Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Detroit Tigers Team Notes

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]One day we need to enjoy Cigars together

Zoombaby, I do plan on making it out to Detroit and Comerica park one more time before I croak. Don't know when, but I will let you and some of the guys here know so we can plan it.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes

October 4 in Tigers history :

1925 - Harry Heilmann gets six hits in Detroit's doubleheader sweep over the Browns 10 - 4 and 11 - 6, to edge out teammate Ty Cobb for the batting crown, .393 to .389. Cobb bats over .300 for the 20th time. In the second game, fans see the unusual spectacle of two managers, both famous hitters, pitch against each other in the season finale. George Sisler of the Browns and Ty Cobb of Detroit both pitch in relief for the two clubs. Cobb is perfect in his one inning, while Sisler holds Detroit scoreless in two.

1934 - Schoolboy Rowe evens the World Series with a 12-inning 3 - 2 victory, shutting out the St. Louis Cardinals over the final nine innings. The Detroit Tigers tie the game in the 9th inning and win on Goose Goslin's single.

1987 - The Detroit Tigers take advantage of one of the great collapses in history to win the AL East title, beating the Toronto Blue Jays 1 - 0, behind the six-hit pitching of Frank Tanana. Toronto lost its last seven games of the season, including three straight in the season-ending series at Detroit.

Tigers players birthdays :

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lenhado01.shtml
Don Lenhardt 1952.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/boevejo01.shtml
Joe Boever 1993-1995.

from baseball reference

Back