Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bonderman called up

Jeremy Bonderman will join club in Cleveland on Monday and wear #38.

Last edited:
Al is really good w risp less than 2 outs. Not much contact

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yikes! Best ERA and don't belong?
You are a tough hombre.

Magglio could use you in Venezuela. He's running for Mayor in a small town there and needs protection from the banditos.:nod:

Best ERA where?

Reed is organizational fodder. 27 year old rookies do not last long, generally because they made it due to a "fluke" season. Bonderman has decent MLB stats prior to his injury.

Look up Rebbiv - Look up!
You posted b/4 I edited.

I know -- I know!! ERAs are not the Determinator (my new word:hehe:)

Last edited:
Look up Rebbiv - Look up!
You posted b/4 I edited.

I know -- I know!! ERAs are not the Determinator (my new word:hehe:)

Just because I start a response and the wife talks to me before finishing, does not necessarily I saw your post before I hit "post".

Again, as a 27-year old Rookie, who has done virtually nothing prior to this year, he should be the odd man out. Personally, I don't even understand how he made it on the 40-man roster in the 1st place.

And if we judge every reliever on his ERA over 18.0 IP, lord help us. Additionally....

Reed 18.0 IP 11 R 6 ER = 3.00 ERA, but 5.50 Runs Against
Reed has had more runs (5) that were consider not EARNED runs than the rest of the entire bull pen (2). He was more lucky, than good.

Coke 32.3 IP 19 R 19 ER

Putkonen 20.6 IP 7 R 6 ER

Al Al 29.6 IP 16 R 16 ER

Rondon 16.0 IP 9 R 9 ER

Rebbiv

You view Reed on his lifetime.
I view Reed on what he's done recently in Detroit.

Players change once in a while. Every now & then someone like Reed gets on a little roll. Sometimes the roll lasts a month - sometimes it fizzles sooner.

I just thought Al-Al was the guy that needed to be demoted. Does not mean I like Reed for the remainder of the season. All it means that Reed threw a fit in Leyland's office when the demotion was announced and even Jim says Reed has a good reason to bark his tail off about being cut.

Last edited:
You view Reed on his lifetime.
I view Reed on what he's done recently in Detroit.

Players change once in a while. Every now & then someone like Reed gets on a little roll. Sometimes the roll lasts a month - sometimes it fizzles sooner.

I just thought Al-Al was the guy that needed to be demoted. Does not mean I like Reed for the remainder of the season. All it means that Reed threw a fit in Leyland's office when the demotion was announced and even Jim says Reed has a good reason to bark his tail off about being cut.

Rarely, do players "reinvent" themselves after the age of 25. Certainly, they can have a "career" and/or "fluke" season. It happens and you you should probably ride them while they are hot. But, why was he on the 40-man roster in the first place? Because until this year, quite frankly, he sucked.

Rarely, do players "reinvent" themselves after the age of 25. Certainly, they can have a "career" and/or "fluke" season. It happens and you you should probably ride them while they are hot. But, why was he on the 40-man roster in the first place? Because until this year, quite frankly, he sucked.

True but this isn't about reinvention but as simple as "having a nice year."

Hell, look at Veras? His walk rate was quite high in his career and yet this year its been much better. Since the trade its been perfect.

3 years in fine when looking at making a trade for guy you expect to be here for awhile but if he's either a rental or in this case, a RP who is just trying to stick around for a playoff run, 2013 is all that matters. And compared to AA hasn't been that bad.

And Bonderman, please. I'd be pissed too if I was replaced my an old vet who just got resigned by the organization to make my place so quickly.

Fuck, if they really want the best RP then dump Coke's ass..

True but this isn't about reinvention but as simple as "having a nice year."

Hell, look at Veras? His walk rate was quite high in his career and yet this year its been much better. Since the trade its been perfect.

3 years in fine when looking at making a trade for guy you expect to be here for awhile but if he's either a rental or in this case, a RP who is just trying to stick around for a playoff run, 2013 is all that matters. And compared to AA hasn't been that bad.

And Bonderman, please. I'd be pissed too if I was replaced my an old vet who just got resigned by the organization to make my place so quickly.

Fuck, if they really want the best RP then dump Coke's ass..

Mitch, do you read everything I write? Because I mentioned players can have fluke years and you should ride them while they are hot. However, 18 innings by a reliever is hardly a good indicator.

It was more about "my thoughts" on the situation then a direct attack on yours.

Rarely, do players "reinvent" themselves after the age of 25.

I was never discussing reinvention -- YOU DID /WHERE.

I am talking now and have been inside this thread.
You should get on my page / my thought train ... or please jump off the thread.

Lots of MLB websites use stats for the player's last 10 games. Did it ever occur to you why they do that?

Have you ever noticed how players go on teetor-toter rides throughout their careers? Look at Peralta (for an example). That is why I do not like discussing career stats about players on a short ride of good performances.

Leyland admitted Reed had a great excuse for being upset. You (rebbiv) won't find that over at fangraphsdotcom. Variables are a big part of MLB. It's something some analysts and book authors never use

Baseball is unlike any other sport (except perhaps golf) for its fascination with things like roster decisions. It's in the game's DNA that makes it so.

You won't find that at fangraphs.com
I am done with this thread.... see ya'

Last edited:
I was never discussing reinvention -- YOU DID /WHERE.

I am talking now and have been inside this thread.
You should get on my page / my thought train ... or please jump off the thread.

Lots of MLB websites use stats for the player's last 10 games. Did it ever occur to you why they do that?

Have you ever noticed how players go on teetor-toter rides throughout their careers? Look at Peralta (for an example). That is why I do not like discussing career stats about players on a short ride of good performances.

Leyland admitted Reed had a great excuse for being upset. You (rebbiv) won't find that over at fangraphsdotcom. Variables are a big part of MLB. It's something some analysts and book authors never use

Baseball is unlike any other sport (except perhaps golf) for its fascination with things like roster decisions. It's in the game's DNA that makes it so.

You won't find that at fangraphs.com
I am done with this thread.... see ya'

What a waste of bloat. You hardly understand my beliefs and yet you spout as if you knew me for 40 years. Don't hurt your heading walking through the doorway.

Why is it when a hitter has a fluke season over a much larger sample (Iggy) most people (and I believe Motownwebguy was one of them) point out his minor league stats as to how poorly he's going to hit.

But when I (and later Rebbiv) point out a guy like Evan Reed never should have been on our 40 man roster based on his career history, suddenly the only thing that matters is his last 10 games? (or 18 innings however he was trying to justify)

Why is it when a hitter has a fluke season over a much larger sample (Iggy) most people (and I believe Motownwebguy was one of them) point out his minor league stats as to how poorly he's going to hit.

But when I (and later Rebbiv) point out a guy like Evan Reed never should have been on our 40 man roster based on his career history, suddenly the only thing that matters is his last 10 games? (or 18 innings however he was trying to justify)

Because people cherry-pick whatever data they want that supports their viewpoint and ignore the rest. Its a tactic often used by trolls or people who suck at debating (not saying he is either, just pointing it out).

Because Iggy is talked about as a long term option. So its fair to discuss his inability to hit in the minors.

Reed, on the other hand, is a short term solution so it makes more sense to talk about what he's currently doing compared to say, AA or Bonderman.

Back