Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ditka complements Stafford, degrades Cutler

KDP, Luck also led his team to TWO playoff wins with basically no one on offense. People think Stafford has no weapons? Who the hell does Luck have?? Hilton's a good WR, he's not elite. Wayne is 90 years old.

Stafford was able to basically throw bombs to Calvin all day and he'd go up and get them. Luck doesn't have that option.

Last edited:
The only thing he has beat them in is yards. In the 6 head to head games Stafford completed 58.9% of his passes...Romo and Ryan 65.7%. Stafford had 7 TDs and 6 INTs. Romo and Ryan had 15 TDs and 6 INTs.

Stafford puts up the yards but is not an efficient QB.

And Stafford broke Romos little heart 2 out of the last 3 times. I'm sure that has some influence on Romos respect for Staffords game.

KDP, Luck also led his team to TWO playoff wins with basically no one on offense. People think Stafford has no weapons? Who the hell does Luck have?? Hilton's a good WR, he's not elite. Wayne is 90 years old.

Stafford was able to basically throw bombs to Calvin all day and he'd go up and get them. Luck doesn't have that option.

Hilton, Nicka, and random Rbs that show up big when they need it. They've got one of the best cover corners in the game on defense as well. Their secondary is good enough that they ditched a guy that started for the Lions in their playoff loss this year

Hilton's a very good WR.

Nicks went for 405.

The RB core is awful. They have no one who broke 550 yards. That's sad. Andrew Luck knows how to spread it around to everyone and not lock onto one guy. He can make guys better, they don't need to pile weapon after weapon for him.

You know who else also had a great defense this year? Detroit. After three years, Andrew Luck is everything you expect out of a #1 QB. Three playoff wins, including an incredible comeback. His rating has gone from 76, to 87, to 96. When all is said and done, he's going to go down as one of the best to ever play the position. Stafford's going to be a guy that we all said, "yeah, he was okay."

Last edited:

bombs to Hilton. Plays in AFC South. Guranteed playoffs.

bombs to Hilton. Plays in AFC South. Guranteed playoffs.

look at Stafford last year. He played in the worst division in the NFL vs. backup QBs and still couldn't lead the Lions to a .500 record.

3 years- 3 playoff wins
6 years- 0 playoff wins

Luck's going to be an all-time great. He's a once-in-a-lifetime type player. Stafford has had enough time to prove himself, and all that happens is that others make excuses for his inability to get it done. New coordinator, bad line, no WRs, no RB, whatever the flavor of the year is.

Last edited:
3 years- 3 playoff wins
6 years- 0 playoff wins

Luck's going to be an all-time great. He's a once-in-a-lifetime type player. Stafford has had enough time to prove himself, and all that happens is that others make excuses for his inability to get it done. New coordinator, bad line, no WRs, no RB, whatever the flavor of the year is.

2 of those wins were at home (Cincy and KC, the great Alex Smith). Like I said he wins the South easy every year. Lions would dominate the South with this 2014 team. Even the 2013 or 2011 team.

Stafford played better at New Orleans and at Dallas then Luck did at Denver in a win and at Baltimore and at New England.

look at Stafford last year. He played in the worst division in the NFL vs. backup QBs and still couldn't lead the Lions to a .500 record.

AFC North was a decent division plus a miracle FG. at GB was a good team at the time (very healthy).

Tampa led the offense well but some picks. Not all his fault including the last one. Same with Giants game. We've gone over the fault is not on Stafford for those.

Philly was good plus road plus blizzard. at Zona was good and road game.

at Min was meaningless at the time with no Calvin.

The North was tougher this year with GB/Vikings better teams and we went 5-1.

2011 he got it done, 2014 he got it done. 2012/2013 there were extenuating circumstances.

Last edited:
2 of those wins were at home (Cincy and KC, the great Alex Smith). Like I said he wins the South easy every year. Lions would dominate the South with this 2014 team. Even the 2013 or 2011 team.

Stafford played better at New Orleans and at Dallas then Luck did at Denver in a win and at Baltimore and at New England.

3 playoff wins in 3 years.
0 playoff wins in 6 years.

It's hilarious how far you have to go to make excuses.

At the end of the day, whatever the reason, crappy division, AC was too high at Ford Field, Stafford can't handle snow, Andrew Luck has already done more in half of the year's Stafford has played.

I told you why. AFC South. Home games. Also Manning playing hurt.

stop with the excuses for your boy Stafford. He has never beaten a team with a winning record on the road (0-18) and has yet to win a playoff game in his 6 seasons trying to lead the Lions.

You should also stop comparing him to the good NFL qbs. Of the active QBs he ranks 18th in career QB rating at 83.6. The 5 players right above him are Tannehill, Flacco, Dalton, Cutler and Newton. The guys below him within 3 points are Alex Smith, Eli Manning, Matt Hasselbeck, Jason Campbell. Until he gets better...those guys are his peers!

stop with the excuses for your boy Stafford. He has never beaten a team with a winning record on the road (0-18) and has yet to win a playoff game in his 6 seasons trying to lead the Lions.

You should also stop comparing him to the good NFL qbs. Of the active QBs he ranks 18th in career QB rating at 83.6. The 5 players right above him are Tannehill, Flacco, Dalton, Cutler and Newton. The guys below him within 3 points are Alex Smith, Eli Manning, Matt Hasselbeck, Jason Campbell. Until he gets better...those guys are his peers!

Stafford is a good QB no matter what the stats say. The tape doesn't lie. I know more than anyone what support he gets.

He has produced the flashy numbers and now he is producing the wins.

Oh they did? You going to be talking about how amazing the 11-5 year is in 10 years?

All that matters is winning playoff games.

Oh they did? You going to be talking about how amazing the 11-5 year is in 10 years?

All that matters is winning playoff games.

Nope. You guys were wrong. You thought .500 team and now we are bitching about 11 wins and changed your tune to playoff wins.

I sure did. I thought they were an 8-8 team. Nice surprise to go 11-5.

Expectations change. When you go 11-5, win a playoff game.

I sure did. I thought they were an 8-8 team. Nice surprise to go 11-5.

Expectations change. When you go 11-5, win a playoff game.

So you were wrong on the record prediction. Therefore are wrong about playoff games being the ultimate judge for this season.

And as far as I'm concerned, we won that playoff game. Refs blew that game.

I'm sure we would have beaten Seattle too the following week. We are built to stop Lynch and Wilson.

Back