Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

First win this year by a team (twins) whose SP lasted 2 IP or less and yielded 6+ runs. There were 2 such games last year and 18 over the past 5 years.
Season-high in runs for the Twins, who?re still last in AL scoring.
Detroit erred for the cycle in the early innings ? miscues from 1B, 2B, SS and 3B ? contributing to 4 unearned runs.
Rick Porcello (6 R, 2 ER in 4 IP) continues to suffer from Mike Pelfrey syndrome: Can?t put ?em away. He didn?t walk anyone, but still threw 100 pitches to 20 batters. His 5.4 SO/9 so far is a career high, but that?s still in the bottom quartile of AL qualifiers. Some things are going well ? he?s walked just 9 in 45 IP, and his GB/FB ratio is among the top 10. But a pitcher with a very low K rate needs to do everything else well, and Porcello still allows too many HRs.
Since a 9-3 start, the Tigers are 9-16 and haven?t won 2 in a row.
from highheatstats

KC, question for you...what's the latest on Alburquerque? Still looking at a post All-Star return or is he progressing faster?

Sorry guys,
As has been the case seemingly from the start of the year with the fire, apartment repair, and almost daily for the past month since she took life threatening seriously ill, I've been going to visit/check on my old mom. Today, she is finally out of the hospital to a nursing home for rehab/physical therapy. Big step in the right direction.

KC, question for you...what's the latest on Alburquerque? Still looking at a post All-Star return or is he progressing faster?

iirc, he was getting close to lobbing or close to rehab. I don't think we can expect AlAl before the all-star break. But getting him back healthy will really shore up the back end with Coke, Dotel, Benoit, and Valverde for 7/8/9 innings.

Back