Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

dammit, why the F is Shane not starting at QB?

zyxt9

Did this Appy State game put this question to death? Will all those who keep asking it now STFU?

I'm glad Shane got some good playing time though. He shows flashes of why he should be the starter NEXT year.

If he stops his John Navarre antics, he could be. If not, Wilton Speight will be the starter. You CANNOT zing the ball to someone who is 5 yds in front of you. The kid obviously needs more touch on the ball and better decision making.

the reason I want shane to start has very little to do with app state or how devin gardner can pad stats vs a shitty school with his shot put arm motion.

I will go with the guy who pads his stats against a bad team over the guy who throws a bad INT against that same bad team.

Shane is not ready to start. He clearly showed that yesterday. Next year will be his year to take the reigns. By then, the O line will be better and the running backs will be better. This year is DG's year.

This is such a stupid topic.

Shane is not the starting QB because he does not wear #98.

How is the Athletic Department going to sell #98 jerseys if #98 isn't even in the game?

419L8cj0WeL._SX342_.jpg

This is such a stupid topic.

Shane is not the starting QB because he does not wear #98.

How is the Athletic Department going to sell #98 jerseys if #98 isn't even in the game?

419L8cj0WeL._SX342_.jpg

I already have a Shane Morris authentic Nike jersey his name was Chad Henne then.

Funny, I often think more of Rick Leach than Chaf Henne when watching Morris for some reason.

All in all I thought Devin Looked pretty darn good on Saturday. I'm Tempering my excitement since I'm sure Appalachian state is not a good measuring stick.

I though his jump throw to Funches looked bad, but it was a good result. It was nice to see him step up in the pocket and shuffle instead of that goofy spin he kept doing last year that usually landed him straight into a crashing DE for a 7-10 yard loss.

Ill eat crow if dg leads this team to more than 9 wins. If he doesnt.....should have started shane.

You're right. Who is to say we wouldn't have been better off Saturday with Gardner on the bench, Morris struggling to get a win, and everyone from the players to the fans & media questioning Hoke's sanity and ability to lead the team? We'll need to wait until 9 wins to make that call at least

Ill eat crow if dg leads this team to more than 9 wins. If he doesnt.....should have started shane.

So you think Morris could lead the team to 7 wins (your projection for Gardner, you said Morris could possibly do as well), but will only be wrong if Gardner leads them to at least 10. You'd give up 2 wins this year for some imagined improvement we might see over the next two years.

It doesn't matter what happens the rest of the year. You, sir, are a fucking idiot.

So you think Morris could lead the team to 7 wins (your projection for gardner, you said Morris could possibly do as well), but will only be wrong if Gardner leads them to at least 10. You'd give up 2 wins this year for some imagined improvement we might see over the next two years.

It doesn't matter what happens the rest of the year. You, sir, are a fucking idiot.

I did say that...then I looked at our cake of a schedule and realized we only play 3 tough games. If dg cant win atleast 1 of those and all the games he is supposed to win. ..then why not start shane?

You're right. Who is to say we wouldn't have been better off Saturday with Gardner on the benc. Morris struggling to get a win, and everyone from the players to the fans & media questioning Hoke's sanity and ability to lead the team? We'll need to wait until 9 wins to make that call at least

Sorry I apologize. .. I'm a fucking idiot and see more benefit in shane winning 7 or 8 games than dg winning 9 or less. I've listed all the reasons why and no one argues those...the only reason dg starts imo is to get enough wins to save hokes job....which most people on this board want to see him gone so they are contradicting themselves.

Look, gardner is the better qb right now. Even with his past shaky decision making and occasional errant throws, he has more experiance and is more polished than morris. With the shitty OL last year he still put up the best numbers in the big ten. Even if you make the bold assumption that both these guys are equally good, a sane coach still starts a 5th year senior over a sophomore 100% of the time. Starting gardner is a no-brainer.

I did say that...then I looked at our cake of a schedule and realized we only play 3 tough games. If dg cant win atleast 1 of those and all the games he is supposed to win. ..then why not start shane?

You provided analysis of the season without knowing the schedule. Thanks for proving my fucking idiot comment right.

We've gone over the rest of your nonsense in the other thread

Sorry I apologize. .. I'm a fucking idiot and see more benefit in shane winning 7 or 8 games than dg winning 9 or less. I've listed all the reasons why and no one argues those...the only reason dg starts imo is to get enough wins to save hokes job....which most people on this board want to see him gone so they are contradicting themselves.
I don't think most people here want to see Hoke gone.

Back