Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2024 MLB Draft July 14th - July 16th - Tigers Draft SS Bryce Rainer 1st Round

I really don't know any of these kids, but I was watching the tigers ML report stream and Chris Brown likes him alot and I generally fall in line with what he says. 6'3" athletic kid who is definitely expected to stick at SS.

Braden Montgomery went next so we'll have our usual debate about taking the HS kid over the fast track college bat.

Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 60 | Run: 55 | Arm: 60 | Field: 50 | Overall: 60

Though a MLB Network guy said the arm is 70.

Tigers draft SS Bryce Rainer with No. 11 overall pick.
Tigers official site

Tigers select SS Bryce Rainer with their first pick of the 2024 MLB Draft.
The left-handed hitter should stick at the shortstop position and has plenty of power and hit potential.
BYBTB

Tigers take Bryce Rainer, high school shortstop, at No. 11 in MLB Draft.
Detnews

Meet the Detroit Tigers' top 2024 MLB draft pick: Bryce Rainer.
Freep

Detroit Tigers select high school shortstop Bryce Rainer with No. 11 pick in 2024 MLB draft.
Freep

MLB Draft 2024: Tigers select prep shortstop with No. 11 pick.
Mlive

The Detroit Tigers selected Edmond North High School (Oklahoma) right-handed pitcher Owen Hall with the No. 49 overall pick in the 2024 MLB draft.

Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 50 | Slider: 55 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 50 | Overall: 50

No. 72 pick, Detroit Tigers: LHP Ethan Schiefelbein, Corona Senior HS (California)

Scouting grades: Fastball: 50 | Curveball: 50 | Slider: 55 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45

85th pick, Josh Randell P
6' 4" 240lbs | DOB: 10/15/02
University of San Diego (CA)

Former C.

Scouting grades: Fastball: 55 | Slider: 55 | Changeup: 45 | Control: 45 | Overall: 45

114th pick, Michael Massey
RHP, Wake Forest

Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 50 | Slider: 60 | Changeup: 40 | Control: 45 | Overall: 45

147th pick, Jack Penney
  • 3B/SS
  • B/T: L/R
  • 6' 1"/190
Wasn't top 250 so I can't find any info on him..

JUNIOR SEASON (2024)

• Started all three games at shortstop for the Irish, scoring three times, tallying seven walks, and stealing a base in the season-opening sweep of Rice (February 16-18).
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2023)

• Played in and started 46 games as a sophomore
  • Slashed .241/.453/.347 with 41 hits, 38 runs, 27 RBI, four doubles, one triple and 10 home runs (tied for the team lead in home runs)

Back