Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FISA Abuse

Yes, but overall the expected tax increase will still likely be cheaper than the ridiculous insurance premiums many Americans have to pay, that's what most people can't understand. They just hear "tax increase" and go in to a Rush Limbaugh style tirade without ever thinking about it.

And my point is that people who believe that are out of their minds. Especially the idiots who buy the line that productivity will increase when people can finally start their own businesses because the stress of worrying about paying for health insurance will be alleviated. Right, I can?t think of anything more motivating for people than knowing their neighbors taxes are going to pay for their healthcare - they are going to work so much harder. It will just like the productivity gains we saw under communist regimes. ?From those according to their means to those according to their need? was just a a massive boon to productivity.

So that was why the republicans gutted Obamacare at every corner ? I know when I have been duped. Republicans do it non stop. Yeah so stop trying to tell me who made it so it wouldn?t work like it should. Jesus let?s go full private fucking health insurance so I can get fucked even more. I know what?s not working so let?s try something different.

Obamacare was designed to fail. The whole point was to fool people into thinking government needed more control because the private sector couldn?t get it right, even though it was actually a massive expansion of Medicaid that also made private insurance worse. And it was driving massive increases in insurance premiums, killing competition even further we?ll before the Republicans ?gutted it at every corner.? The law was passed in 2010 and the individual mandate was in place for several years before Trump repealed it. The law was a failure because it was designed to fail.

Yes, which is why I said cheaper than what Many Americans pay in insurance premiums. Taxes are going to have to go up, Period. At the end of the day, John Q. Public will probably be happier with whatever leaves him with more money in his wallet at the end of the day, if it's more in taxes; less in premiums people will still complain even if overall they're paying less, because, you know, taxes = bad. :shrug:

I don’t know. You’re probably hearing, like I am that a number of unions ain’t crazy about the thought of giving up the insurance deals they obtained through collective bargaining, not to mention everybody else who would prefer the insurance they pay for now to the uncertainty that the elimination of it and its replacement with universal health care would bring.

I like repealing the ACA, and expanding Medicare so that EVERYONE who can’t get private insurance - not just those who qualify based on their degree of poverty - can access Medicare until they’re able to get superior private insurance.

From what I’ve seen, private insurance is preferable to people than the universal health option where they have that.

EDIT: I did what a lot of people have done - I posted Medicare when I meant Medicaid.

Last edited:
Taking care of the important business, while telling the states/governors to find their own ventilators and buy their own medical supplies.

He's got important golf to play at Mar-a-Lago. "leadership"

China threatening to curb exports of medical supplies and drown US in Covid. I think we can all agree production needs to come back, China sealing their own fate.

China threatening to curb exports of medical supplies and drown US in Covid. I think we can all agree production needs to come back, China sealing their own fate.

You and I may agree, but the billionaires don't want that.

production coming back means US workers have more power -> unions likely grow and as a consequence, more money goes to the American working classes, and billionaires don't get as much cash to hoard.

They have to content themselves with one mega yacht, not 3 or more.

production coming back means US workers have more power -> unions likely grow and as a consequence, more money goes to the American working classes, and billionaires don't get as much cash to hoard.

They won't have a choice if we refuse to accept what they want, power in numbers. Start by keeping it at the top of the list of campaign issue discussion. Call and leave messages with your local congressional reps demanding it. It will likely have bi-partisanship support.

They won't have a choice if we refuse to accept what they want, power in numbers. Start by keeping it at the top of the list of campaign issue discussion. Call and leave messages with your local congressional reps demanding it. It will likely have bi-partisanship support.

it will require breaking up American monopolies using anti-trust laws, and keeping them from consolidating and growing back into monopolies by enforcing those anti-trust laws to block mergers & acquisitions, and with higher graduated tax rates on the biggest companies.

other than Bernie Sanders, all politicians, senators & above are owned by the interests that have succeeded in gutting anti-trust laws since 1980.

Which billionaires control medical supply production? Or are you avoiding the M word like your hypocrite hero now that he is one? Why would you avoid it? Are you anticipating being one some day? Better hurry up before your hero gets elected and makes it literally impossible.

No, there is no power in numbers, only power in government - that's the most efficient if not only way to do this. We have to break up monopolies that don't actually exist and throw billionaires in jail, even though to my knowledge there aren't any billionaires that control the supply in the pharma or device industries - it's mostly publicly traded corporations.

On a more serious note, forcing it to happen will be no better for consumers than what we currently have. It may improve security, but it's going to raise prices if it's forced and as we've seen, Americans will happily give up some security to save money.

It’s amazing that to this day people still cling to the Trump/Russia narrative. The most recent revelations from Friday are perhaps the most damning of all, but the truth has no place in the left’s narrative that Trump won because he was aided by the Russians. I don’t think it’s that the virus is dominating the news cycle. And I don’t think they’re ignoring it because they’re embarrassed that they got it so wrong. I truly believe that they’ve known the truth for some time now and are just ignoring it because they know most people won’t seek this out themselves and they don’t want to undo the damage they’ve done pushing a very effective campaign of lies.

Last edited:
It’s amazing that to this day people still cling to the Trump/Russia narrative. The most recent revelations from Friday are perhaps the most damning of all, but the truth has no place in the left’s narrative that Trump won because he was aided by the Russians. I don’t think it’s that the virus is dominating the news cycle. And I don’t think they’re ignoring it because they’re embarrassed that they got it so wrong. I truly believe that they’ve known the truth for some time now and are just ignoring it because they know most people won’t seek this out themselves and they don’t want to undo the damage they’ve done pushing a very effective campaign of lies.

I will never let go of the "Hillary Clinton was the worst candidate in decades" narrative. Biden could have a stroke (he may have already) and he's a better candidate.

And since we're in the conspiracy theory thread anyways, when is Hillary Clinton accepting the nomination? Tigermud told me he's ahead of the news cycle and it is inevitable.

Last edited:
I will never let go of the "Hillary Clinton was the worst candidate in decades" narrative. Biden could have a stroke (he may have already) and he's a better candidate.

And since we're in the conspiracy theory thread anyways, when is Hillary Clinton accepting the nomination? Tigermud told me he's ahead of the news cycle and it is inevitable.

Oh you know it’s still possible. In other news there was more fisa abuse news today but nobody follows that now and still no accountability, everybody walks

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...errors-or-omissions-in-2019-fisa-applications

Last edited:

She definitely was but that doesn?t even make the media?s list of reasons Trump won.

Not to mention that logo she had was some real crack research fail. reminded people of a hospital sign.

9k=

9k=

Last edited:
I’ve been consistent on this from day 1
https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/2...documents-show-fbi-goal-was-to-get-him-fired/

What they did to this man is a travesty and should never be allowed to happen again! Frankly 45 failed him didn’t have his back like he should have and I’m tired of seeing more proof, it’s time for justice damit! Trump you freaking dork Less talk orange man!

He pleaded after they threatened to go after his family you pieces of unmitigated shit! This not not how we treat war hero’s in this country.

Last edited:
Back