Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2020 Draft

tomdalton22

This team is terrible. They have 25 games left and their schedule is pretty tough.

Here are the only games they have left vs. teams under 0.500 and all but one are on the road.

@ Suns
@ kings
@ Knicks
vs Magic
@ Nets
@ Knicks

I think they have a good shot at being one of the worst 3, which all have the same odds to get the #1 overall pick.

Who are the best players coming out? I watch some college basketball but not enough to know the big names this year.

I want Wiseman Toppin or Hampton.... In that order. I really like Hampton but it seems his stock has fallen recently... We will know A LOT more about who's going when after the tourney ends TBH.

Yes I would do that trade in a heart beat. maybe even get the Celtics to throw in a young body far down its bench. But yes I like the deal.

Last edited:
14, 26, and 30 are a big Difference. Celtic now have to throw in a player far down on the bench.

So here is a mock that had that trade with the Celtics.

In that scenario the Celtics took Tyrese Hailburton, G Iowa St

Pistons
14. Detroit Pistons (via Celtics): Cole Anthony (North Carolina, PG, Freshman)
26. Detroit Pistons (via Celtics): Zeke Nnaji (Arizona, PF/C, Freshman)
30. Detroit Pistons (via Celtics): Desmond Bane (TCU, SG, Senior)

Pistons are going to suck again next year. I say do the 3 for one. Maybe they can get 1 2021 first for Rose as well.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-up-anthony-edwards-falls-to-hornets-at-no-3/

This mock has the Pistons trading up to #1 and taking Ball

The Timberwolves reportedly want to trade down, and the Pistons reportedly want to trade up with a close eye on Ball, so this makes sense. The deal could look something like No. 1 and James Johnson for No. 7, Detroit's 2022 first-round pick (maybe with protections) and Tony Snell. That way the Wolves get a win-now piece and a future asset, while the Pistons get a potential franchise player to commence the rebuild without losing their pick in next year's loaded 2021 draft class.

If the rumors are true about Bell tanking interviews to get drafted later this would learn him.

If the rumors are true about Bell tanking interviews to get drafted later this would learn him.

Apparently that came from a Charlotte beat writer which sounds like he is trying to tank the pick.

Think Ball has only interviewed with Minn so far so that is a bit rich of an article off of 1 interview.

Wouldn't want to go to D'angelo tho as I am sure Lonzo has told him all about him.

Apparently that came from a Charlotte beat writer which sounds like he is trying to tank the pick.

Think Ball has only interviewed with Minn so far so that is a bit rich of an article off of 1 interview.

Wouldn't want to go to D'angelo tho as I am sure Lonzo has told him all about him.
I thought I heard it from somewhere else I must be wrong. You get Bell you get his Dad. Thanks.

given two choices in this draft

1) Trade up to #1 and take Ball (probably cost a future #1 as well)
2) Trade down with Boston for #14, #26 & #30

I would prefer to trade down. This team needs an entire re-build. Throw 3 darts, suck next year, maybe in position for the #1 overall pick next year. Plus, I'm not sold on Ball.

Trade down for me. Or stick and grab a big man, if any are worthy.

given two choices in this draft

1) Trade up to #1 and take Ball (probably cost a future #1 as well)
2) Trade down with Boston for #14, #26 & #30

I would prefer to trade down. This team needs an entire re-build. Throw 3 darts, suck next year, maybe in position for the #1 overall pick next year. Plus, I'm not sold on Ball.

3rd option would be to get a high pick for next year's draft and hopefuly double dip next year and have a chance at a franchise player.

Back