Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

I don't know the differences between coding methods, but given what we know (and don't/can't know), a factor of 2 doesn't bother me. It doesn't suggest to me that the numbers are cooked.

Don?t you mean ?nuh uh. To all points??

I f anyone thinks there could be a contagion that could only be exposed to people miles away from everyone else - including each other, and pass over everyone else, I got a bridge to nowhere I?d like to show that person.

I guess it happened once for Jewish people in Egypt, but story is that pathogen did not conform to standard scientific models.

Hopefully that person you have in mind just got a stimulus check - not sure it matters what color he or she is but if you sell that bridge to a black persons from Atlanta, be prepared for some significant backlash.

Of course, I?m assuming you want to sell the bridge and not just point it out to them.

If you don't want to reveal details about your friend, that makes sense. But I'm curious how this happened. Who diagnosed your friend and how did it come about? A work thing?

No idea how he got it. Our boss was sick as well and stayed home two weeks prior. He simply told me that he called his doctor and talked to a nurse who told him to stay home and that he had COVID 19. He was in bad shape for a while and still feels fatigued.

Hopefully that person you have in mind just got a stimulus check - not sure it matters what color he or she is but if you sell that bridge to a black persons from Atlanta, be prepared for some significant backlash.

Of course, I?m assuming you want to sell the bridge and not just point it out to them.

Right.

I guess the idiom about the Brooklyn Bridge more commonly uses ?sell? as opposed to ?show,? although I?ve heard both.

I prefer show, because, obviously, only an idiot would buy the Brooklyn Bridge sight unseen.

"‘China did a lot of things right at the beginning, like any country where a virus first shows up,' the Microsoft co-founder told CNN on Sunday.

‘They can look back and say where they missed some things."

Bill Gates is delusional, disingenuous, and distorts the facts, and the media is eating out of his hand.

"?China did a lot of things right at the beginning, like any country where a virus first shows up,' the Microsoft co-founder told CNN on Sunday.

?They can look back and say where they missed some things."

Bill Gates is delusional, disingenuous, and distorts the facts, and the media is eating out of his hand.

No to mention the mileage the Chinese communist party is getting from his nonsense.

"?China did a lot of things right at the beginning, like any country where a virus first shows up,' the Microsoft co-founder told CNN on Sunday.

?They can look back and say where they missed some things."

He's guilty of the same BS Google, Disney, the NBA, the President, and everyone else that wants to work with China is guilty of. When people ask questions about China, he's obviously trying to dodge. It's disappointing, but not surprising. Let me know if you find an example of anyone in a similar position doing it differently with any success.

Right.

I guess the idiom about the Brooklyn Bridge more commonly uses ?sell? as opposed to ?show,? although I?ve heard both.

I prefer show, because, obviously, only an idiot would buy the Brooklyn Bridge sight unseen.

The man who designed and engineered the Brooklyn Bridge never saw it. He died before construction began.

And one of the two towers (the Manhattan side) still sits on sand, 80 feet below the water. It was too costly and lethal to dig deeper. Many workers got the bends from being in the caisson that emulated the conditions of diving. And the bed rock was another 30 feet down from where the bottom of the Manhattan tower sits.

He's guilty of the same BS Google, Disney, the NBA, the President, and everyone else that wants to work with China is guilty of. When people ask questions about China, he's obviously trying to dodge. It's disappointing, but not surprising. Let me know if you find an example of anyone in a similar position doing it differently with any success.

That's a bit of a distraction in itself. The "everyone is doing it" defense. We are all familiar with the quote attributed to Edmund Burke, among others.

That's a bit of a distraction in itself. The "everyone is doing it" defense. We are all familiar with the quote attributed to Edmund Burke, among others.

When and how that point applies is gray area. Is everybody doing it a good enough justification for doing it - maybe not. But if he's doing the same thing everybody else does, maybe it doesn't suggest delusion. Disingenuous, yeah. But it doesn't mean you have to ignore everything he says. Just filter it.

The man who designed and engineered the Brooklyn Bridge never saw it. He died before construction began.

And one of the two towers (the Manhattan side) still sits on sand, 80 feet below the water. It was too costly and lethal to dig deeper. Many workers got the bends from being in the caisson that emulated the conditions of diving. And the bed rock was another 30 feet down from where the bottom of the Manhattan tower sits.

The histories of the construction of NYC bridges are truly auspicious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFsoMPq25pU&app=desktop

This one must have been hastily engineered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1nJH1ZcNYs

One of those who fell was the guy Tony Manero had told the story about being buried in the cement from the time the bridge was built, so it wasn?t quite as tragic as it initially looked.

One of those times when, if everyone else is jumping off a bridge, one maybe should consider doing it ones self.

Never saw any of those movies; maybe I?ll binge watch them during the quarantine.

Was like South Park with real people.

Over a quarter of a century before Coronainsanity, Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld made dire representations of how such a thing as what we’re facing now might play out.

Perhaps we should always heed the wisdom of the most auspicious around us.

Last edited:
One of those who fell was the guy Tony Manero had told the story about being buried in the cement from the time the bridge was built, so it wasn’t quite as tragic as it initially looked.

One of those times when, if everyone else is jumping off a bridge, one maybe should consider doing it ones self.

Never saw any of those movies; maybe I’ll binge watch them during the quarantine.

Was like South Park with real people.

I used to ride my bike across the GW bridge twice almost every Saturday. Thankfully I wasn’t there when this happened.

Last edited:
I used to ride my bike across the GW bridge twice almost every Saturday. Thankfully I wasn?t there when this happened.

Cool.

I was going to ask if GE Bridge was the George Washington Bridge - that?s what kept coming up on the inter web search.

So thanks for answering.

So anyway I just had Covid test. The city of los Angeles just started providing it to essential workers so I figured it was the socially responsible thing to do, even though I feel fine. I think I already had it and I’m talking with my doctor later today about taking the antibody test.

So anyway I just had Covid test. The city of los Angeles just started providing it to essential workers so I figured it was the socially responsible thing to do, even though I feel fine. I think I already had it and I?m talking with my doctor later today about taking the antibody test.

What's the turnaround time on the test? Do you know the result already?

Back