Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

who would you take at 3?

I haven't changed. I still want Tua. It's time for them to start planning on the exit strategy for Stafford. He's still has a chance to be a franchise-changing QB, provided they are willing to take the risk.

And if they trade down, I still don't want Okudah. Rather get someone for the line (either side) or a linebacker. I think the middle of this team is still complete hogwash. CBs, just like TEs, are not worth taking in the top 10. They just don't have franchise impacts.

I haven't changed. I still want Tua. It's time for them to start planning on the exit strategy for Stafford. He's still has a chance to be a franchise-changing QB, provided they are willing to take the risk.

And if they trade down, I still don't want Okudah. Rather get someone for the line (either side) or a linebacker. I think the middle of this team is still complete hogwash. CBs, just like TEs, are not worth taking in the top 10. They just don't have franchise impacts.

I'm not sold on Tua. I think he might be the biggest risk in the first round. With his injury history...he has bust written all over him.

I'm not sold on Tua. I think he might be the biggest risk in the first round. With his injury history...he has bust written all over him.

Everyone's a risk, it's the NFL. A doctor just came out and said this may be a concern when he's 35, not 25.

All I know is that I watched him plenty at Alabama, and he was one of the best QBs I have ever seen at the college level. If the Lions want to play it safe, so be it, they can continue to expect the same shit results they've had. There is a TON of CB depth in this draft, they can get someone close to Okudah in the 2nd.

I have also watched Herbert play a fair amount at Oregon, and to be honest, I don't get it. I was never impressed watching that dude play. Tua's another level.

Everyone's a risk, it's the NFL. A doctor just came out and said this may be a concern when he's 35, not 25.

All I know is that I watched him plenty at Alabama, and he was one of the best QBs I have ever seen at the college level. If the Lions want to play it safe, so be it, they can continue to expect the same shit results they've had. There is a TON of CB depth in this draft, they can get someone close to Okudah in the 2nd.

I have also watched Herbert play a fair amount at Oregon, and to be honest, I don't get it. I was never impressed watching that dude play. Tua's another level.

I don't get Herbert either. He looks the part and has the arm but it seems that he almost always comes up short.

Tua could be the real deal...I don't know. I do know that the Lions won't take him because Quinn and Patricia are on their third strike. If the Lions suck this year I think they will both be gone. Tua doesn't help them win next year.

There is depth in this CB class, but everything I saw and everything I read says Okudah is head and shoulders above all CBs except the guy from FL.

If I'm the Lions I try to trade down twice (or as many times as possible) as long as they don't fall outside the top 13-15. That's where the drop off is IMO. But, there will be good quality starting caliber players picked from 15-80. The Lions need about 5 of those in this draft.

I don't get Herbert either. He looks the part and has the arm but it seems that he almost always comes up short.

Tua could be the real deal...I don't know. I do know that the Lions won't take him because Quinn and Patricia are on their third strike. If the Lions suck this year I think they will both be gone. Tua doesn't help them win next year.

There is depth in this CB class, but everything I saw and everything I read says Okudah is head and shoulders above all CBs except the guy from FL.

If I'm the Lions I try to trade down twice (or as many times as possible) as long as they don't fall outside the top 13-15. That's where the drop off is IMO. But, there will be good quality starting caliber players picked from 15-80. The Lions need about 5 of those in this draft.

There are always guys that get drafted in any sport that are all on measureables. I think Herbert is one of those. He'll have a decent career, but he's not gonna be a star.

I actually don't think Quinn and Patricia are in any danger of losing their jobs. That's how little I believe in this ownership.

If they end up drafting Okudah, I will only be OK with it is if it comes later in the draft and they get more equity from the 3rd pick. I absolutely do not want to see them sit at 3 and take him.

The closer we get and I get the feeling we'll take a tackle if we're struck at 3.

If you listen to Quin...hes not going D :D

I see both sides of the CB argument. The need is definitely there....i dont see the value in selecting Okudah in the top 5 and agree he could struggle mightily the next couple years.

I see both sides of the QB argument. Drafting in the top 3 is when you select a QB or high impact play maker. Or trade to someone that needs those. Stafford WILL be paid $35 mil+ on his next contract in a new CBA. Thats too much for a team thats continually rebuilding.

I think Quin was very truthful in his press conference last week. i think you can expect him to pick someone that can suit up and play with limited reps....think Oline or Dline. My expectations are currently Oline or Dline with the #3 pick in the draft. Anything better than that will be icing on the cake for me.

I also dont expect anything extravagant in return if a trade happens. IFFF we move down to #5 i fully expect #39 in return. Nothing more...nothing less. The most likely scenrio is we move down to #5 and something like the below happens. I also could see the Chargers potentially moving ahead fo the Dolphins to get the QB they like better. LA Rams are in drastic decline mode and the Chargers have to do SOMETHING to get butts in seats in their new stadium and "gain share" over their NFC roommate.

#5(MIA) or #6 (LA) Whirfs OT
#35 Ross Blacklock NT
# 37(MIA) or 39 (LA) Jalen Reagor WR or Jonathon Taylor RB

Last edited:
If you listen to Quin...hes not going D :D

I see both sides of the CB argument. The need is definitely there....i dont see the value in selecting Okudah in the top 5 and agree he could struggle mightily the next couple years.

I see both sides of the QB argument. Drafting in the top 3 is when you select a QB or high impact play maker. Or trade to someone that needs those. Stafford WILL be paid $35 mil+ on his next contract in a new CBA. Thats too much for a team thats continually rebuilding.

I think Quin was very truthful in his press conference last week. i think you can expect him to pick someone that can suit up and play with limited reps....think Oline or Dline. My expectations are currently Oline or Dline with the #3 pick in the draft. Anything better than that will be icing on the cake for me.

I also dont expect anything extravagant in return if a trade happens. IFFF we move down to #5 i fully expect #39 in return. Nothing more...nothing less. The most likely scenrio is we move down to #5 and something like the below happens. I also could see the Chargers potentially moving ahead fo the Dolphins to get the QB they like better. LA Rams are in drastic decline mode and the Chargers have to do SOMETHING to get butts in seats in their new stadium and "gain share" over their NFC roommate.

#5(MIA) or #6 (LA) Whirfs OT
#35 Ross Blacklock NT
# 37(MIA) or 39 (LA) Jalen Reagor WR or Jonathon Taylor RB

I don't see any value in taking a player at #3. If Quinn can't get con Miami or the Chargers to move up to #3 he should be fired. (he should have been fired already)

Chargers moving up depends how they feel about Herbert. Miami would move up out of fear someone else moving up. Everyone knows the Lions wouldn't take an injury risk Tua

Saw interesting trade. Move from 3 to 9 with Jags and get Yannick Ngakoue. Select Brown or Kinlaw. Would have to pay Ngakoue big but he boosts the rush.

Flowers, Brown or Kinlaw, Shelton, Ngakoue with Collins at JACK. You got Hand, Nick Williams at backup DT and Hand could play some DE more too. Okwara, Austin Bryant as backup rush.

Round 2 and 3 focus on CB, guard and WR with your 3 picks. AO develops too. Summer focus on re-signing Golladay and Decker

How much would you be willing to pay Ngakoue?

Hes another 7 sack guy that wants to be paid like hes a 20 sack guy. So hes basically Clowney Jr. Hes probably worth 12-14 mil on an open market. i think Fowler got 16 mil...i think clowney will get 16-18 mil. Hes worth less than that...

Chargers moving up depends how they feel about Herbert. Miami would move up out of fear someone else moving up. Everyone knows the Lions wouldn't take an injury risk Tua

Saw interesting trade. Move from 3 to 9 with Jags and get Yannick Ngakoue. Select Brown or Kinlaw. Would have to pay Ngakoue big but he boosts the rush.

Flowers, Brown or Kinlaw, Shelton, Ngakoue with Collins at JACK. You got Hand, Nick Williams at backup DT and Hand could play some DE more too. Okwara, Austin Bryant as backup rush.

Round 2 and 3 focus on CB, guard and WR with your 3 picks. AO develops too. Summer focus on re-signing Golladay and Decker

He seems like a cancer.

As far as a contract, he wants to be the highest paid DE, so I assume that he will want similar money that Deforest Buckner got (4 years, $84M)

Hes another 7 sack guy that wants to be paid like hes a 20 sack guy. So hes basically Clowney Jr. Hes probably worth 12-14 mil on an open market. i think Fowler got 16 mil...i think clowney will get 16-18 mil. Hes worth less than that...

He brings consistent pressure. 8, 12, 9.5, 8 sacks in his four year career plus hits and hurries. I'd say depends on his run D and how much he wants.

He brings consistent pressure. 8, 12, 9.5, 8 sacks in his four year career plus hits and hurries. I'd say depends on his run D and how much he wants.

I can get on board with a...

Flowers Blackwell(Rd2) Brown(Rd1)
Ngakoue Davis Tavaii Collins

front 7. Light years better than last years front 7.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2020...ions-gm-it-director-parked-driveway-nfl-draft
Lions GM Bob Quinn will have an I.T. director parked in driveway for NFL Draft.
Bob Quinn isn’t leaving anything up to chance.
POD

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...-nfl-draft-guy-driveway-winnebago/2999078001/
Detroit Lions plan to have IT guy in Winnebago in Bob Quinn's driveway during NFL draft.
Freep

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020...ed-in-bob-quinns-driveway-for-2020-nfl-draft/
Lions IT director will be stationed in Bob Quinn's driveway for 2020 NFL Draft.
LionsWire

Last edited:
Back