Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Tigers 5, Orioles 3: Prince Fielder came in hitting .309/20/84, ranked 4th in OBP and RBI. Yet he didn?t have a signature game as a Tiger; his highest WPA game was 0.369 (tiebreaking single in the 7th on April 18), a mark he?d topped 20 times as a Brewer. But he stamped his royal signet all over this one: throwing out a runner at home on a tough play in the 1st; tying the game in the 6th on a 2-run bomb to CF; and matching that with a go-ahead rainmaker against fresh-for-the-occasion lefty J.C. Romero.
Tigers & O?s now tied for a wild-card berth. Feels like old times to this Tigers fan.
It?s a long, strange trip that brought Romero to this moment: Released by 3 teams last year (1.74 WHIP) and by the Cards this May (10.13 ERA), he signed with Baltimore later that month, but was released in July without ever pitching for the O?s. Cleveland snapped him up and stashed him at AAA, where he had a 3.12 ERA but allowed 3 HRs in 8.2 IP. Baltimore just had to have him back after that, so on Monday they shipped a non-prospect to Cleveland. They slipped Romero into two low-lev moments in the BoSox series, where he allowed 2 hits and a run in 1.2 IP. And then came Prince.
Sure, I understand that advertising makes it possible for me to watch video clips for free on MLB.com. But what marketing wiz decided that I?d be more likely to buy Head & Shoulders For Men if I had to watch the same damn 15-second commercial before every single clip? (And by the way, what agent thought that was a good career move for Joe Mauer? ?Hey, Joe! Can we talk??, indeed!)
HighHeatStats

Prince Fielder has been a bit of a disappointment this season, as the move to Detroit has resulted in a drop in his power, but last night Fielder went yard twice in the Tigers win over the Orioles. Fielder went 2-4 with 2 HRs and 4 RBI last night, moving his season slash line to .311-.404-.521 with 22 HRs, 65 runs and 88 RBI. As he has aged, his plate discipline has improved, as he is walking more than he has struck out this season, walking 60 times and K'ing just 57 times.
RotoHardball

Tigers' rotation still leads the AL in FIP (3.72), and WAR (14.0);
Pitching staff 2nd overall behind Rays in FIP, and behind Yanks in WAR.

Al Alburquerque at Comerica Park to visit team doctor after feeling tenderness in elbow following last rehab outing for Mud Hens.
Alburquerque threw 44 pitches over 2 2/3 innings for Hens in last outing Wednesday against Syracuse. If cleared, he'll rejoin Hens on road.

Last edited:
Back