Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Umpires no excuse for Detroit Tigers loss to Chicago Cubs Tuesday.
If the umpires had called the base runners out rather than safe on close plays in the bottom of the eighth inning Tuesday, perhaps the Tigers' 4-3 loss to the Chicago Cubs would have turned out much differently. Both were close plays, a force at second base in which it appeared Ramon Santiago barely kept his foot on the bag, and Prince Fielder did a nice stretch at first.
But here's the bottom line: Both those throws by Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta were terrible. They were easy plays turned into nightmares. It wasn't so much the Tigers got a tough break because of missed umpire calls as Peralta's unnecessarily turned them into close plays. He makes a good throw on either play, and it's not even an issue. The Tigers would have probably won the game because they had rallied against a club carrying a 20-40 record. Instead, it was arguably their most disappointing loss of the season. Any momentum they had gained from winning three of their previous four games was gone in an instant.
from the Oakland Press

Tigers weekend opponent is the rockies;
Rockies rotation last 22 games: 8.75 ERA.
Starting pitching is killing them, hope it continues.

Tigers game on 7/14 at Baltimore has been added to FOX Saturday Baseball schedule. First pitch is now 4:05 p.m. that day.

Last edited:
Looks like it's going to be later than Friday for Tigers Dirks to come off DL.

Leyland and Dombrowski meeting behind closed doors right now - more moves coming?
not unusual, but sometimes significant.
meeting between Tigers Leyland and Dombrowski concludes - uneventfully it appears.
Tigers interest in free agent Vladimir Guerrero is lukewarm, source says. Not clear if they will pursue him at this point.
Tom Gage

Last edited:
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/06/detroit_tigers_jim_leyland_on_16.html
Detroit Tigers' Jim Leyland on Andy Dirks: 'I don't know when I'm getting him back'.
from Mlive

Andy Dirks won't be ready to play Friday; Wednesday's Tigers lineup.
The Tigers' Andy Dirks is eligible to come off the disabled list Friday.
And for most of the time he's been on the DL, it has looked like he's been recovering from right Achilles tendonitis with that return date not only possible, but probable.
Now it looks like the chances aren't good.
Dirks said Wednesday, before the Tigers played the Cubs, "I'm feeling pretty good right now, but all I can do is the baseball stuff I've been doing to get over this. We'll see where it goes."
But where it's going appears to have slowed down.
"I don't know when I'm getting him back," manager Jim Leyland said. "I have no idea. Dirks is Dirks, whenever he's ready, we'll probably send him out for a rehab. But he's not ready."
When asked if Dirks' most recent running session went well, Leyland replied, "Evidently not too well. But it's a waste of time talking about those guys. They'll all be ready when they're ready."
Trainer Kevin Rand said Dirks is "still feeling it while executing some moves, but he's making progress.
"He was able to do more today than yesterday, but there are a couple of movements which are still causing him some discomfort."
from the detnews

Last edited:
Back