Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ALDS Game #4 Tigers vs. guardians Thursday October 10, 2024

Oh well, putting it all on Skubal in game 5. Bats better finally wake up by then

Frustrating loss.
I was listening to MLB radio today and they were talking about playoff series and teams repeatedly seeing relievers. They pointed out that the more a team sees the bull pen guys the more success they typically have. The longer the series, the more success the hitters will typically have. That is the problem with "bull pen games"

Matchup strategy hits snag in G4, forcing Tigers into Game 5.
Tigers official site

Carpenter exits after tweaking left hamstring scoring in Game 4.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Guardians 5 - Tigers 4: Late dinger and a squeeze dooms Detroiters.
It was a back-and-forth affair, but a two-run home run pushed the visitors ahead to stay.
BYBTB

Tigers fall, will play winner-take-all ALDS Game 5 in Cleveland.
Detnews

For second straight game, Tigers set postseason attendance record.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers lose 5-4 to Guardians in Game 4, setting up hold-your-breath ALDS finale.
Freep

That was quick: Detroit Tigers break Comerica Park record for postseason attendance again.
Freep

Detroit Tigers' Kerry Carpenter exits game after appearing to get hurt running bases.
Freep

How Detroit Tigers top prospect Jackson Jobe fared in Game 4 of ALDS vs Guardians.
Freep

Tigers lose Game 4 on infuriating squeeze bunt as Kerry Carpenter exits with injury.
MCBTB

Guardians beat Tigers in thriller to send ALDS to Game 5: live updates recap.
Mlive

FAN FEEDBACK: DIVISION SERIES GAME #4.
Totally Tigers

We’re breaking tradition again today – and every day the Detroit Tigers are playing October baseball. The day after each game, we’ll be dissecting it. The good and the bad. Hopefully, a lot more good.
Thursday’s game was a struggle for both sides but in the end, it was the Guardians who prevailed. The final score was 5-4.
Today, we’re asking you to share either your biggest highlight or biggest disappointment from that game.
Just keep it to a maximum of 3 sentences please. You get extra points if you respond to other readers to keep the conversations going.

I was listening to MLB radio today and they were talking about playoff series and teams repeatedly seeing relievers. They pointed out that the more a team sees the bull pen guys the more success they typically have. The longer the series, the more success the hitters will typically have. That is the problem with "bull pen games"
I still think Bo threw to good a pitch on a 2-2 count. It was right in his wheel house and he scorched the ball yesterday that Vierling caught. I wish he had elevated it a tad.
I know Monday morning a quarterbacking.

1 run games can go either way. Vogt pushed most of the right buttons in that game. Like AJ did the game before.
Right buttons are an oddity. I mean if AJ uses a PH and gets a hit is it AJ's awesomeness, and if no hit is it AJ's fault? If he brings in a BP guy, does well its AJ awesomeness again, bad it's his fault again? Takes a SP out after 5 innings, BP does well vs him doing terrible? I think manager's can help a team at times but end of the day it's all about the players.

Right buttons are an oddity. I mean if AJ uses a PH and gets a hit is it AJ's awesomeness, and if no hit is it AJ's fault? If he brings in a BP guy, does well its AJ awesomeness again, bad it's his fault again? Takes a SP out after 5 innings, BP does well vs him doing terrible? I think manager's can help a team at times but end of the day it's all about the players.
Not when the players aren't that good.

FAN FEEDBACK: DIVISION SERIES GAME #4.
Totally Tigers

We’re breaking tradition again today – and every day the Detroit Tigers are playing October baseball. The day after each game, we’ll be dissecting it. The good and the bad. Hopefully, a lot more good.
Thursday’s game was a struggle for both sides but in the end, it was the Guardians who prevailed. The final score was 5-4.
Today, we’re asking you to share either your biggest highlight or biggest disappointment from that game.
Just keep it to a maximum of 3 sentences please. You get extra points if you respond to other readers to keep the conversations going.
my takeaways

Jobe isn't ready and shouldn't be on the roster
you need more than one starter to have success in the post season

They got us in the playoffs didn't they? Every one of them helped. It wasn't just Skubal and two other guys.
Why do you make arguments out of everything? I'm not shitting on aj or the players yesterday. Mainly pointing out that Vogt was pretty damn good yesterday and made more right calls.

The 2 biggest moments were Vogt sticking with fry as the ph when AJ brought in Brieske and calling the squeeze to get the add on run.

Last edited:
my takeaways

Jobe isn't ready and shouldn't be on the roster
you need more than one starter to have success in the post season
When Jobe came out for the 9th inning I figured Vest wasn't available, but then vest came in so it didn't make much sense to me why he tried a 2nd inning of Jobe. I wouldve preferred holding Jobe for extras and used Vest and Foley late. Hell even Montero should've been available. He only threw 6 pitches the day before.

Back