Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1 WC Detroit Tigers @ Houston Astros Oct. 1st, 2024 11:32 a.m. MST

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines

Links & Info​

• Venue: Minute Maid Park
  • TV: National: ABC
  • Radio: Tigers: 97.1 The Ticket, Astros: TUDN 93.3 / KLAT 1010 (es), KBME 790 AM/94.5 FM HD-2
  • MLB Gameday
  • Statcast Game Preview

Probable Pitcher (Season Stats)Report
TigersTarik Skubal (18-4, 2.39 ERA, 192.0 IP)No report posted.
AstrosFramber Valdez (15-7, 2.91 ERA, 176.1 IP)No report posted.

DET Lineup
HOU Lineup
  1. Jose Altuve (R) 2B
  2. Kyle Tucker (L) RF
  3. Yordan Alvarez (L) DH
  4. Alex Bregman (R) 3B
  5. Yainer Diaz (R) C
  6. Jeremy Peña (R) SS
  7. Victor Caratini (S) 1B
  8. Mauricio Dubón (R) LF
  9. Jake Meyers (R) CF

Last edited:
Valdez, .121 average vs his curve ball. That's his pitch I'm not sure if the Tigers hit curve balls well. I don't think they do.

Tarik Skubal is one of 13 players to have 190+ IP, K% >= 30.0%, BB <= 5.0% in a single season, per Stathead.

Tigers first playoff game in a decade, and Justyn-Henry Malloy is batting second and Andy Ibanez is batting fourth. AJ Hinch isn't ditching the matchup maneuvering that got the team to this point. #PuppetMaster

The matchup between Skubal and Altuve, Tucker, Alvarez will determine how far the Tigers progress in the playoffs..its that simple.

Tigers fun facts:Tigers won 13 of their final 15 one-run games in the regular season.
Since 08/11 the Tigers won 31 of 42 games to clinch the postseason.
Tigers have the best record in the MLB since July 1st (48-30).
Tigers have best ERA in the MLB since Aug 1st (2.81).
Overall in 2024 the Tigers starters & relievers both have a top 5 ERA in the MLB; top 4 combined.
Tigers are first team in history to make playoffs w/o a batter reaching at least one of: 150 Hits/75 RBI/25 HR/25 SB.

This feels like bizarro world on Seinfeld. Last night, I could’ve sworn I watched the Detroit Lions on Monday night football – the Lions, who went deep into the postseason last year – and today I could swear I’m watching the Tigers in the postseason.

Wasn’t Altuve at the center of the bang the trashcan scandal?
Watch the video of him hitting that walkoff homerun vs the yankees in the ALCS. He is holding his jersey on for dear life because he doesnt want it ripped off, exposing some sort of buzz box strapped to his chest.

Back