Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Minor League Notes

Last edited:
Tigers quiet, but Bruce Rondon 21, will close as early as 2014. Throws 102 mph.
Last 10 games at Lakeland: 0.79 era, .154 baa, 17 K's, 6 Wins, 11 1/3 innings.
Rondon even better last 8 Games 8.1 innings pitched 5 hits 0 runs 1 BB 11 K's.
Weighs 300 pounds and until he loses 30-40 consistency will be difficult.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/a...s_det&c_id=det
Longtime GM Murray Cook to represent Tigers at 2012 Draft.
from the Tigers official site

Detroit's top selection will be their pick near the end of the second round, 91st overall, so Tigers officials won't be calling in a pick until the second day of the Draft on Tuesday June 5.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting Kevin. I check Mark's site, just not as often as TigsTown, mainly due to most is about other teams ml'ers.

Lakeland FlyingTigers place outfielder Avisail Garcia on the DL.
Garcia is batting .304 with 5 doubles, 4 triples, 5HR, 6SB & 23RBI this season.

Thanks for posting Kevin. I check Mark's site, just not as often as TigsTown, mainly due to most is about other teams ml'ers.

Ron...I subscribe to the site. So whenever a new scouting report comes out, I get it in my email.

Nick Castellanos shows no signs of cooling.

If Tigers officials are waiting for top prospect Nick Castellanos to cool off from his hot start to see how he adjusts to pitchers, they might be waiting a while. The sweet-hitting third baseman at Class A Lakeland raised his average to .413 entering play on Thursday thanks to an 8-for-12 tear over the previous three games.

The 20-year-old went 4-for-4 on Tuesday night at Bradenton, sandwiched between a pair of two-hit efforts. He easily leads all Minor League hitters across all organizations in batting average.

The plan going into the season was for Castellanos to spend the summer at Lakeland with a promotion to Double-A Erie no earlier than the tail end of the season. He said a few weeks ago that he isn't trying to think about assignments or levels and instead is just concentrating on his hitting.

from the Tigers official site

Tigers finally give reason for Avisail Garcia on the DL. It's a hamstring strain, and not considered serious.

Back