the 2nd inning.

Must suck to only get the 2nd best SP at the trade deadline..

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Dodgers tying the series @ 2 apiece, ensures a return to LA, and a Game 6 with JV on the mound as SP for Houston. Since Kershaw is pitching in tonight's game, Game 6 might be a do or die for the Astros, not the Dodgers.

Dodgers up 4-0 with Kershaw on the mound in the 4th.

Calling it.
Dodgers up 3-2 in the series heading home sadly :/

Last edited:
Back