Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/07/detroit_tigers_get_surge_from.html
Detroit Tigers get surge from bottom of lineup, Max Scherzer shuts down Los Angeles Angels in 5 - 1 win.
from Mlive

Tigers, who have now won 10 of their last 12 to move five games above .500 with the exact same record as last year after 92 games.

Detroit has hit .290 and averaged 5.7 runs (68) during the red-hot stretch, a dramatic improvement on the .269 average and 4.5 runs the club averaged in the first half.

Tigers‬ take 5-1 win over Angels, clinching win of four-game series. Have won 10 of 12, and haven't lost home series since June 5-7.

Leyland: "We won another good game, and ? when you look at it ? the last couple nights, we looked like a good team".

Leyland: "When you pitch like that, you normally look like a good team."

Leyland: "We did a good job of shutting them down, and we took advantage of some timely hitting."

Leyland: "You look like a good team when you get those combinations ? that?s what this is all about."

Leyland: "Gene Lamont was criticized in Baltimore, questioned for sending a guy home with two outs the other day, when he got thrown out."

Leyland: "Today, he made a great call with two outs. The catcher catches it, makes the tag, he?s out".

Leyland: "With two outs, you make them make the play ? they did not make the play".

Leyland: "Well, one thing about Prince: You get your money?s worth, every day."

Leyland on Prince: "He busts his tail every day. ... He?s a workman-like guy. There?s not a lot of fanfare with him, surprisingly".

Leyland on series w/ CWS: "Well, I?m sure it?s going to be great for everybody in this community and surrounding areas, but ... it?s July."

Leyland: "We shut down a powerhouse. ... And it?s pretty impressive, to do what we did, win 3 out of 4. I?m tickled".

Leyland: "Sometimes, when you put to much emphasis on a series, it doesn?t work out right, then you have a relapse for another week or so."

Leyland: "I truly believe, that when you have a good team, at some point they?re going to play good."

Leyland on trade rumors: "We don't talk about anything here. My boss is very good about keeping things under his hat."

Leyland on trade rumors: "Stuff just seems to pop up here with not a lot of fanfare about it, if you wanna know the truth."

Leyland on trade rumors: "Last year, Delmon Young happened in about a half an hour, if you wanna know the truth." ‪

Leyland: "So it wasn?t like we had this whole big plan. That?s just the way Dave operates, and I respect him for that."

Leyland on rumor mill: "It?s fun for the writers to speculate about what someone might do. There?s nothing wrong with that."

Scherzer: "I?ve never been good, it seems like, coming out of the All-Star break ? 4 days away, and we?re such creatures of habit."

Avila: "I think our team has kind of put it in our heads that we?ve got to take every game extremely important."

Avila: "We?re in the middle of summer now, in a pennant race. We?re only a couple games back of the White Sox, and every game is important".

Avila on whether fist-pump after HR was because he hadn't hit one since May 22: "Nah, I could care less".

Avila on HR: "I knew ... I got it, but to see Trout go up there like Spiderman, you never know with that kid."

Avila: "Those OFs, those guys were ridiculous. All series they were running down stuff. They got a workout this series."

and this
https://twitter.com/#!/matthewbmowery/media/slideshow?url=http://twitpic.com/a9epxe
Prince running all out for the double.

from MattMowery

Back