Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fister Traded, now is retiring from baseball

I predict Fister will win 18 - 20 games in the NL.

I can't really argue with Fister on that. A rotation of Strasburg, Gonzalez, Zimmerman, Fister, Detwiler is pretty damn good top to bottom. I'd still probably take the Tigers' rotation given the choice, but it's pretty much a coin flip there... 1 & 1A in my eyes.

And then you have the problem the Tigers have had the past few years in the playoffs... You usually only use your top 3 and Fister wasn't in our top 3 and probably won't be in their top 3 but they may go 4 deep considering the leash on Strasburg and what not.

And then you have the problem the Tigers have had the past few years in the playoffs... You usually only use your top 3 and Fister wasn't in our top 3 and probably won't be in their top 3 but they may go 4 deep considering the leash on Strasburg and what not.

In a 5 game series maybe.

I can't really argue with Fister on that. A rotation of Strasburg, Gonzalez, Zimmerman, Fister, Detwiler is pretty damn good top to bottom. I'd still probably take the Tigers' rotation given the choice, but it's pretty much a coin flip there... 1 & 1A in my eyes.

Innings pitched per start last 3 years:

Zimmerman 6.34 IP/GS
G. Gonzalez 6.22 IP/GS
Strasburg 5.81 IP/GS
Detwiller 5.77 IP/GS

Verlander 7.01 IP/GS
Sanchez 6.24 IP/GS
Scherzer 6.15 IP/GS
Porcello 5.84 IP/GS

Fister 6.57 IP/GS

From an endurance standpoint, the Nationals aren't all that great.

Why do people keep saying you only use your top 3 come the playoffs? It's not true. Fister had a start in every single postseason series the Tigers have been since 2011. Teams use a 4 man rotation in the playoffs.

If the Nationals make the playoffs, Fister will start games for them, just as he would've for the Tigers.

Fister wants $8.5M [likely worth every penny] and the Nats are lowballing him at just $1.75M over what he made last season? What a bunch of cunts.

Just in;...Doug Fister gets a $7.2 million base salary with #nationals. He can make additional $150,000 if he pitches 210 innings.
idk who is more cuntish, the nationals, or DD for trading him for a future lefty starter, reliever, and lombardolobotomy.

I know a lot of people are down on this trade. Understandable Fister was a solid pitcher.

I watched a lot of the Nationals games this year. Lombardozzi is not a piece of crap like so many think he is. His stats in the minors are great. Only thing he doesn't do is hit for power. Lombo has blazing speed which in my opinion could make him the lead off hitter.

In the minors his avg's in 3 important leadoff man categories are runs - 90 SB - 30 OBP .367

While he is not a flashy name, I am sure Lombo will become a fan favorite within the first month of the season. I am pretty stoked we got him. He was a favorite of GM Mike Rizzo. Also he doesn't cost squat as far as salary goes.

With the glut of middle infielders and the Nationals stacked in the outfield, Lombo was a man without a position. He was not an everyday player only due to this reason. His natural position is 2B. I think we could see Kinsler move over to 3B, Nick C will probably play LF or be traded for someone that can play LF.

Here is a link the Lombo's stats 4 years in the minors when he played everyday
http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=lombar002ste

Blast from the past

It's all on Roy, Crowe, Crule or whatever his name is. He better be one hell of a pitcher.

Robbie Ray will probably be a top pitcher for the Mudhens in 10 years.

I'll stop being so negative now, for all I know, he could win 5 Cy Youngs before he retires.

Robbie Ray will probably be a top pitcher for the Mudhens in 10 years.

I'll stop being so negative now, for all I know, he could win 5 Cy Youngs before he retires.

Replacing my boy Crosby..

Doug Fister left a minor league start after one inning with a lat strain.
Williams didn't rule him out, but little chance he makes 1st start.

Hmmmmmmm maybe DD is smarter than a bunch of internet posters after all.

It is wrong for a General Manager to have knowledge of a player's injury and deal that player. He ruins his reputation and makes it difficult to deal with other teams.

The Fister deal only works if Ray becomes a viable #3 or better starter. Until if or when that happens, we have the RIGHT to question the deal.

I don't think we will be trading with Boston anytime soon either.

It is wrong for a General Manager to have knowledge of a player's injury and deal that player. He ruins his reputation and makes it difficult to deal with other teams.

The Fister deal only works if Ray becomes a viable #3 or better starter. Until if or when that happens, we have the RIGHT to question the deal.

I'm not saying DD knew of any injuries. What I think is that DD and others felt that maybe Fister was starting to break down and wasn't somebody they would be able to rely on long term. There were a lot of games in 2013 where Fister faded very quickly after the first few innings.

Hmmmmmmm maybe DD is smarter than a bunch of internet posters after all.

Not just internet posters. Nearly every sportswriter that covers baseball, and other baseball GM's.

And even if Fister misses a few starts...so what, very few mlb starters make all possible starts in a season.

Back