Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Abdullah Signs

There was no protection or run support. He had protection in 2013. MAJOR Oline injuries in 2014. Two RTs, RG, LG playing hurt, Lt for 2 games. Plus Calvin, Bush and TE injuries.

Stafford was clutch in close games and limited turnovers on 600 attempts. He was anything good about our offense in 2014. Great year for Stafford. Outstanding says Mayhew. Mayhew>all of you combined.

It's not a circle. It's different injury circumstances. More injuries in 2014 and still very good play by Stafford in 2014.

Stafford Stats when the game is within 7 points:
157/259 60.6% 10 Tds, 7ints, 83.6 Rating

4th QTR within 7 points:
39/68 57.4% 2 Tds, 1 Int, 79.8 Rating

Stafford within 14 points:
236/397 59.4%, 14 TDs, 10 Ints, 80.7 Rating

umm...Yea "Clutch"

Last edited:
Stafford Stats when the game is within 7 points:
157/259 60.6% 10 Tds, 7ints, 83.6 Rating

4th QTR within 7 points:
39/68 57.4% 2 Tds, 1 Int, 79.8 Rating

Stafford within 14 points:
236/397 59.4%, 14 TDs, 10 Ints, 80.7 Rating

umm...Yea "Clutch"

Saints game, Falcons game, Vikings game, at Bears game (entire second half), Dolphins, Packers game. As clutch as they come. Many big time throws for first downs and some big TDs. No matter the protection issues.

Giants game, at Jets game, at Vikings, Bucs ,Bears games we won those games easily.

Pats/Packers had some good coverage and got good pass rush. Same with Carolina (plus missed FGs and Bell/Ross fumbles). Cards had good coverage too and Bills have a top 5 defense.

Last edited:
I broke all three gifs down perfectly. I know about progressions (you all seem to ignore them), I know about Fuller's issue previously with the press (which is why Stafford may throw a backshoulder ball) and I know about the height difference between Fuller and Jennings.

It's pathetic you guys can't follow the simple things I say.

You're still calling it press coverage when the DB didn't touch Fuller until he was 10+ yards into his route. I'm done feeding you troll. Go get food from someone else.

You're still calling it press coverage when the DB didn't touch Fuller until he was 10+ yards into his route. I'm done feeding you troll. Go get food from someone else.

I never said that play was press you idiot. I said Fuller couldn't beat press all season. This is why you don't understand what I say. Because you are idiots who can't follow a conversatoin.

I never said that play was press you idiot. I said Fuller couldn't beat press all season. This is why you don't understand what I say. Because you are idiots who can't follow a conversatoin.

Careful dangerous to try and backpedal that quickly.

In response to this question:

So your tape knowledge tells you that Stafford was unable to anticipate the WR would get open. He does not understand his own players and the opposing defenders enough to understand what will happen?

You LKP stated:
Fuller typically doesn't beat the press that quickly. The throw was to the right spot. Stafford has a better deep ball than most in the league.

Either you can't follow conversation, or you simply don't know what you are talking about. I'm going with the latter.

Careful dangerous to try and backpedal that quickly.

In response to this question:

So your tape knowledge tells you that Stafford was unable to anticipate the WR would get open. He does not understand his own players and the opposing defenders enough to understand what will happen?

You LKP stated:
Fuller typically doesn't beat the press that quickly. The throw was to the right spot. Stafford has a better deep ball than most in the league.

Either you can't follow conversation, or you simply don't know what you are talking about. I'm going with the latter.

You can't follow the conversation. Where did I say the Bears had press on that play. I didn't. I was talking about all season, Fuller wasn't beating the press. So Stafford would take a few yards off the throw. You are the one now not following what I was saying. Plus with the height difference, a throw like that makes sense.

here is the problem. If he doesn't improve that means he is likely outside the top 10 QBs in the league but inside the top 20. Let's say for argument sake he is the 15th best QB in the league. The likelyhood of getting someone better is slim. That said...if you restructure you are easily going to have to pay him "franchise" QB money because of the current contract he is in. Again...the player will have the organization by the balls.

Slim to get a top 15 QB? Teams do it, draft one. Draft two. If we restructure, with his current play, dumbest organization ever.

Slim to get a top 15 QB? Teams do it, draft one. Draft two. If we restructure, with his current play, dumbest organization ever.

His play has been good. I hope they extend him after this season.

You can't follow the conversation. Where did I say the Bears had press on that play. I didn't. I was talking about all season, Fuller wasn't beating the press. So Stafford would take a few yards off the throw. You are the one now not following what I was saying. Plus with the height difference, a throw like that makes sense.

So let me get this straight, when they play press it slows down Fuller, so when they don't play press Stafford doesn't understand he needs to add something to the throw, because he won't be held up at the line?
If Matt is really that dumb he needs to benched.

Why can't you just admit it was a shitty throw? 1 shitty throw doesn't make Stafford bad at all.
It's a combination of all his inconsistent play that makes him average.

Stafford is an easy contract to cut after the season. Bring in a competent vet, If Rivers somehow becomes a FA, go after him. If not, you can get a Cousins, Foles or Davis, Or Moore if they think he is showing anything. Someone of that caliber and pick up a QB in a 2016 Draft that could have a number of good prospects in the 1st round.

If you need too you can keep Stafford for 2016 and still draft a QB. However, if he has another season like the past 3 you need to start thinking replacement. Of course I was on board using a 3rd or so on a QB this year.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, when they play press it slows down Fuller, so when they don't play press Stafford doesn't understand he needs to add something to the throw, because he won't be held up at the line?
If Matt is really that dumb he needs to benched.

Why can't you just admit it was a shitty throw? 1 shitty throw doesn't make Stafford bad at all.
It's a combination of all his inconsistent play that makes him average.

Height advantage too. It was not a bad throw. and it was PI. Shows more how the refs screw us.

Last edited:
Stafford is an easy contract to cut after the season. Bring in a competent vet, If Rivers somehow becomes a FA, go after him. If not, you can get a Cousins, Foles or Davis, Or Moore if they think he is showing anything. Someone of that caliber and pick up a QB in a 2016 Draft that could have a number of good prospects in the 1st round.

If you need too you can keep Stafford for 2016 and still draft a QB. However, if he has another season like the past 3 you need to start thinking replacement. Of course I was on board using a 3rd or so on a QB this year.

Stafford will be extended after this season.

Give him another 3 year 53 million dollar deal. Another 27.5 signing bonus
4 base+5.5+5.5 (2nd SB)=15 million cap hit (7.5 million in savings compared to 22)
6 base+5.5+.5-17 million cap hit (5 million in savings compared to the 22 number for 2017)
12+5=17.5 million cap hit for 2018
17+5.5=22.5 cap hit for 2019
19.5+.5.5=25 million cap hit for 2020

25.5 in base added, gets his other 33 base he was owed in 16/17 and he gets another nice signing bonus.

No brainer to extend him. 2019 the cap will be very high to hand 22.5 million

He would be tied 15th in cap hit in 2016 and 10th in cap hit in 2017. Tied to the Lions through 2018 really.

Last edited:
:lmao:

:ugh:

:shrug:

:nuts:

:p

:bat:

:nod:

:cheers:

It's happening. You don't want 7.5 million and 5 million more in cap room in 2016 and 2017 compared to what we have now. It would be another great deal.

It's happening. You don't want 7.5 million and 5 million more in cap room in 2016 and 2017 compared to what we have now. It would be another great deal.

I'd give him away for 2 round pick right now. That's what I feel..

Give him another 3 year 53 million dollar deal. Another 27.5 signing bonus
4 base+5.5+5.5 (2nd SB)=15 million cap hit (7.5 million in savings compared to 22)
6 base+5.5+.5-17 million cap hit (5 million in savings compared to the 22 number for 2017)
12+5=17.5 million cap hit for 2018
17+5.5=22.5 cap hit for 2019
19.5+.5.5=25 million cap hit for 2020

25.5 in base added, gets his other 33 base he was owed in 16/17 and he gets another nice signing bonus.

No brainer to extend him. 2019 the cap will be very high to hand 22.5 million

He would be tied 15th in cap hit in 2016 and 10th in cap hit in 2017. Tied to the Lions through 2018 really.

Why does Stafford do this? It makes no sense for him. Under Your scenario He makes 37.5 million in 2016/17. That is the hard money he would make. He then makes 48.5 Million the next 3 years. Total 86 million.

If he plays out his contract He makes 33.5 Million. Then say he signs a contract like Newton. Thats another 67.7 million in the next three. 101.2 million.

So accepting the contract you spell out has him miss out on 15 million over five years.

If Stafford somehow manages to put together a few good years in a row, with the way the cap is going he will get a larger contract than newton got. So really the only reason Stafford would accept the deal you proposed if he has no confidence in himself. Which based on the last 3 years might now be a bad deal, But it appears Stafford has all the confidence in the world in himself, he will go after that payday.

Why does Stafford do this? It makes no sense for him. Under Your scenario He makes 37.5 million in 2016/17. That is the hard money he would make. He then makes 48.5 Million the next 3 years. Total 86 million.

If he plays out his contract He makes 33.5 Million. Then say he signs a contract like Newton. Thats another 67.7 million in the next three. 101.2 million.

So accepting the contract you spell out has him miss out on 15 million over five years. 25.5 new base, 27.5 SB and 33 million is all in there.

If Stafford somehow manages to put together a few good years in a row, with the way the cap is going he will get a larger contract than newton got. So really the only reason Stafford would accept the deal you proposed if he has no confidence in himself. Which based on the last 3 years might now be a bad deal, But it appears Stafford has all the confidence in the world in himself, he will go after that payday.

He gets another 17.6 per. And he still gets the 33 he was owed under this scenario.

Another 27.5 SB is why he would do it. He would get 31.5 in one year instead of over 2. Plus year 1-3 base salaries would be guaranteed. Deals like this are done all the time.

You think he deserves 19 per. 3 years 57 million then. Add 1 million to the last 4 years cap number each.

You want 20 per. 3 years 60 million. Add 1 million to 2017 and 2 million to 2018-2020.

Last edited:

So accepting the contract you spell out has him miss out on 15 million over five years.

You had me going for a minute, 3 good years in a row, lol. Good one.

Back