Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fister Traded, now is retiring from baseball

waffle_sq-1a157824bcd634f0635c7486988f69c64d0f3b64-s6-c30.jpg

edit: that pic looked a lot smaller on my phones browser haha

Lol. I don't get the correlation though but I am getting an urge for Waffles.

I have never wavered in my belief DD should have gotten more for Fister..

I wish we had gotten Drew Storen or Tyler Clippard in the deal with Washington.. At least one of them the then deal would have been ok.. I think..

I guess he pitched good today...

(W, 3-1) 6.0 ip 4 Hits 2 er 2 r 1 BB 6 K.

Had no problem shutting down Texas today...

This team is getting older and if max goes, this team is looking much different. Why did it take until June to bring up Suarez? OF is not looking to good either.

This team is getting older and if max goes, this team is looking much different. Why did it take until June to bring up Suarez? OF is not looking to good either.

maybe they continue this free fall and trade Scherzer at the trade deadline?

j/k

DD seems slow to pull triggers in season.. Inge and Raburn come to mind of players who received extra months of play then they should have...

Last edited:

j/k

The way they're playing now, might as well. Max has not been that sharp lately, he seems to be reverting back to some mechanical issues. .. I thought that was behind him...

Last edited:

j/k

Yeah, we should be able to net a couple of scrubs and maybe a halfway-decent prospect for an SP who turned down the Tigers generous extension offer & has ~a half-season left before he becomes a FA.

Last edited:
Rebbiv is not the only one on this board who is still pissed about he Fister deal.

It just made no sense. You hear a rumor about Fister wanting to finish career on the west coast and ten minutes later he's traded. GM's from all over saying they didn't even know he was available. The whole process just stunk.

I'm actually really glad he's doing well. I think he was under appreciated here by many fans. I always liked him a lot, and wish him nothing but great things.

Just sucks we lost him.

Surprised people are still talking about this only because this trade was horrible in basically everybody's mind the second it happened. Nothing has happened to change that opinion widely held by many many people. Everybody but DD has basically been proven right just as everybody expected.

Back