Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Do you want 18 games?

Cam

Cam’tn Crunch
Administrator
Nashville Sounds
Cleveland Cavaliers
Nashville Kats
Pittsburgh Steelers
Nashville Predators
Tampa Bay Rays
Nashville SC
Vanderbilt Commodores
Just a couple years ago, the NFL season expanded from 16 games to 17 games. Now there's a big debate on if the NFL season will be expanded even further to 18 games. It sounds more and more like this is guaranteed to happen soon, but there have been lots of gripes from the NFLPA about the subject.

How do you guys feel about an 18 game season?

I'm all for more regular season football, but I would assume the preseason has to be reduced at the same time.

It was better at 14. But they could have 30 games and I wouldn't care. More games more injuries or maybe it becomes the NBA and players sit out games even when healthy..

More is better. All for it.

I feel that way for the most part. I wonder how that extra game will impact all the injury statistics. How many more stars won't be healthy in the playoffs because of an extra regular season game?

I feel that way for the most part. I wonder how that extra game will impact all the injury statistics. How many more stars won't be healthy in the playoffs because of an extra regular season game?
They'll take a game off when healthy. Watch and see...

They'll take a game off when healthy. Watch and see...

If you're a fringe playoff team, probably not.

It's also been discussed that there will be two bye weeks, so that would probably be the best solution.

My response to this post and all subsequent posts regarding the NFL, which has transformed into a circus for the mob. This movie was made in 1979, and this is as prescient a scene as exists in cinema.

Back