Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Denard for heisman

He had his great throws and bad.. In all honesty, I have seen him improve every week throwing. Like you said take the good with the bad and know you're getting an explosive player regardless and at anytime he can take it for six. I'm glad we have him. 12 great throws to 5 suspect. He will improve, I know this because he has already. There are many QBs that have and it would be silly to think he couldn't with this coaching staff.

uofm06marine said:
I consider Denard a double edged sword. He can make some amazing plays for you and then, like tonight, he can make the worst plays ever....

Good point. I think his ridiculous yardage accumulations are balanced out by his overboard turnover ratios...leaving a very successful qb overall. If you focus on one or the other you're going to have some strong feelings, but as long as his turnovers aren't putting the D in horrible situations I think he's just as good an option at QB as any of us have ever seen at Michigan.

DR said:
uofm06marine said:
I consider Denard a double edged sword. He can make some amazing plays for you and then, like tonight, he can make the worst plays ever....

Good point. I think his ridiculous yardage accumulations are balanced out by his overboard turnover ratios...leaving a very successful qb overall. If you focus on one or the other you're going to have some strong feelings, but as long as his turnovers aren't putting the D in horrible situations I think he's just as good an option at QB as any of us have ever seen at Michigan.

Yep.

If he would ever run the fucking option.

I guess I still don't see how people can say that Devin is better. Where are people getting that? Is Denard flawless? Hell no! Is Devin a better option at QB than Denard? I don't see how anyone can definitively answer 'yes' to that question.

I like the zone read out of shotgun but not while running off tackle. If you're going to option off tackle its gotta be Denard all the way.. He will never pitch it anyways therefore throw a block at a defender and watch Denard go at least 7.

Hungry said:
I guess I still don't see how people can say that Devin is better. Where are people getting that? Is Denard flawless? Hell no! Is Devin a better option at QB than Denard? I don't see how anyone can definitively answer 'yes' to that question.

As I said many times before, I like Denard. He has to be smarter though. Three INTs against any of the good teams coming up are going to be killer to us.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Hungry said:

As I said many times before, I like Denard. He has to be smarter though. Three INTs against any of the good teams coming up are going to be killer to us.

Them analysts like to call DRob the most electrifying player in college football today.

And maybe he is.

Electrifying in all aspects; his passes and his running.

And his turnovers.

DRob is a mixed bag.

If Ben Franklin woulda had that key on the kitestring in a bag, he mighta cought Denard Robinson.

The M defense so far this year looks like it may be able to compensate for Denard's poor choices that have led to picks.

And....I would like to see...as long as M is gonna put Devin Gardner under center, and line Denard Robinson up in the slot...and put Denard Robinson in motion...or not put put Denard Robinson in motion....

I would like to see Devin Gardner throw a pass downfield to Denard Robinson.

I would like to see that a lot.

Didn't we actually see John Navarre catch a pass that went for a touchdown in our collective lifetimes?

The answer is, yes - we did.

Go Blue.

Oh, and yes.

Michigan wins.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":9o1tui6n]

Them analysts like to call DRob the most electrifying player in college football today.

And maybe he is.

And his turnovers.

DRob is a mixed bag.

If Ben Franklin woulda had that key on the kitestring in a bag, he mighta cought Denard Robinson.

The M defense so far this year looks like it may be able to compensate for Denard's poor choices that have led to picks.

And....I would like to see...as long as M is gonna put Devin Gardner under center, and line Denard Robinson up in the slot...and put Denard Robinson in motion...or not put put Denard Robinson in motion....

Didn't we actually see John Navarre catch a pass that went for a touchdown in our collective lifetimes?

Go Blue.

Oh, and yes.

Michigan wins.[/quote:9o1tui6n]

agree 100%.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":0i6bw9d6]

And maybe he is.

And his turnovers.

DRob is a mixed bag.

Go Blue.

Oh, and yes.

Michigan wins.[/quote:0i6bw9d6]

only problem is i dont think that minnesota defense was keying on john navarre

Back