Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Injury updates: Tigers reliever Al Alburquerque has a 3.18 ERA in four rehab outings with the Triple-A Toledo Mud Hens. He has been sidelined all season by right elbow surgery. ...

Reliever Daniel Schlereth has a 1.80 ERA in five rehab outings with Class A Lakeland. He has been sidelined since April 21 with left shoulder tendinitis. ...

Because of the conflict with the Kenny Chesney concert at Ford Field on Saturday, the Tigers are holding all the lots it controls east of Woodward Ave for guests attending the Tigers game. Guests must show a ticket, parking pass or have tickets at will call to the Tigers game to park in these lots. Tailgating will also be prohibited to ensure there is ample parking.

Tigers - orioles game,

Avila batting 5th,
delmon6th,
Boesch back and 7th,
Peralta 8th??
Infante 9th

Below in first start at Toledo Thursday night - three runs on eight hits in three innings - Andy Oliver followed: 6 K in 3 scoreless innings.

Tigers manager Jim Leyland all but closes off any likelihood of VMart's return this season:
"Victor’s rehabbing. Don’t look for Victor. We’ve said that a thousand times. Victor Martinez will not play for the Tigers in 2012, I do not think.
"I emphasize ‘I do not think.’
"If you want to get a more thorough report on that, you can talk to the trainer. I think he’ll put everybody at ease about that. Then they’ll have that, once and for all, and they won’t have to keep talking about it.
"With all due respect, because I feel bad for Victor. He’s doing everything. He’s worked his tail off. He’s about rehabbed out for right now, to be honest with you. And he’s doing fine. The thing is that he’ll have some kind of really increased running activity in November. But I can’t — like I say, talk to the trainer about that."

Per Kevin Rand, Victor Martinez just "ran out of time" to be ready this season. Will back off for now.
Tigers trainer Kevin Rand: "Victor’s worked extremely hard, obviously, to give himself a shot to play this year."
trainer Kevin Rand: "Unfortunately, the leg strength wasn’t to a degree that we feel comfortable that the risk is worth the return".
Kevin Rand on VMart: "He got to a point where we looked at it, and we felt he doesn’t have enough time."
Rand on VMart: "As I told him from Day One, we were not going to do anything to jeopardize years three and four to try to push it to two."
m.mowerytrainer

Last edited:
Tigers trainer Kevin Rand on what had changed in VMart's rehab to get to the decision:
"Basically, when we did the strength assessment at the end of July, and where he was at at that point in time, we felt that we were probably going to hit this point. It was a question of when. We gave it a couple of more weeks, to kind of push and see where it put him, with the understanding — the bottom line is we needed so much time, as far as a running progression’s concerned, as far as getting him baseball work, skill work, and getting him ready to obviously come back — and we’re not going to have the opportunity to do that."
Rand on when VMart knew: "When we did the strength test at the end of July, he knew the odds were getting long.
Rand on VMart: "He’s done everything in his power to give himself an opportunity to play this year. It just didn’t work.

Last edited:
Back