Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Any news on if Fairley isplaying monday?

I notice that the teams playing Detroit seem to all have the same idea, get the ball and get it out quick. Don't let our line have time to smack your face. Less sacks but the job gets done, CB don't have to cover as long and we have better LB so those damn short throws aren't there like the past two years. I hope he plays and I hope Durant is back. So they can smack their face.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I notice that the teams playing Detroit seem to all have the same idea, get the ball and get it out quick. Don't let our line have time to smack your face. Less sacks but the job gets done, CB don't have to cover as long and we have better LB so those damn short throws aren't there like the past two years. I hope he plays and I hope Durant is back. So they can smack their face.

Durant is out with a concussion?

He was but those are week to week. So I hope he's back.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]He was but those are week to week. So I hope he's back.

I'm not as concerned with Durante being out as I am w/ tbe secondary playing better. Carpenter actually played pretty well last game and I think he will be able to produce on Monday as well.

I'm more worried about the CBs playing 3 yards from the wr instead of trying to jam them at the line

Yeah I was pissed how far are coners were playing off from the recievers... I seen Houston Playing over 10 yards off from that Robinson scrub, not hard to run a slant route when the corners playing that far off from you... Thankfully it seemed like he started playing some press after that... Is that the defensive cordinators decision (on the amount of cushion to give a wr) or is that the corners preference? Anyone know?

gunther is more worried about giving up the big play, he believes in his linebacking core more than his corners. thats y they play off like that, linebacker zoning in the middle specificallyh

murktastic said:
gunther is more worried about giving up the big play, he believes in his linebacking core more than his corners. thats y they play off like that, linebacker zoning in the middle specificallyh

Yeah this is it. We have better linebackers this season so play to the strenths. Not sure I want wideouts running past our CB. Though at times when they complete s short pass, I'm screaming at the TV - play up, bump and run, man to man. Lol.

That's a shame because Houston looked very good when he was playing up on Robinson... Wonder if they will try that out some more at all

sunnydlitex123 said:
Glover's GF told me that he will be playing this Sunday

Interesting, whom will he be playing for? The Lions don't play until Monday.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]He was but those are week to week. So I hope he's back.

It's an article on espn with Carpenter talking about not buying into the hype and facing the bears. The fact that they took his answers (instead of someone else) leads me to believe that he'll be in for the monday night game........ that or they're riding his balls for sticking it to romo with that int for a score.

Fairley practiced yesterday (Wednesday). We need Durant on screens/swing passes to the RB he is straight cash homie on those and Forte is one of the best at breaking big ones.

Back