Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anyone else get zapped by that virus?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]No problems here on my PC. I never get virus.

Same.

Most viruses still require some kind of an executable permission from the user, so most likely if you are getting viruses, malware/spyware etc., you are clicking stuff you should not be.

And most decent up-to-date anti-virus run real time protection, and keep you well protected.

In short, viruses are like STD's, you don't get an STD from looking at a dirty hooker, you get it from touching her.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
Basically, yes. And until the majority of people have Macs - it will likely stay this way. And since Macs are $1000+ I doubt the majority of people will be getting them any time soon.

So when we all own Mac's, what will you think happens? That's right, people will design virus for Mac's. That's the one advantage of being less popular.

Some things never change. My wife convinced me we need a Mac, I struggled with the $1300 to spend on one. (I am a tight ass) but after 6 months, ill never own anything but a Mac!

You guys on there saying "I never get viruses on my computer" and smugly assuming it's someone else's problem: I USED TO BE JUST LIKE YOU.

[flash=350,287:72po8rcr]http://www.youtube.com/v/CxJi9qGX-ls&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:72po8rcr]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[flash=350,287:bhhicx0y]http://www.youtube.com/v/CxJi9qGX-ls&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:bhhicx0y]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
{
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>
I know it fake, but it's still disturbing.

MichChamp02 said:
You guys on there saying "I never get viruses on my computer" and smugly assuming it's someone else's problem: I USED TO BE JUST LIKE YOU.

It didn't look like I assumed, did I :)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
MichChamp02 said:

It didn't look like I assumed, did I :)

Nah, it was me that assumed, but I was right, so that makes it ok.

Back